About Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre

• turkish amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • desk
  • iron
  • paid private parking on site
  • coffee tea maker
  • romanian amenities

Predictably impeccable Hilton standards

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"When we visit the United States or Canada, Hilton's Hampton Inns have been our hotel brand of choice since we stayed at their superb property in Charleston.
Unfortunatelty (a) until recently the brand hasn't been available in the UK and (b) I kept forgetting to book with my loyalty card, so I'm missing quite a lot of points!
We are frequent visitors to Liverpool for both business and leisure, and I also do anonymous visits for a market research firm, so over the years, we have tried all of the major hotels.
This was our first visit to a "Hampton by Hilton" as they are called in the UK, amd I;m in no doubt that we have finally found our Liverpool home.
The brand is not a full-service hotel, but you get much more than you have a right to expect for the rate. In the US and Canada, facilities vary greatly (we have a Jacuzzi in the bedroom, in addition to the standard bathroom facilities in a couple of hotels) but I suspect that the UK ones will be fairly standardised.
Staff, as at every Hilton property we have ever visited, are superbly trained in face-to-face relationships with customers. We were greeted at check-in by two impeccably dressed young men who smiled at me, and held the smiles, as I covered the last 10 yards to the counter.
The one who welcomed me called me "sir" throughout (one hotel lost my business because I simply couldn't adjust to being addressed as "buddy" - sorry if that's pompous, but one of the things I'm paying for is respect as a customer) and checked me in speedily, offering my a choice of floors. As I was using loyalty points for a free stay, I decided to see how he would respond if I asked for a late check-out. He checked his computer for booking levels, cleared my request, and didn't even set a time for my departure. That's service.
The room was so clean and well presented that we could have been the first occupants.
It was a reasonable size, but one disappointing feature was the shortage if storage space. There was a good sized wardrobe, but the only shelf was in the top of the wardrobe, and even that was mainly occupied by spare bedding. We were staying for only one night, but if we had been staying for longer, I would have found it inconvenient to have to keep living out of a suitcase.
We both like to read in bed, so through experience, we take a spare bedside light, in the hope that this will give us both an individual light. (given the expectation that the hotel will provide at least one other). We didn't need our own light this time, as the Hampton is brilliant in this respect, providing individual LED lights on flexible arms.
Breakfast was excellent. The hot buffet consisted of trimmed back bacon, scrambled egg, baked beans and sauté potatoes. Cold items included a wide selection of cereals, croissants, dried fruit, toast and fresh fruit. Short of going to a full-service hotel, it's difficult to know how this could be improved - cold meats and cheeses, perhaps/ Whatever - the Hampton puts to shame a couple of full service hotels in the area that I could name.
There are many other plus points that I could make about this great establishment, but I'll deal with just one. When we leave our room, and we don't want housekeeping in, we always hang the "do not disturb" sign on the door. We left it on after returning the following morning, and it was hanging there for so long that the front desk rang us to ask if we were all right.
Great people, great property."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of May 2010

A joy to stay at

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I spent the weekend at the Hampton with my wife for our aniversary and had a great time. Apart from the city obviously the hotel which I believe has only opened recently was to be honest more that we expected for what we paid. The room was spotless and had a great view overlooking the Albert Dock and the Big Wheel.

We ate in the hotel on the first night and the food was as good as you would expect for the price. Ive had better but then again Ive had worse and paid more for it. On arrival we were told that the breakfast (which is complimentary by the way) gets very busy between 9 - 10 so we came down about 8.30 and were able to enjoy the breakfast without too much fuss. Although I do believe it did get very busy after we finished. The breakfast had a good selection of a cooked breakfast, cereal, fresh yougherts, fruit etc a pretty good spread to be honest.

Overall we found this hotel to be very clean and pleasing to the eye and felt more like a 4 star hotel. The staff as a whole were very positive and engaging and always made you feel welcome. I would highly reccomend this hotel to others and have already booked again for my birthday weekend in a few months."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2010

Do not stay here!

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Although the rooms were beauitful and comfortable everything else was TERRIBLE!

