Exterior

About The Grand at Trafalgar Square

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • bottled water
  • portuguese amenities
  • hindi
  • coffee tea maker
  • hungarian amenities
  • paid private parking nearby

Good
1951 reviews

Hotel and breakfast

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"Great stay this last weekend. Refurb seems good. Room a little small but location was fantastic and price was good as well. Didn't have breakfast at hotel but sat in Trafalgar Square with Croissant and coffee from coffee bar at right top side of Trafalgar Square -- near perfect early summers day -- unbeatable."

• Travel date: 4th June 2007

Great location.

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Spent ages trying to find a reasonable priced hotel in a good location in London and eventually came up with this. Paid just under £100 a night for a double room, room was very clean and a reasonable size for London. We found the staff friendly and helpfull though we didn't have any problems for them to deal with. As remarked before it is in a great location about 100 Metres from Nelsons column, it has been refurbished in the last year so everything is clean and working. There are free ice and filtered water dispensers on each floor and also an iron and ironing board for the sort of people who feel the need to iron in a hotel. On the downside there is only two lifts that meant using the stairs was sometimes worth doing if you can't be bothered to wait around and are happy to keep fit. Also though there were a good selection of TV channels including spy Sports 1-3, the picture kept fractulating which became annoying after a while, but them I wasn't there to watch TV. The lack of food facilities at the moment isn't really an issue as there are loads of places to eat within a few hundred metres. I recommend the Thai Square restaurant. There is also a Teso extra on the corner of the road to get anything you need."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2007

Perfect location

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"I do some work for an institution that is a member of Club Quarters. It was the first time I stayed at one of their properties and I can not complain. The location is so good that I give the hotel an Excellent rating overall, although I have stayed at more elaborate hotels. Also the room rate was about £200 and I was quite pleased that didn't come out of my own pocket. The hotel is located in a grand old building, I suppose that is way it is also called "The Grand". The rooms are quite modern, though. The air conditioning is excellent and the rooms are of good size. I had only a shower in my room and there was nothing to put on the bathroom floor. As a specialty, there were some books to read in my room. There was no minibar. The breakfast was ok and inexpensive (I think 4£). Internet was free. There is no restaurant or bar yet so the breakfast was served in a lounge. There was a feeling of safety in the hotel as the clients are mostly from member organizations. The hotel should have a gym but I didn't try that out."

• Travel date: 1st June 2007

Very good for families -highly recommend

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We just returned from a 2 night stay over the May Bank Holiday weekend and were very happy with our experience. We lived in London for several years but had never quite cracked it in terms of finding a place to stay when coming back as tourists with 2 young children. Now I think we have. The location is fabulous, a half block from Trafalgar Square and across the Millenium Bridge from the South Bank and London Eye. The renovation of the hotel seems to be complete. We had a lovely room which, although billed as a one bedroom suite ,was actually just a very large single room with a comfortable king size bed and a large sofa bed which fit our 2 children. I had read a review indicating that you had to be careful to make sure that they gave you a big enough room for a family of four so I called the hotel reservations centre a few days before we arrived to confirm that the room would be big enough. If you need a family room, I would advise doing the same. We also had a kitchenette which consisted of a microwave, refrigerator (new, with the plastic wrapping still on the inside) and a sink. The hotel provides a complete set of dishes and silverware and pots and pans. We found this invaluable for bringing food back from the nearby Marks and Spencer Simply Food and heating it up ourselves. When you travel with small children you really need to have kitchen facilities. The room was quite spacious, even with the king size bed and sofa bed. The bathroom was a separate room, no bath, only shower but quite large and obviously new. Our rate did not include breakfast but with the kitchenette, it was quite easy to have our own breakfast in the room, and much more convenient with kids too. I had read the reviews indicating that the staff was unfriendly but we found everyone very helpful and any requests for service (ie to fix a light or bring up additional plates) was dealt with quickly. Also liked the fact that there was good security, key card needed in the elevator and the fact that they called to the room to confirm that they could give out a key to my husband who arrived after we did. The price was the same that we had paid for smaller rooms much less centrally located. We did request a room in the back of the hotel, off the street. It had no view but it was quiet and we weren't in the room long enough to have a view really matter. The location of the hotel leads me to doubt that there would really be any special view (ie it does not front onto Trafalgar Square but rather a road off the Square with only a view of the street, so who really cares?). All in all, a great place for families and others too. I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 29th May 2007

This hotel only opened in March 2007 and...

Reviewed 28th May 2007

"This hotel only opened in March 2007 and is still lacking a bar and a restaurant, although both he accommodations is excellent and the rooms a fair size and are very comfortable. The location of the hotel is superb! Only a one minute walk from Trafalgar Square. There is also a Tesco Metro 1 minute away which is handy for snacks etc. The price is per room and averages about £100 a night, which for a couple is excellent value for central London. Don't have breakfast at the hotel thought. At £20 a head it is not worth it and there are hundreds of other eating places within a very short walking distance. We enjoyed ourselves so much we're going again in the middle of June for another couple of days. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: 28th May 2007

