The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

Special occasions night stay

Reviewed a year ago

"This has been the most unpleasant stay I ever had , we arrived to check in to be told that the price we booked was not going to be hounored and we had to in fact pay more . We complaint and how that was handled was even worse . We have spent thousands of pounds in the last few weeks here bringing business conferences and business meeting to this location . After this , we will take the business elsewhere . The customer service manager was utterly incompetent as we got to speak to several people who frankly didn’t care . My husband bday was ruined and we will never come back here !"

• Travel date: 1st December 2018

No London morning is quite the same as i...

Reviewed 6th May 2006

"No London morning is quite the same as it is when you wake in the luxurious comfort of your own Conrad suite. This hotel is all-suite. Bedroom-Living room-and even a private balcony as standard. Marina view and river view rooms are available at a small supplement and are well worth the money. This hotel is popular with the 'it' crowd, so be ready with your autograph book!"

• Travel date: 6th May 2006

Continued Greatness

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"I have stayed at the Conrad over well over 20 times now in the past few years when visiting London, I have also left a few reviews on here and feel obliged to do so again after my last visit, this hotel hasn't let me down once in all of those times, i am slightly biased as the service i recieve has a established HH member is always that little bit better, however service aside the rooms are always fantastic, quiet, clean, spacious, comfortable and with great views, you'll be looking hard to find a bad room in this hotel, the penthouses are very large and very extravagent, however the standard rooms are so good that i couldn't give a good argument as to why one or two people staying would need to upgrade, unless you are Bono. Yes it is out of the way, and yes the food/bar is pricey, but remember, it's too far to walk and too expensive for rif raf and tourists to go for a snoop around, privacy and comfort is what you pay for and get in abundance at this hotel. With respect to other reviews, mentioning no tube station and poor bathroom condition, a new station is proposed within a minutes walk of the hotel and is awaiting approval, and Fullham Broadway is a 10 min walk or £3 taxi ride. And if you want to see what a grubby shower really looks like check out the Sheraton on Park Lane."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2006

a little secluded, but worth the distance

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"My 2 teenagers and I stayed at one of the suites of the Conrad. I have to say it was one of the most comfortable and luxurious accomodations I have ever been in. My son stayed in the front room and enjoyed the television and 1/2 bath all to himself whereas my daughter and I stayed in the bedroom with twin beds. Our room faced the Marina and it was so relaxing to look out and see the view everytime I stepped into the room. On the Second floor of the hotel in the business center, I was able to use the internet, free of charge, hence checked my e-mails and connected with my husband daily. My kids were so impressed with the room that we had room service several times during our 7 days stay. If money is not an issue, this is definitely the hotel to stay in."

• Travel date: 13th December 2005

A great hotel, but very secluded

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"We've stayed at the Conrad over several Christmases and had a wonderful time every time. It's a wonderful hotel for families, since rooms are all suites, and quite comfortable. Harbour views are spectacular. Staff has always been accomodating, especially those working on the holidays. We spent an Xmas day there and my son, then 10, was given a special gift of a teddy bear from Harrods. We were given champagne, chocolates and a lovely silver pen. there was also a special cocktail reception in the bar with free canapes and champagne. Health club is certainly European: but no one should ever expect the Sports Club in Europe. A pool is a rarity and this one was lovely. It's biggest drawback is the location: we took cabs everywhere, which easily added 50-70 pounds on each days stay: it's not an easy place to go back to for a quick rest or change. If it were more centrally located, I'd never stay anywhere else. We've switched to Claridges in recent years because it's more centrally located."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2005

