Exterior

The Best!!

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I have to say I had the best weekend in a long time, my stay was very very enjoyable mainly for the fact the room was spacious and being able to have hot snacks without having to go out to eat was a real bonus. While eating we enjoyed watching a movie (pay per veiw) on the Plasma screen ( big screen)The staff are very professional and unlike in the bigger hotels I have stayed in they were friendly and happy to help. When I checked in I got the impression that reception is very well managed, as they seem very well organised and their customer service is excellent."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

My little London nest!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"I may be shooting myself in the foot here, because as the secret gets out on this new bijou hotel, the harder it will be to book for the next time...........and believe me, there WILL be many more next times! What's not to like about a hotel that focuses on everything the 'man on the move' could possibly wish for in a room - from multiple choice channels on the flat screen TV, to the zen-like bathroom - it's all very 21st century! That's inside - but outside is equally appealing, as it's located in a square facing a garden, which makes it both leafy + quiet! When you consider you're in Kensington, you can happily turn a blind eye to the 'compact' nature of the room, because at 80 quid a night all-up, this is simply unbeatable value! The double rooms are bigger - I took a peek - but not a huge difference price wise. This'll be my new London address for anyone wishing to find me from now on - until they open the next base2stay, that is!! Wonderful!"

• Travel date: 7th October 2006

fantastic!!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Me and my partener came to stay at this hotel after reading the great reviews in the times. We were not disapointed warm, welcoming, friendly staff who went out of their way to help us with any queries we had. We stayed in a large double room which was perfect, stylish, clean, and modern. It was lovely to have the choice to cook for ourselves and not have to splash out on dining; however if you did want to dine out the "base directory" on the lovely big flat screen in the room is agreat help, it has everything you could need to know. We will definatly be reccommending this hotel to our friends if they want to come to stay in london, I just hope they open up some more it is a great concept. We WILL be back. Thankyou to all the staff at base2stay."

• Travel date: 6th October 2006

Fabulous base for a stay in London!

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Base To Stay is highly recommended for people who want a good base whilst in London. Clean, simple and efficient. The hotel is just rooms, no food is served, but they do have a good menu of takeaway options in each room. The rooms are neat and compact, with a sink and fridge in a cupboard, small but good bathroom, large TV screen and comfortable beds. I'd recommend it for anyone working or staying in London who is happy to find food etc. elsewhere and just wants a reasonably priced, comfortable room."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2006

Stylish & great value

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Exactly the kind of hotel I love to stay in when staying over on business - great location, helpful staff, super clean and no frilly bits! Yes the room (bunk bed twin) may have been on the small side but they certainly packed a lot in, with high quality fiacilities throughout - in my view having a great bathroom is essential and this one was spot on. I didn't use the kitchenette much but I can definately see the value of this if you were on a longer stay and wanted a break from eating out, also great for those on a budget and ideal for families with young children - I know from personal experience that having a bolt hole to rest & feed very young ones is very welcome. All in all excellant value for money and I look forward to my next stay."

• Travel date: 28th September 2006

Base2stay Hotel

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Base2stay Hotel in the Kensington/Earl's Court area is a real delight. While the rooms are small they are decorated very tastely and manage to accomodate all your needs. The staff was very helpful and eager to please- a great location and pleasant hotel"

• Travel date: 25th September 2006

One of the best in London

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"After staying in many hotels thoughout London, I saw this one advertisied in a mag. It looked good so I booked. I had a single room which at 1st impression was small, but then I remembered it was London - space is a premium. The decor, facilities and staff were fab. The location is spot on. Not sure about the breakfast, but plenty of places nearby. Overall a great experience."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2006

Too cramped for a long stay

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"We stayed in a large double room (the GBP110 size) for a number of nights in July. While we would agree with those who compliment the hotel on cleanliness and crisp design, the concept is really not ideal for a stay of more than a couple days. Even the larger double rooms are very small -- essentially you have to sit on the bed if you want to be in the room. The hotel has no public space at all -- no lobby for sitting (so there are usually many people just standing in the hallway waiting for check-in every morning, with all of their luggage piled all over). The lack of room/public space is not a big problem in good weather, as you can just stay out of the hotel all day/evening and only come back to sleep. In rain, however, there is simply no place to relax -- the room is too small and there is nowhere else to sit in the hotel. The "kitchenettes" in the room consist merely of a small fridge, a microwave, tea kettle and plates/glasses in a closet. There is no way to really cook anything (and nowhere but the bed to sit and eat), so this "selling feature" that the hotel highlights is not as useful as it sounds. The free internet is very, very slow (and hard to use on a clunky keyboard). There is paid high-speed connection option if you have a laptop, but the cord is not long enough to reach to the bed and so using it is difficult. It is not easy to actually work in the room. It would make so much sense for the hotel to offer free wireless to guests -- not expensive for the hotel to install and a huge plus for guests ... not sure why they don't offer this, as it would make a huge difference for almost no investment on their part. While we liked the concept of Base2Stay, they might have been better off making rooms large enough for a sitting area, including a real cooktop in the kitchenettes, and installing wireless. Then it would be a REAL value for money and a truly great find in London."

• Travel date: 12th September 2006

Nice Hotel

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Base2Stay is a modern hotel with great amenities. It's hard to believe all of the stuff in the room could fit into one small room but it did! We especially liked the free Internet access on the flat screen TV/LCD! We were pleased with the room. They were exactly as pictured on the website. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Our only disappointment was that one of the rooms booked by our party was supposed to be a double room but it was much smaller than the other double rooms in our group. One hotel staff member suggested that is was not a double room but on check -out the desk clerk refused to reduce the rate suggesting that the other rooms were in fact upgraded! That was the only negative."

• Travel date: 6th September 2006

Excellent place to stay

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"I stayed with my wife in August at base2stay for a romantic long bank holiday weekend. The place was spotless with professional yet friendly staff. We booked a deluxe for two and we were both impressed by everything about this place. The shower was the icing. My wife was so pleased with our stay that she has booked in for another weekend in November. Thanks to the management for bringing to London a breath of fresh air. This place really proves that you dont have to pay above the odds to get luxury"

• Travel date: 5th September 2006