The good, the bad, and the confusing

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We stayed at The Grand at Trafalgar Square (also known as Club Quarters) in mid-April, 2007, for about a week. For the price and location it can’t be beat. The central London location is the best thing about this hotel. The rooms were spacious, with tall ceilings. The bathroom and closet were obviously added into the rooms with the remodel. They didn’t reach to the high ceiling, and the bathroom would get pretty steamy, with no fan. There were a total of 4 elevators, and they were pretty modern, but you had to use your key card to get to the other floors. We found it easier just to take the stairs most of the time. They have a free laundry (one washer, one dryer), on the 3rd floor. The instructions on the machine were strange though, since they didn’t have the standard washing cycles. The timer seemed to be off, too, since I came back to the machine before it was to have finished, only to find someone had already removed by laundry and put it in the dryer. Whatever. The LCD TVs are nice, but the satellite signal was troublesome. The channels we watched would freeze the picture every 20 seconds or so, making it difficult to watch for any length of time. Each floor had a chilled purified water dispenser, with little plastic bottles to fill. The caps aren’t watertight, so don’t plan on putting the bottles anywhere where they might tip over. There was a “guest supply closet” on each floor, with extra towels, toilet paper, etc., but they were always mostly empty when we needed supplies. Oh well. Other good stuff: Washcloths are included! There is free wireless internet. It’s really close to multiple tube/rail stations. The queen beds were a good size, and they had books about London in the room, as well as in the sitting areas on other floor. Other bad stuff: Housekeeping didn’t always give us toilet paper or towels, the toilets have to be flushed many, many times. Even a Kleenex sometimes wouldn’t flush until after a few tries. Go figure. The front desk was usually pretty slow to respond to requests – in the evenings they seem to have minimal staff. Although we did get a quick response once out of about four calls. The continental breakfast is very expensive, but OK (croissants, granola, cereal, fruit, and salami and cheese). A lot of the restaurants nearby aren’t open before 10am, so good luck finding another breakfast place. They were doing construction on the street at night, so occasionally there would be this rhythmic booming sound, but it was somewhat distant, and not too difficult to ignore. And the stuff we couldn’t figure out: There was a weird knob on the lightswitch that didn’t seem to control anything, and there were no “do not disturb” placards to hang on the doorknob. I don’t know if this is a british thing, but it’s the first time I’ve stayed in a hotel that didn’t have any."

• Travel date: 20th May 2007

Perfectly located,recently refurbished

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"This hotel is perfectly located just off Trafalgar Square. It's as grand inside as it is on the outside. It had very recently been refurbished and we could still smell the paint! (but not a put-off whatsoever). I booked through booking.com, and thought it was excellent value. Our room was spacious, light and airy, with a lovely big bed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, with its convenient location and perfect rooms, you can't go wrong."

• Travel date: 20th May 2007

A pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"I stayed here for one night whilst in town for a business do. I was really pleasantly surprised! My room was really big and with the rate from Expedia, this place offered a really good value for money. As this is a newly refurbished hotel (still being done up), the decor was brand new and everything worked perfectly. There was a large desk in the room, kitchen corner, big wardrobe and a sofa. The TV was a brand new flat screen one. In terms of style, not a designer or boutique hotel, definitely more like a Hilton or Starwood... The staff were fine, didn't experience any problems at all. I couldn't get a taxi so they got the hotel car to take me out. This was a good service too; a big private car with a chauffeur! I really enjoyed my stay. There were no bar/restaurant facilities which was a shame. These are still to come and I think everything should be up and running soon. I can recommend this place for sure and will check it out again if I need a hotel in London. I would stay again!"

• Travel date: 13th May 2007

Wonderful Hotel!!! Would Highly Recommend

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"First time visit to London and could not have been happier with this hotel! The location was to die for. A few steps down the street and you were right in Trafalgar Square. This hotel is right in the heart of Westminister and we were able to walk to the Thames river, Buckingham Palace, Theatre District, National Gallery, Picadilly Circus and London Eye. There are two underground stations nearby (Charring Cross and Embankment). We actually found that the Embankment station was the closest to the hotel. Walking down Northumberland Ave. (away from Trafagar Square) near the Embankment station are two boats that have been turned into restaurants/bars, where you can sit out on the deck and overlook the London Eye and Big Ben and sip a glass of wine or champagne. Very nice! Besides a great location, the room was top notch. Modern decor, nice linens, flat screen t.v., shower only in bathroom (but we didn't mind), and free internet access. Front desk staff was friendly, check-in was a breeze (they now have touch screen monitors for easy check-in), serve-yourself purified water and supply cabinets (with extra pillows, shower gel, etc.) on each floor. I would highly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers!"

• Travel date: 5th May 2007

Nice Hotel, Great Location

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"This is a lovely hotel, nice old building and big rooms but can be noisy if you are over looking the road (Northumbeland Avenue) as it is right opposite the bus stop but just request inside room or take earplugs!. This is a 1 minute walk from Trafalgar Square and about 10 mins to Covent Garden. 2 mins from nearest tube which is embankment. We were going to Phantom at the theatre and it is a 5 min walk. Double room was very spacious (think disabled facilities) and very clean and modern. Reception very polite and you can leave your luggage for £1. Would stay again."

• Travel date: 16th April 2007

Will Be Better When Fully Finished

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel during Easter. The Location is great about 1 minute walk to trafalger square. The nearest tube station is Charing cross which is about a five minute walk. This is a very modern hotel and i would think that this will become a very popular hotel over the next few months. the rooms were very nice with all the amenities you need. Eg television, tea and coffee, shower and king size bed. There was no bath in our room only a shower but that didnt bother us. Wasnt much information in the rooms about the hotel only an a4 sheet of paper telling you when other things will be open. There is no bar or resturant at the moment and these are due to open in August. If you will be staying there soon then garfunkles is next door and there is a pub just opposite. The cleaner didnt try to clean our room until about three in the afternoon which was too late for us as we was getting ready to go out for the night then. All in all its not a bad hotel. i would imagine that when this new hotel is fully open it will be alot better so we will be waiting until its fully open before we visit again."

• Travel date: 8th April 2007

Hotels near The Grand at Trafalgar Square

The Grand at Trafalgar Square is also called

• Grand Hotel at Trafalgar Square
  • grand at trafalgar square london
  • grand at trafalgar square hotel