Superior King Cabin

43 years to discover The Liner

Reviewed 12th June 2014

"On our 43rd wedding anniversary, we booked a room at The Liner Hotel. From the start to the finish it was a joy and a real pleasure to stay there. The room verged on luxurious. I had arranged for a bouquet of flowers to be there on our arrival. They were in the room and they were outstanding quality for the price and a little card from the staff topped it off. It is the little touches that mean so much. The breakfasts were excellent ranging from continental, fruit or the traditional English, an excellent way to start the day. The restaurant in the hotel was too good to pass up. The staff were consistently good humored, helpful and obliging. The location is perfect for The Empire Theater (Lion King)The Docks( short walk to all the sights including Liverpool One) and a free car park. I would certainly stay here again and hope to do so next year. I would heartily recommend The Liner to any discerning guest."

• Travel date: 12th June 2014

On Board the Liner!

Reviewed 13th May 2009

"I have been to Liverpool before and have stayed in a few different hotels, never going back due to certain things, however I can say without adoubt the next time I visit Liverpool I will stay again at the Liner. The staff are very welcoming and will do anything to help you. THe breakfast was fantastic, a great variety of english breakfast and continental. THe hotel is based on a cruise Liner, its very tastefully done making it feel very much like being on a cruise and you get teh 5* service to go with it. It is in the city centre, next to Lime St Station and within walking distance to the coach station, cathedrals, docks, shops, nightlife, restaurants, everything you need. There is also car parking facilities that are complimetry to guests, very hard to find in a city! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. If your going to Liverpool, stay at the Liner. "

• Travel date: 12th May 2009

The Liner is in danger of sinking

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I have now stayed in the Liner 3 times and have decided to give up and stay elsewhere. The quality of the rooms is ok, though the last time the shower was poor with little water – however, the staff were not interested when I raised this with them. Breakfast is adequate, provided you like your tea and coffee out of a machine. The worst problem is the attitude of the staff - they give the impression that customers are an inconvenience who are there to make their life difficult. In March I tried to make a reservation for a party of 7 and gave up because the staff were so unhelpful and lacking in initiative or customer care. In that instance I took my business elsewhere. And, to cap it all, the cost of rooms has now gone up. My last visit at the start of April I paid £70 for B&B, this has now gone up to £115. In my opinion it was just about OK for £70 a night. In no way is it worth £115. I will be staying elsewhere in future."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2007

The Liner Is Lovely

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"I just returned from a 2 night stay at The Liner In Liverpool. For an inexpensive hotel it is immaculate, the staff is warm, friendly and very helpful. The room was comfortable if not a bit small (but we weren't there to stay in the room all day). Breakfast was included...all you can eat buffet and Full English Breakfast. The restaurant was excellent. They offer an al a carte menu and a pre-theatre menu that was wonderful...an appetizer, entree and dessert. It was very reasonably priced. The hotel is very conveniently situated and is just 2 doors away from the Lime Street Station and half way up the street from a theatre that was showing the play CHICAGO. I would definetly go and stay there again."

• Travel date: 9th April 2007

Very enjoyable stay

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"Just returned from a two night stay and can say we were very impressed by this lovely hotel. The location is great for shopping and transport links,(Lime Street Station is at the bottom of the road), as is the Empire Theatre so plenty to do... There is a good hotel car park and once parked up we didn't touch the car again until our journey home and no parking charges were made. We enjoyed a three course meal, early diner, for £11.95 in the main restaurant, the food was lovely and the service was efficient and friendly. There is also a small bar which serves cocktails and food, our second evening was spent in there, we found the prices were reasonable and the food was great too. We booked a triple room and we were very pleased with it, the room was clean, warm and comfortable, it had all the usual well stocked complimentary items, and lots of fluffy white towels. Breakfast was served in the main restuarant and it had a great selection, a choice of cereal, fruit, cold meats, bread buns, crossiants, toast and the usual cooked breakfast with fruit juice, tea and coffee, this kept us going until early evening!!! All in all a great hotel, we had a fabulous stay and enjoyed shopping in Liverpool too."

• Travel date: 1st December 2006

Tacky and noisy but a warm welcome.