Although there was no queue at BOOKING IN TOOK FOREVER! With three different members of staff having to get involed when a machine would not take mine or my partners card! And the hotel we were asked for a £50 deposit becasue of THEIR factualty machines.

As no room service is provided we were told that a free breakfast would be served until 10 the next day. At 9:30 am we went down to breakfast and found NO HOT FOOD! And none was provided for another 20 minutes. When some warm sausages did arrive they were terrible and tasted like plastic!

Although the hotel does have unground parking leaveing the hotel is very dangerous as the small enterance as the exit, which caused alot of conern for my partner. Once we had got out of the parking we found that a van had parked at the side of the hotel thus blocking the enternce and exit to the parking. It stayed there for 10 mins while reception staff had a smoke outside, as customer waited for the van to move!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of May 2010

Hampton By Hilton

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I stayed at Hampton by Hilton over the bank holiday weekend. It was my first time in Liverpool, and what a great time it was too. The hotel has beautiful interior and excellent team members. Each member of staff was extremely approachable and friendly. I guess its the "scouse" personality, because everywhere we went in Liverpool was a pleasurable time.
The room was just the right size with a good design/idea for the bathroom/wardrobe door.
The breakfast in the morning was lovely. I think I picked just the right time to come down as I was leaving it was pandemonium and I felt for the two breakfast girls a "scouse" dark haired girl and a girl from london (i didnt get their names) who were infact such a pleasure meeting with the both of them. They were super friendly and always smiling even though you could see they were struggling alone while 3 members of staff were on reception not really doing much.There were a couple of male members of staff floating around but not giving much help in my opinion.
Also the cleaner John who was fantastic,interacting with customers and a friendly approachable fellow. Really had me laughing.
All in all the hotel was fantastic liverpool was fantastic and I will definitely be recommending to friends and family."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of May 2010

Top Notch

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Stayed at the hotel last weekend and found my stay enjoyable and comfortable.

I had amazing views of the city and was delighted with my room on the 5th floor.
In my opinion I would rate this hotel as 4 star more than 3 star.

Fantastic value for money.

The room was modern and well equipped and I had everything I needed to hand.
The hotel was ideally situated and had secure underground parking. I believe the hotel has been recently built this year.

I found the breakfast very enjoyable but the breakfast area was a little cramped and the plates were on the small side.

Two staff members stood out from the crowd and I believe Sabrina and Chole need a well deserved pat on the back. These two are a credit to your business and made me feel welcome and relaxed during my stay.

I would 100% use this hotel again."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of May 2010

very pleasent stay

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a welcoming stay at this lovley hotel.it was in an ideal location for visiting our daughter who is at uni in liverpool. Hotel itself is very modern,rooms quite small but had everything we needed,staff very helpful as our room lock was broken and they had to keep letting us in but it wasnt to much of a hassle.we would definatley return again to this nice hotel, also enjoyed our on the house breakfast."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2010

Looks Good on the outside not that good on the inside!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Rooms are pretty small but quite nice beds are ordinary doubles so not much room, Bathrooms have a sliding opaque door so not very private so don't take a bird if your trying to impress noises!!!.
They have tea & coffee in the room 2 little sachets of milk and a plastic twizzle stick to stir your tea, Christ cant they afford a spoon its not as though its that cheap to stay over.
Breakfast well they have tiny plates so you ain't getting much to eat although what they have is good quality excellent sausage etc but please give proper size plates.
Staff are excellent when I moaned about no milk or sugar the girl was off to find some which she did reception very good and courteous also.
Would I use again only if the Hilton or Crowne Plaza were fully booked for an extra £30 you can get full service hotel facilities although this is a nice looking place in spite of my above comments but its not the best value for money."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of May 2010

New hotel

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"A new hotel just across the road from the albert dock so a good location about a 10 mins walk into the main shop area,the decor is very modern and clean all the staff were pleasent and helpfull a help yourself buffet breakfast was in our room price which had a selection of 3 hot iteams cerals juice ect,enough to keep you going ,the bedrooms themselves being brand new therefore clean and comfy each had a sofa which can turn into a extra bed tea/coffee makeing ,they have their own undergound carpark which is a extra charge of £5 a day a bit naughty chargeing guests but all hoels in liverpool seem to charge you to park,all in all a very nice stay."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of May 2010

