Bliss Hotel Southport Trademark Collection by Wyndham

Ramada Plaza Souhtport

About Bliss Hotel Southport Trademark Collection by Wyndham

Enjoyed the stay

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"Had a lovely stay here at the Ramada. Rooms as you would expect from a fairly new hotel, clean and spacious. Bathroom was lovely handcream bliss!! Breakfast was fab, good quality food no short cuts here. The only bad point was when my 6 yr old daughter wanted to go to the toilet in the underground carpark. I put money in but it was locked, and when asking the elderley gent on duty, he was very rude and unhelpful. Apart from that, will be back for more pampering."

• Travel date: 18th April 2009

Really good hotel

Reviewed 26th February 2013

"Just had 1 night in the Ramada after the Grand National at Aintree. The hotel is 1st Class. The staff are extremely friendly and efficient especially Reception. The accomodation is top notch with the rooms being finished to a very high standard. Breakfast well presented and cooked. Would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitae to return for either business or pleasure."

• Travel date: 6th April 2009

Effective Business Hotel but not for Leisure or Holiday

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"We stayed for 3 nights, Saturday to Monday at end of March. As this was our first break for a couple of years. We wanted something a bit special, a hotel with a bit of character and a buzz about it which gives a nice warm feeling and are happy to pay for this.. We went for the Ramada Palace as it had good reviews but it did not deliver for us. Everything works very well but it’s a modern soulless place lacking any charm. As a business person’s type of Hotel it is extremely good, maybe pricey. (We paid £95 B&B per room, per night) It did not work for us as a four star leisure hotel. Breakfast is excellent and bedrooms wonderful with fantastic sea views. big flat screen telly, comfortable bed and enormous bath Set Dinner is good, ok, trendy small portions and maybe a bit pricey. The Menu had Choice of four or five main courses but these remained the same during our stay. All the Staff were very friendly, efficient & pleasant But I have to be critical of the layout. The Initial Impressions are simple awful and straightaway we were very disappointed…not a good start and this clouded our views. The Main entrance off street is into a very large seemingly empty ground floor with sign announcing that reception is on the next floor up the lift. A fellow guest remarked that it looked derelict. The way through from underground car park is also off-putting, after negotiating security doors (laden with luggage) then meet a painted breeze block walled passageway, and more doors to finally the lift. The first floor is one vast open plan area for the public areas: Reception, Bar, Lounge, TV, Dining area….White floor tiles and walls, with a few potted plants and pictures and utterly characterless. In the Dining area, you are aware of the bar noise and catch sight of the TV over in the distance. In spite of the sea views available, the view from the dining area is an empty building opposite with a bit of sea in the corner. On a minor point, there are two small lifts for 7 floors, 140 rooms and each only holds 4 people plus stuff and to make things worse only one goes down to the underground carpark. One thing went wrong – Receptionist believed and told us in the day (Sunday) that dining room last orders were at 9.30. When we turned up at 8;50 all dressed up for dinner, they couldn’t serve us. Turned out on Sundays, they closed at 9 but also they had run out of most dishes. Staff suggested nearby restaurant but when we got there it was closed and ended up at a Pizza House. OK things can go wrong but whilst apologies all round there was no attempt by management to make amends. Oh, how I wish I could have got away with treating my customers like this! Now I am pretty tolerant and usually very slow to criticise and these points may seem minor to some but they did get to me such that I felt I had to make this review."

• Travel date: 6th April 2009

Top class hotel

Reviewed 23rd February 2013

"Wished our stay was more that just 1 night. The decor and comfort in the room was second to none, one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Our room 220 faced the bridge and for a change the tide was in so we could see the sea. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful even when the restaurant was a full capacity, extra seating was placed in the bar area. Would definately recommend this hotel although we did request Spa passes they weren't provided at check in but had we time to use the facilities we would have mentioned this. From check in to check out nothing too much trouble for staff."

• Travel date: 31st March 2009

Beautiful Views

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"We have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Ramada Plaza, it was wonderful. We stayed in a Superior Lake View room it was beautiful, windows all round the very spacious room and 2 32in TVs. The staff were very helpful and the hotel very clean. Breakfast was OK, would have been fine if it was hot. Will definately go back."

• Travel date: 9th March 2009

Beautiful views, great modern rooms, lovely food, incredible value for money

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"This is the second time we have stayed at the Ramada in Southport. The location is lovely, right by the marina and one minute from the shops. The rooms are noise free, clean, well designed and room service is excellent. It is a top hotel with real value for money. Breakfast is plentiful and fresh with the staff being very helpful - dinner (at xmas time) was divine but would like to see more for vegetarians. Nothing seems too much - soya milk was arranged when asked for. The Marine Lake Executive room we stayed in had incredible views - can't wait to stay again in the summer if we can book this room as it is very popular and was fully booked on our second trip."

