The Milestone Hotel

1 Kensington Court, London W8 5DL England

2013

Personalized attention

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"The service in this hotel is excellent! The rooms are exquisitely appointed, with modern baths, free internet connections, wonderful turn down service. We went for my birthday, and my son had requested the Food and Beverage Director make a birthday cake for me ( a surprise for me). It was a sinfully rich and moist cake and the presentation was excellent. Our experience with this hotel and with this neighborhood in London couldn't have been better. We highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

What a gem!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"My husband and I recently took a trip to Morocco, London, and Dubai. Out of all the hotels that we stayed at I would have to say that The Milestone was the most charming hotel. The hotel is very small, which means you get personal, warm service from every staff member.
From the point that we arrived we were checked in quickly and then given a tour of the hotel and of our room by a wonderful butler named Terry. Terry, throughout our entire stay, was a tremendous help in suggesting what things to see, where to eat, etc. He is a great addition to this hotel.
After we were shown our room and all the "extras" it had we were given a complimentary drink (we recommend the hot chocolate because it's given with delicious cookies) and we had time to walk the nearby shops and get something to eat.
The location of the hotel is ideal since there are many shops and restaurants to eat and visit. In addition, we recommend getting tickets for the Big Bus Tours because they have a stop right outside the hotel and it's an easy, educational, and inexpensive way to see all of London.
The Milestone is a beautiful hotel that has anticipated all the needs of its guests. We didn't have to ask for anything extra or have anything changed because it was truly perfect!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

Would stay here again in a heart beat!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"This is my favorite hotel in London. It's small but exquisitely decorated, and the service is just wonderful. No request is too big or too small, and when I have had (very minor) issues, they have responded quickly, efficiently and satisfactorily.

I also ate the the hotel restaurant and it was a very satisfactory meal. Room service too was wonderful.

If you can, stay in the apartments as these are just so beautifully furnished with real fireplaces, shiny beautiful kitchens, and lovely rooms.

I love this hotel.

In terms of location, this is the type of hotel for people who want to experience "London life." It's not very near the theater & museum district (but it's just one bus ride away), but you're right in front of Kensington Park & Palace, and your neighborhood is the Kensington Church Street area which is where real (and really nice) people live."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of December 2006

Like Staying in a Wonderful Private Home

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"If you are looking for a wonderful small hotel with a very British feel then the Milestone is for you! We had a wonderful stay there. The staff is so friendly and helpful. After a full day of site seeing it felt like coming home.....if only my home was decorated so lovely! The rooms are cheerful and comfortable though a little on the small size compared to American standards. The location is great, right across the street from Kensington Palace, quiet yet not too far from the action. The tube station is a short walk and the on and off bus lets you off almost at the hotel door. There are several good places to eat close by. We had an excellent meal at the Indian restaurant down the block and the Italian restaurant makes the best pizza...even better than the ones we had in Italy! There is a breakfast place in the same block called Giraffe that serves a full British breakfast for a reasonable price. The food at the hotel is excellent also. We had their late afternoon tea and it was delicious. We also enjoyed dessert and a drink after the theater in the lounge. They have a nice turn down service, where they leave bottled water and candy.......though not chocolate.....weird British candy...but that was good because I wasn't tempted to eat it! We look forward to saying at the Milestone next time we are in London."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

The Milestone - A well-kept secret

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We wanted to be near a friend's flat in Kensington and she recommended the Milestone Hotel as an excellent choice of hotel. We're glad we took her advice - it is a real gem! The decor is unfussy English and the staff couldn't be any nicer. Our room was a little small but immaculate and we loved the rain shower head in the bath. We had an excellent dinner our first night and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate with choices of hot dishes available. We would definitely stay there again. Travelers from Amelia Island, FL"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