Fantastic Hotel with Fantastic Staff....!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"This hotel is brand new and must have just opened. Use Hilton Hotels a lot and this was my first time at a Hampton. Pleasantly surprised. The reception is beautiful...nicely decorated. Staff are very nice...especially the evening receptionst Alex...super friendly and helpful. The room was great...we stayed in 505. We had a great view across the Albert Dock. The bathroom had a walk-in shower with all your soaps and shampoos provided. Loved the bathroom door that slid across to be a door for the wardrobe too. Added touches like slow closing toilet seat were welcome. Flat screen TV with freeview and hairdryer was top of the range (not the normal travel one in the droor!!). Funky alarm clock you could link your gadgets to play music to. Free hot breakfast included and breakfast lady really attentive. Car park very secure with shutter access and well lit...easy access by lift to reception. Really enjoyed our stay and would definately stay here again. Really couldnt ask for more. Will have to find more Hamptons to stay in now."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of April 2010

Upmarket Contemporary Budget Hotel in Great Location.

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I booked this Hotel using some reward points that I had just to get away for the night and have a look round the wonderful City of Liverpool. I found out that it has only been open a week. For the time you actually spend in the Hotel it suffices, lots of classy seating and lounge areas, small gym for those that can be bothered. Room was great, super bed, decent TV with full freeview and big shower. I didnt take my laptop but understand that web access is free.
Bed/Pillows are v comfortable. Our room had a Sofa Bed which annoyed me as I couldnt book a room for 3 and bring my Son - but in the end I could have done? Annoying.
Now this might sound bizarre but your toilet/wardrobe door is one and the same - a big sheet of frosted glass on sliders. Now as I was nodding off to sleep I kept hearing this 'rumbling/sliding' and I could only summise that it was this 'door' in someone elses room or possibly the lift doors. Anyway it kept me awake longer than normal but not as much not to return again.
Our room looked over onto Albert Dock area. The hotel is set back off the dock front in what seems to be redeveloping area. Excellent location for the docks, taxi was £2/3 right up into the town if you cant be bothered or capable of slogging it uphill all the way.
There is a bar and bar meals. Only used the bar for an evening coffee.
Service - Now I understand that this hotel is weeks old and I'll allow for teething troubles but these guys must get this right quickly!
My experience - we arrived 12ish and wanted to get parked and start sightseeing. I got parked in underground carpark (£5) and asked if there was a possibility of checking in early. "NO. 2PM earliest." Now the place wasnt exactly heaving... anyway at least the car was parked up. Staff seem to be shared - so if someones checking in - you'll be waiting at the bar!!
Sunday AM Breakfast was pandemonium!! I took it quite lightly and munched on toast and cereal but the breakfast area isnt right. Cereal is at the other end from milk/bowls etc. Tea and coffee and in vast 'flasks' which seemed to constantly run out. Sausages, eggs, beans n hash browns are the hot offering which wasnt getting replenished quickly enough for the demand. Seating was very limited.
It seemed the whole hotel had slept in 'til 9 then arrived down at 9:15 before the 10am finish - that just resulted in brekkie chaos with half full plates at mugs etc all over the place. Perhaps an 11am finish would be more ameniable on a Sunday?? I dont think they got the staffing right either. As I say though - I'm sure these are teething troubles rather than something to expect regularly. Only time will tell.
Also, whilst I'm not normally sexist (I'm a bloke!), I did find that the Male members of staff didnt excel in the Customer Service school as much as the Ladies did.
E.g - If I'm standing at the bar waiting for a drink and you happen to be helping your mate with the new fangled computer system whilst checking someone in then please have the courtesy to acknowledge me? Not then run into the office for another 5 mins....
The girls.. "anything else" "are you ok there?" and some conversation - it was even up to the girls to rescue the brekkie chaos - the blokes were moving forks and napkins etc... mmm.
In summary - Lovely Hotel with a Nice Room and a great price. Super Location. Just needs those tweaks in the opening weeks! :)
I shall return and you should go!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of April 2010