Terrace Suite Master Bedroom

• board games puzzles
  • portuguese amenities
  • dutch amenities
  • hungarian amenities
  • books dvds music for children
  • valet parking amenities
  • butler service

perfect

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed for three nights in a junior suite at this hotel and it was the best hotel experience we have ever had.The Soho Hotel is able to combine absolutely flawless five star service without any intrusiveness at all. The design presents a warm and cozy environment without being stuffy or ultra-futurist-modern. It is at once lively and happening and also an oasis of calm. The location is perfect. We have not a single complaint. If you are looking for a full-service hotel of the old empire style with ringing bells and cathedral ceilings, stay somewhere else. If you want to immerse yourself in a jewel box of privacy, luxury and calm, this is it. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny."

• Travel date: 27th August 2006

A place to feel special

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We have just returned from this beautifully discreet hotel. From the moment we entered this oasis of calm we felt special and pampered. The staff were, without exception, very friendly and helpful. The decor in the hotel is lively and perhaps shouldn't work - but it does. The libary and sitting rooms are havens of peace. The bar gets full in the evening and is great place to people watch. We had a beautiful room which was spacious( when compared to other rooms in which I've stayed in 5 star London) and offered a bathroom of marble and glass. The separate shower was fantastic and as expected was equipuiped with high quality soaps and shower gels. The view from our room and indeed all the public rooms were not great. This is because the hotel is in a Mews area and so looks out only onto other buildings. This did not worry us greatly This hotel is in a great postion and I would love to stay again. It is not as brash or obvious as some similar hotels but it is a truely classy place to stay."

• Travel date: 26th August 2006

Good, but there are better

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Let's start with the basics from the hotel - the rooms, the staff and the hotel decor: and on all these fronts, the hotel scores highly. The rooms are a good size (although slightly disappointing views I suspect in most), and are individually decorated. They're all in very good condition with nice touches. I liked the fact there was a hand-written welcoming card, the large wardrobes, a thoughtful range of items in the mini-bar and accompanying shelves, and the turn-down service had been done carefully not in a hurry. The staff also were polite and efficient (although apparently not able to book a taxi from the hotel on a Sunday morning even after a half-hour wait), and when we phoned to reception for an item to be brought to the room it was done promptly. The decor was good fun and the unique pieces of art in the rooms and round the hotel meant it was a place to wonder and enjoy being in - not just a place to stay. All in all, very good indeed. So why not a 5 star rating? Mainly, because the hotel lacked atmosphere. You stay at The Sanderson (round the corner) and there are queues of people waiting to get in to the bar each evening, there's a buzz and excitement there. Not so at The Soho. Even the day before the local "Soho Pride" festival, the hotel was creeping along not revelling in its location and environment. Perhaps it was the fact the bar closes at midnight (and staff who have to read the menu to remind themselves how to make drinks); perhaps it was the fact there were no doormen out the front, helping you and welcoming you to the hotel (they're not needed, but they demonstate that the hotel cares); perhaps it was just the poor quality shower that dribbled out water. Whatever the case, I just didn't find it worked. And that's a great shame because with a little more, well, pazzazz this hotel would be a shining star in a great location. I'd recommend it but only for a tourist wanting a solid hotel, not someone looking for a sparkling night out enjoying what London is most certainly famous for."

• Travel date: 19th August 2006

Great Hotel, great location

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"The Soho Hotel is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are modern with amenities like high speed internet, LCD TV's, radios with Ipod hookups (supplied by concierge). They are well appointed and the bathrooms are also very nice. The restaurant has an excellent menu and the bar is busy at night. Downstairs they have a decently equipped gym. If you are looking for a very nice hotel and would like to stay in the heart of Soho, I highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 30th May 2006

As Good As It Gets in London

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We are a family of five, and we stayed at the Soho Hotel in a two-room apartment for two and a half weeks in April and May this year. Let me say this right off: this hotel is as good as it gets in London: attentive staff, excellent rooms, a lively neighborhood with every conceivable eating place, most theaters and Chinatown only five minutes away. It is a little more expensive than the usual, but then the usual will not have a ten-foot bronze cat by Botero in the lobby! The hotel restaurant is, how does one put it delicately, minimalist, especially from the point of view of a family that can get very hungry in London, which is about ten thousand kilometers from Asia where we live. But having said that, I have to say that it was always full, especially around the very long bar which seems to be the restaurant's centerpiece. So my comment is probably more indicative of a cultural divide: Asians go to restaurants for food, preferably in substantial amounts; Brits go for drinks, probably in similarly substantial quantities. All in all, this is a hotel that deserves a premium rating, and a promise to keep returning to it whenever you get to London."