• Travel date: 5th March 2009

What more could one want?

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"Just returned from 4 nights at the Ramada.We had a very good deal through booking.com - 4 nights B & B for 2 of us for £200! We had just about everything going for breakfast and didn't need to eat again until the evening. We were given a room with 2 double beds as they said it was all that was available so it was probably more spacious than a normal double.Beds were super comfy and the bath and shower superb - but do be careful getting out - fold the shower screen right back to gain more access. The position of the Ramada is fantastic and Southport itself is bigger than I thought and has some great shops.Also caught the train into Liverpool - 45 mins and £4.10 for day return ticket.Saved the hassle of driving and parking and my car was more than happy in the underground car park. The staff were welcoming and friendly and very apologetic when we had a hiccup booking in - first the keycard didn't work and then it turned out to be for the wrong room! Not a good start but I still give the hotel top marks."

• Travel date: 28th February 2009

Wonderful visit

Reviewed 22nd February 2013

"While on a visit to Southport with my family we called in at the Ramada just for a coffee. What a lovely experience we were given. The staff were very friendly and more than helpful when we asked if we could see one of the rooms. I will certainly consider staying on a future vist, the facilities were a delight and everywhere was so clean. The coffee was excellent value for money. We look forward to our next visit which will hopefully be a weekend stay."

• Travel date: 17th February 2009

Comfy bed or what!

Reviewed 15th February 2013

"We stayed at the Ramada as part of the valentines package but upgraded to an executive room. The room had excellent views over the marina and coastline with 3 floor to ceiling windows and doors opening onto a narrow balcony. The bed must be the most comfortable I have ever slept in and it was difficult to leave behind. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful throughout. The breakfast provided excellent choice and quality though the valentine dinner food was not the best we have enjoyed in hotel restaurants. The underground parking and location is superb. I would definitely recommend this hotel but go for the luxury room."

• Travel date: 17th February 2009

Very impressed

Reviewed 20th February 2013

"I usually stay at the Scarisbrick, but decided to give the newly opened Ramada a try. The hotel is in probably the best location of any in Southport, overlooking the Marine Lake and Pier, with an underground carpark that was very handy. My husband and I were both very impressed with it and had a really enjoyable stay. We had an executive room for 2 nights on dinner bed and breakfast. The room was gorgeous with absolutely fantastic views, spacious and very nicely furnished - worth the extra cost over a standard room. Both breakfast and dinner were excellent with a beautifully furnished restaurant and friendly and efficient staff. Only one very small niggle - why do hotels of this grade give you only one sachet of hot chocolate and one mini packet of biscuits in a room for two people? It seems a bit stingy to me! Also the package we booked included a free mini bar. On arriving in our room the mini fridge was empty so I rang reception and then received 2 cans of Coke and 2 tiny bars of chocolate - that was it for 2 days!! Having said that, we loved the Ramada and will definitely be back - don't think we'll be returning to the Scarisbrick!"

• Travel date: 3rd February 2009

great hotel

Reviewed 7th February 2013

"This is a REALLY good hotel. For starters it cost under £70 for B&B for 2 people. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious, modern and very well equiped - big telly, free phone, internet, comfy bed. All you could need. The breakfast too was unbeatable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2009

New hotel takes top spot in Southport

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"Very good experience, about what you would expect from Ramada worldwide - better than you expect in Southport. I don't understand why tripadvisor has this hotel listed under specialty lodging not hotels. AAA rate quoted on wyndhamrewards website was not the one offered on checkin, fortunately I had the confirmation with me. Someone else here commented on the dangerous shower/bath and I admit thinking they must be a bit pedantic, but after trying it I do agree - users take care getting out of the shower it is dangerous, certainly for anyone even slightly unsteady. I have never seen an obstacle like this in a hotel before! Hotel has room service with reasonable prices for this type of property but we didn't try it, it claims to be 24hour. There is a bar menu and a restaurant which means you don't have to go out in bad weather. The restaurant isn't cheap but on the whole reasonable considering. Good location, nice views from much of the hotel. Entrance to underground parking hard to find (needs some signage)."

• Travel date: 17th January 2009

Hotels near Bliss Hotel Southport Trademark Collection by Wyndham

Bliss Hotel Southport Trademark Collection by Wyndham is also called

• ramada plaza southport hotel
  • ramada plaza southport hotel southport
  • ramada southport