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"A large group of us stayed at this hotel over a weekend. Rooms are clean though not overly comfortable. Warning: this place is themed - 1920s ocean liner style. Rooms are called cabins, windows are portholes and restaurants have names like "seven seas". In reality we're talking a travelodge with faux marble bathrooms and monogrammed carpets. It's plus points: next door to the station so right in the heart of town; staff are helpful and friendly if not always very knowledgeable; it's large, has a (very) late night bar and is keenly priced during the week. Negatives: located next to the station - if you're on the station side of the hotel expect diesel engines to wake you at 5am' has very poor sound proofing (especially when 20 drunken Scandinavian Liverpool fans trundle past your door at 2am); poor shower pressure; Loud piped music everywhere you go (at 6.30am over breakfast? - come on guys!). Finally, the weekend price - we were charged £130 a night including breakfast on both the Friday and saturday - outrageous for this class of hotel. Next year, they plan to add a bowling alley - can't wait. For a mere 10 pounds more per night, the city has two excellent stylish boutique hotels - the Hope and Castle Street. Stay there instead."

• Travel date: 8th November 2006

First Class Venue

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"I have just spent a weekend in the Liner with my nine year old son and cannot praise it high enough. The hotel is very central, very clean and despite being busy was quiet at night. The food in the bar was excellent, the staff were friendly and I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone. Should I return to Liverpool I will check availability in the Liner first."

• Travel date: 6th November 2006

the liner, liverpool

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"i recently stayed here as part of a group of lads who were visiting liverpool to watch the football. situated 200 yards from lime street station it has an excellent central location. the hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly. it has recently been refurbished and some minor works are still ongoing however this does not affect the pleasure of your stay. the rooms were very clean with facilities including tv, tea and coffee, telephone, trouser press and iron in your room. there is a bar next door and also a function room. breakfast was buffet style with excellent full english selection as well as fruit, cereal, toast and various juices. overall a very pleasant stay. the only negative was the price, £130 for a friday night twin room was a bit steep i thought. i have had similar standard city centre hotels for around £80/90. would definately have no hesitation in staying there again though."

• Travel date: 6th November 2006

second visit review

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Second visit to this hotel The refurbishment continues however the double room I was allocated had been upgraded and was clean and well stocked Complimentary tea and coffee was available but the biscuits and hot chocolate mentioned in the room info were not in evidence The bathroom sink plug could not be lifted by the plunger and despite being reported was still broken on departure I was on the sixth floor and was badly disturbed by the heating and ventilation system which hums and drones like a squadron of Lancaster bombers all night. When I rang the desk they did offer me a room change and acknowedged that it was an unsolvable issue. I travel a lot for business and am amazed at the amount of money hotels waste heating interior corridors to sauna like temperatures. The rooms are also stuffy as the window locks will not allow them to be opened beyond 12 inches The area is very busy and the noise from the surrounding traffic is deafening so take your choice boil or enjoy the NYC like traffic buzz I ventured into the restaurant on this trip as despite the reasonable room service menu (bit limited for veggies) I needed a cooked meal. The early bird menu is good value and boasted a wide range of recipies. I was pleased to say that the food tasted as good as it loked and the service was also very good. One slight objection was the offer of water with the meal no mention of the charge for a huge bottle ....which for one was rather ridiculous. I was rather embarrased to find my credit card would not work and luckily was able to charge to my room. The manager did murmur something about there being a probem with the machines, but offered no other solution, leaving me flustered and irritated through no fault of my own A sad end to a pleasant meal. I mentioned this on check out and the receptionist confirmed the issues with their machines, but no hint of apologies for the embarrassment caused to me. Breakfast is now being served in the restaurant, which is much improved from the food hall/ conference setting, it was in on my last trip. The range was good and standard no suprises or treats Overall a good visit but I will definately avoid the sixth floor room hum of the heating next trip"

• Travel date: 27th October 2006

Fantastic hotel

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I arrived at the hotel only to be welcomed by a friendly helpful member of staff who was cheerful, lots of people in the reception area, the hotel was like a carnival atmosphere very nice and inviting. The bedroom was so clean it surprised me how nice. The evening meal was very tasty I really would recommend trying out the food. Breakfast was served in the same dining restaurant, Doreen served with such a pleasent smile, thank you. Would i come back again well of course."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

Hotels near The Liner Hotel

Top traveller tips for The Liner Hotel

• by B J

"Book a seat at THe Empire, five minutes away"

• by globetrotter1122

"Seven Seas restaurant at the Liner Hotel, Ye Rah an St Petersberg. Cathedrals are a must."

The Liner Hotel is also called