Good

We booked this hotel as a "top secret ho...

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2007

"We booked this hotel as a "top secret hotel" on another website and did not know where we were staying until we had booked.

To say that we were not disappointed is an understatement!

We were made so welcome from the moment we stepped out of our taxi. We had booked a triple room for ourselves and our six year old daughter and it was WONDERFUL!

The room was enormous with a king-size bed and a single for our child. Even with two beds in the room there was lots of space. We had a mirrored dressing room and a HUGE bathroom.

The room was immaculately clean as was the bathroom and the towelling robes and slippers were a welcome touch after a busy day sightseeing.

The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was surprisingly quiet at night.

I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to anyone...in fact it would be my first choice every time when visiting London!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of November 2007

Best so far in London

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Stayed twice in this hotel and so far this is the best in London. Pricey (what isn't in London?), but a lot of amenities included, so value for money not bad. Good West End location, thought not the most central. Good size, comfortable rooms. Good service. Definitely a good choice if you can negotiate a price."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of January 2006

Beautiful hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Langham for New Years Eve with my boyfriend, and had a really wonderful time. Check in was smooth and moved quickly. We chose an executive room which had a king size bed and a marble bathroom. It was beautifully decorated and as homely as a hotel room could ever be! We thought the morning paper and offer to turn our bed down was a nice touch (although I imagine that is almost expected, but 5* hotels are a treat for me!!) We were also provided with bathrobes and the biggest pair of slippers I've ever seen in my life! Everything was lovely and clean, my only complaint being that the shower was unadjustable and too low down the wall for anyone over 5'8!

We ventured into the bar during the evening, where service was slower and less attentive than I would have liked, but unfortunately that is often an attitude I encounter as a female in her early 20's. Other than that, all the staff were pleasant and efficient, and the cocktails were great!

Although we did not eat in the restaurant, I heard reports that the food was lovely. Personally I recommend Sri Thai in Soho where the food was gorgeous and the service excellent.

I would definately return to the Langham to try out the spa and take advantage of a brilliant location, a stone's throw from Oxford Street, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Have a lovely time!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2006

good hotel, rather 4 than 5 star...

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"My friend and I stayed at Langham 10th dec- 15.dec. Good hotel, but rather 4 than 5*. Location perfect for shopping, oxford street just 2 block away, and a short walk to Covent Garden. The room and hallways need an upgrade. However we got new crisp sheets every day, although the bed was a bit too hard. The breakfast was wonderful, and the resturant had a colonial charm, with excellent food and attentive staff. I would recommend Langham if you get a good deal, but for full price it`s not worth it.

Bergen, Norway"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2006

Very pleasant stay

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"The Langham started life as a hotel in the mid-nineteenth century, then was used as studios by the BBC, before reverting back. (It has been very nicely renovated).

It is located just a couple of minutes north of Oxford Circus, so good for shoppers and central for tourists (barely a mile from Regents Park to the north, Picadilly & Trafalgar Square to the south).

I stayed one night for a conference. I found the staff excellent, without exception: pleasant, efficient, warm and helpful. The food was good, and the room was generously-sized by central London standards. I would definitely stay there again.

One gripe, charging people to use the gym when they are already paying top notch seems a bit mean..."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006

Memorable Christmas

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We just spent a lovely Christmas Holiday at The Langham Hotel London.We stayed for 11 Nights in the Langham Club floor and the additional amenities that come with the upgrade is well worth the price,considering that everything in London is sooo expensive. The Langham Club includes breakfast,afternoon cakes and sandwiches and evening hot and cold munchies with drinks as well!The room was more than a good size,very well equipped,and with a small sofa and arm chairs, and a beautiful marble bath. The staff was more than gracious and very helpful. The location is wonderful for shopping,2 blocks to Oxford St. and the Oxford St. tube as well.A nice surprise was the Christmas Stocking with the "goodies" left on our pillow on Christmas Eve! With the extra touches, quality of the rooms,and graciousness of the staff , The Langham Hotel is surely on our list for a return visit."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of January 2006

Worth every penny!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I have just returned home after staying in the hotel last night and I felt I had to write a review just to say what a lovely time myself and my partner had staying at the hotel for new years eve. I had spent a lot of time deliberating over what hotel to stay in in London and I'm 100% happy with my choice. The staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much touble. The room was beautiful. The swimming pool was also delightful. I will be reccommending the hotel to others when they are in town. We paid £175 for 1 night and it was worth every penny."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of January 2006

I'll go again

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Yeah, the rooms were a bit smallish, but clean and well appointed.
The service was terrific and the staff, multi-national and very gregarious.
The price is ok for the location, which is within a pretty easy walk of the best shopping in London. Therefore I am required to take my wife there when I return.

One thing - the cab ride to Gatwick is one and a half hours. That's 1.5. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It took us that long and it was a Sunday morning with no traffic."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of December 2005

Nice place - shame about the reception staff

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Being familar with good hotels in London, we decided to give the langham a go for a change. The hotel is very nice - elegant and central. We had a good stay, and also had entry to the club bar, with free champagne and food (Their free house champagne is Laurent Perrier - very nice too)

Our problem was with the room and the rude reception staff. We paid around £220 with VAT each for the two rooms that we had booked. Our friend's room was over twice the size of ours, and they were kept waiting until 1830 for their room, as someone was ill in it.
Our room was on the end of the corridor and the bed ended nearly where the wall began. I assumed (never assume anything!) that we would be given a discount for having the cupboard room, but the receptionist was having none of it and dealt with us in a brusque, rude manner. I am going to stick to the Sanderson and The Berkely after the service we recieved but otherwise, this is a good hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of December 2005

Great location....but

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"If you want to stay in a hotel near the shopping centre of London, the Langham is an ideal choice but.....be prepared to keep putting your hand in your pocket. Everything extra is charged for, even items that you would have received free in a hotel that calls itself 5 star and one of the 'Great Hotels of the World'. Water at your dining table will cost you extra, there are no bicuits with the coffee/tea in your room, use of the leisure facilities is an additional cost, a whisky (nothing special) and ginger is charged at about £9.00, etc., etc. On the other hand, the staff are extremely helpful, and nothing seems too much bother. The Langham is a great 4 star hotel, but certainly doesn't compare with other 'Great Hotels' such as the Claridge, Paris, or the Michelango, New York. Try it, but be aware! It may not be what you expect!"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of December 2005

Loved it

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed there for a quick work/pleasure get away to London. The rooms were nice, the staff very helpful and the gym/spa first rate. A pleasant surprise was the very high quality of the dinner we had at Memories the hotel restaurant. We were exhausted so decided to eat there instead of venturing out. We had a fantastic meal. The Langham was first rate in every respect. I would highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of December 2005