• Travel date: 23rd May 2006

Wonderful

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and it was wonderful. The hotel itself, and our room, were both lovely, beautifully decorated - very stylish - with interesting pieces of art around. The bed and bathroom were both very luxurious and comfortable. They sent us in a bottle of champage for our anniversary, and the cocktails at the downstairs bar were delicious. Breakfast, delivered to our room, was also great, with an interesting selection to choose from (and much better than the other 5 star places I've stayed). Staff and service all impeccable. All in all a terrific place to stay - I have booked to go back next month and can't wait."

• Travel date: 7th February 2006

Great design, good hotel

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"This hotel is in a great location (as its name suggests) and yet manages to be very quiet, as it is tucked away between 2 busy streets. The decor in the main communal parts of the hotel is very special, but I have to say that on a personal level I wasn't too keen on the decor in my room. We were upgraded to a junior suite, and although the quality of the furnishings was great, the decor was a bit 'old US style country house' which isn't to my taste. The bathroom was full of dark marble: very 80s. However this is the only real complaint I have, and it is purely a question of personal taste. I prefer clean modernity, not flowery. Be careful if breakfast isn't included in your rate - it was in ours but the a la carte would have come to £50! Plus the prices they quote for rooms is without VAT so that adds another 20%... Had a great time, it's a very special place but I would not rush back. I much prefer the Covent Garden or the Charlotte Street hotels."

• Travel date: 31st January 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We stayed here on New Years Eve and it could not have been better. The reception and general hotel staff are the best I have come across in recent years - possibly the best ever - and I travel regulary on business staying at so-called 'style' hotels in NYC, Lisbon, Barcelona, Amsterdam, LA and everywhere inbetween. We were upgraded on our arrival and the room set-up was fantastic. The materials, fabrics and decor are of a very high quality and the finishing of the room is astounding for this day and age, when craftsmanship and finishing has gone down the pan pretty much (will be interesting to see how the hotel maintains this, as it is still new and one feels like you are in fact the first persion to ever stay in the room!). The hotel and fabulous bar area was pretty quiet for NY Eve, but we were going outside for dinner and drinks (the fantastic Quo Vadis restaurant is just 50 yards away and is always impeccable) so this was inconsequential. Compared to the other style/boutique hotels in London, The Soho Hotel has upped the ante a long way - it mixes new boutique style with 'old school' warmth, quality and detail - can only recommend it highly!!"

• Travel date: 16th January 2006

Great Place to Stay

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"My company helped to build this hotel so I may be a bit biased in my opinion. So with this in mind I paid for 5 other couples to stay at this hotel with me and my wife in December 2004. We have sinced returned in Jan and April 2004. My opinion and that of all the other people that stayed with us that first weekend was "Amazing and Classy" There is no snootiness about this place just lots of style and smile. The reception staff are extremely friendly and seem to have the knack of remembering guests names. The bar staff are also very friendly and polite. "So they should be at those prices" I might hear you say but trust me it isnt always the case no matter how much you pay. The rooms are the thing that blows most people away. Just how you would like your own room to be if only it was big enough. The beds were so comfortable i took a sneaky look at the matresses to see if it was possible to buy one somewhere. It was made by Silent Night and the model was called "The Firmdale" which is the name of the company that owns the hotel so they are obviously designed and made specifically for Firmdale Hotels The bathrooms are exquisite with marbles and limestones. We have been very fortunate to receive a free upgrade to a junior suite on every visit so far together with a free neck and shoulder massage. They even remember you when you return and leave a personal little note and a gift in your room for you. I have read one report on here that says it is the worst hotel ever. Dont be ridiculous, try the Ibis Hotel at Euston. I personally dont think this hotel is expensive for the level of luxury. (Its good for star spotting as well: So far we have seen David Schwimmer/Ross from Friends, Robbie Williams and Busted). I understand from the Porter that Jeniffer Lopez, Sting, Madonna and others have all stayed there too."

• Travel date: 30th December 2005

beautiful hotel

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We stayed in Soho hotel for 4 nights this July. The service was excellent. Especially the concierge was AMAZING. He got us all the hot tables in best restaurants, best tickets for great shows... The food was good. The restaurant downstairs attracts a beautiful London crowd everytime of the day. Although we stayed in a suit, the room wasn't very big but it was pretty good for London standards. I have to say that the hotel was really really well decorated. The location was so convenient. It's close to everywhere you wanna go."

• Travel date: 26th December 2005