wedding

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Our wedding party stayed for two nights and we had our reception in the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for John and his staff and they made our wedding day a day to remember. We will always return to this wonderful hotel on our future stays in Southport."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2009

Convienient

Reviewed Sat 2nd of February 2013

"I booked my friend into the Duke's Folly for a couple of nights as I didn't have enough space to accommodate her in my flat. I rang the hotel directly and was dealt with efficiently and pleasantly.

The day she arrived was sunny and I was able to sit at a table in the front of the hotel while I waited for her. There are tables and chairs available in front of a small fish pond.

There is parking in front of the hotel.

My friend was given a "themed" room - which are more expensive. It was at the top of the building up quite a few stairs and the room was at the front of the hotel, overlooking the main street with a lovely view of a church. The theme was romance and the decor reflected this. There was a four poster bed and heart shaped red cushions as well as some themed pictures on the wall.

The room was quite large and spacious.

The bathroom was adequate but not luxurious - and there was no soap.

We were told that there would be a family function (funeral) on in the hotel to prepare us for any noise. Although there were plenty of people spilling out into the garden area at the front the noise never reached as high as the bedroom.

Breakfast was served in the conservatory at the front of the hotel and was fine.

My friend tells me that she found it very warm in the room and she had to open a window - but that she spent a peaceful night.

The hotel has an ideal location at the very top of Lord Street.

The staff were pleasant and efficient."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008