Wonderful hotel!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"We had a wonderful stay at the Milestone Hotel from Aug 23 - 26, 2006. The management staff would greet us by name and stop and chat with us during breakfast or while we were relaxing in the lounge with afternoon drinks. The concierge helped us with tourist venue reservations and also with wonderful dinner reservations at neighborhood restaurants and also at the hotel restaurant. He also helped by email prior to our travels. The head butler is a charming man who is extremely proud of the hotel and is a very good hospitality ambassador! He took us on a tour of the hotel which we enjoyed. Our room was very quiet and off the main street and tastefully decorated in a French toile motif. We had 2 large chairs to read the daily paper that was delivered to us and to relax in also, The bed was sooo comfortable and heavenly after a day of travels from Arizona. We knew that our room couldn't possibly be ready upon arrival from Heathrow Airport at 8 am but it was ready by 10 am! While waiting we enjoyed complementary tea and coffee in the lounge. Our hotel rate included breakfast and we had a delicious and hearty meal to start off our day. The hotel is across the street from Kensington Palace and walking distance to stores such as Harrods (very disappointing since our last visit in 2000) and many designer boutiques. There is a small desk near the fitness center to access email. My husband's only complaint was the limited television channel selection, but, as I see it, we were on vacation from tv and the remote control! :-) We will definitely stay at the Milestone Hotel again!"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Milestone exceeds our expectations in every way!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We had a fantastic stay at the Milestone, and would recommend the hotel to anyone.
It is a very charming small hotel, well located within a few minute walk to the High Street - Kensington tube station, where you have access to all of London on their wonderfully convenient Subway system.
There is also plenty of shopping, and pubs for dining and nightlife within easy walking distance.
Rooms are on the smaller side (which can be expected for London), so I recommend reserving one category higher than you would usually be comfortable in. However they are appointed with every possible modern luxury and convenience, you will not be disappointed. They are richly decorated, with wall hangings, comfortable furniture and beds. But the best part of staying at the Milestone is the service. We have stayed at many upscale hotels including Four Seasons, and Ritz-Carlton, and the Milestone equals if not exceeds their standards in every way. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted at the front of the hotel by the door man who immediately summoned someone to take our bags. Then the very charming Butler Terry showed us to the front desk for a friendly and efficient check in. He then took us on a personal tour of the hotel, explaining the historic, and current use of every part of the hotel. He was exceptionally good with our 10 year old son. The entire staff were always friendly and we felt that the smiles and kind words in passing were genuine and sincere. The hotel also has a fitness centre with a small (but very refreshing) resistance pool, which was nice to spend a few minutes relaxing in after returning from a hot day out and about. The free internet access was also a very nice touch, even providing a computer terminal for those of us who do not travel with a lap top. Breakfast was included in our rate, and was very nice, however we would probably have eaten elsewhere due to the cost, had it not been included.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay and will certainly return to the Milestone next time we are in London."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

So comfortable!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"15th July, 2006

This is the third visit to this hotel in Kensington which we have found to have excellent service, lovely staff and beautiful rooms.
Right in front of Kensington Gardens, you have plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants in walking distance but are only 10 mins away from the West End. Every room I have seen (total of 5) are all differently but individually decorated and include all the essentials even down to stationery items in the desk. We have stayed in many hotels in London (including Claridges and Blakes) but this is our favourite."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of July 2006

Charming Hotel with Great Service

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Our family enjoyed this hotel and its wonderful ambience. Although one of our original rooms was too small and inconsistent with the description, the front desk worked with us to move us to a larger room for a supplemental charge. Terry, the butler, was especially charming. Full English breakfasts were very good, and dinner was excellent. The concierge was extremely accomodating. We appreciated the free internet access. Sometimes the doorman has to work hard to hail a taxi so allow plenty of time before the theatre or dinner out."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

Wonderful place to stay!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Milestone in June while we were en route to Dover for a cruise to the Baltic. We had stayed at the Milestone a few times before and always loved it. We booked a de luxe room with king bed.

The night before we left home for London I had a message on my machine to ring the front desk at the Milestone. I was worried that something had gone wrong with our reservation! I talked to the Duty Manager who told me that our room's AC was not working (and London is hot this summer!) so he asked if we would mind down grading to a room with efficient AC. He added that this would be for one night only, and then, as compensation we would be moved to a suite. Well, what could I say! In fact the room we were put in for the first night was lovely, if a little small. The AC did indeed work well. The room was on the Kensington Court side and very quiet.

The next day we were out all day and the staff moved our things to the suite - which was newly re-decorated and quite magnificent. It had a great view of the park and Kensington Palace. However since the windows were doubled glazed there was no traffic noise. We didn't eat at the hotel on this stay, except for breakfast. In the past we have eaten at Cheniston's restaurant which is lovely. The breakfasts were excellent and nicely served. We did have tea in the lounge (but only tea, not the full works of sandwiches and cakes which we saw some people tucking into!)

One thing that pleased me enormously was the free internet access provided at a computer next to the spa. I am still amazed that they took the trouble to call me (in Switzerland) to tell me that my room choice had been changed. AND that the room rate for the two nights was the rate for the lower grade room, even when we were in the suite. I had assumed that the second night we would be charged for the de luxe room, but we weren't.

I love the way this hotel is run, and I also really like the neighbourhood. It is nice to have the park across the street, and the tube station is close by as well."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Hotels near The Milestone Hotel

Stayed at The Milestone Hotel? Share your insight.

The Milestone Hotel is also called