Hotel Nice but breakfast highway robbery

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"After a long trans-alantic flight we found the hotle with no problem. We arrived around 10:00 am, the front desk staff had trouble find our reservations, good thing I had my confirmation number with me. Since it was early our room was not ready, Birttiany (who was wounderful) indicated that she had a second floor room, but it due to the workmen it was very noisy or we could have a 7th floor room overlooking the shops. We choose the 7th floor room, Bittiany called housekeeping and put a rush on getting our room ready. First problem - we sat down to wait in the lobby after a few minutes I went back up the the front desk to ask if there was any place to get a cup of coffee and a light brakfast. The gentleman indicated that since we were waiting on our room we could enjoy brunch in the dinning room. I had a cup of coffee and glass of jusice and a piece of toast, my husband had a glass of juice, a scoop of runny eggs, a piece of bacon. We recieved a bill in the mail when we got home for $60 for a horrible breakfast. After waiting ~ a hour for our room my husband went back to the front desk to check on our room, the young girl indicated that we did not have a reservation and that our room was not being prepared. Once again I had to go back with my confirmation number and even give her the room number that we had been assigned before she could locate our reservations. Once Brittiany was back at the fron desk everything went fine, she even took us to our room to make sure everything was fine and even brought ice back to our room. The Bellhop to get our luggage was very slow. Room itself was very nice, bathroom was good, very clean, bed was big (great pillows!) and the sitting room was wounderful. Second problem - Since a rush was put on cleaning the room the mini bar was not restocked from the previous guest - you guessed it I recieved another bill in the mail for $40 in mini bar expenses that I never used. We call and complained regarding the breakfast and mini bar expenses. The hotel did credit us for the mini bar but have not done so for the breakfast. Proximity to anything is its worst feature, nearest tube... there isn't. The C3 bus stops outside but takes forever to get anywhere. Kings road is quite a walk, bits worth seeing are a long walk. We bought a three day travel pass which saved us alot of money. It was still difficult to get around and we found the bus drivers to be rude and unhelpful. The concierge was of no help when we asked about sightseeing in London or where to eat. Lots Road Pub right down the street did have wounderful food, but here is another hidden gem. 666 jazz cafe, it is located at 666 Lots road (just down from Lot Road Pub). This Jazz cafe is located in the basement and provides live music and wounderful food at fairly reasonable prices."

• Travel date: 25th September 2005

Nice hotel, shame about the staff

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"A previous reviewer was correct about the photos. Unless you have a harbour view room the views are basically awful. I overlooked onto a terrace that was in the middle of being retiled. It amused me to see that they have a table and chairs out there but who wants to see workmen bending over and yelling at eachother? Even if the place was re-tiled the view was an office block. The reception staff are the most incompetent, unfriendly people I have ever met in my life. It is disgusting that such people even work in the hospitality industry. We did not even get a smile from the receptionist even when we said hello. Waited 1 hour for a room even though it was past check in time with no apology. The concierge lost my bags and I can't even believe I went into the bar at over £5 for bottled beer and don't even get me started on the prices for a salad. I actually hope that the hotel reads trip advisor so that they can see just how wrong they were in employing their reception staff. I was very close to asking one of them just why she was working in this industry when she could not even provide a smile to guests paying over £200 a night. Bedrooms are great though. Housekeeping are very good and the rooms are spotless. We had a large suite with two bathrooms and good sixed lounge. The pillows are amazing and the bed is the most comfortable one I have ever found in a hotel. Be aware that there are no tube stations nearby and you will pay £28 for Kings Cross. I would stay here again as the rooms are very nice BUT I won't hold back my thoughts on the reception staff if they have not changed their attitudes! Management should be aware of this."

• Travel date: 31st August 2005

Dont bother

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Directions to the hotel were fine, found it no problem, rolled up at the entrance and was ignored by a rather scruffy doorman who finally finished his conversation and took my car away. Hotel is in a nice position over looking the marina and the bar and restaurant are very nice on a sunny day. However... the view they don't show you on the web site is the one we had from our room of waste lands, building sites and worst of all a very close and noisy railway line! If you stop here make sure you get a harbour view because the rest stinks. Room itself was very nice, bathroom was good, very clean, bed was big (great pillows!) Well styled but not exactly... no expense spared. Proximity to anything is its worst feature, taxi to trafalgar square is £15-£20 each way, nearest tube... there isn't. Bus stops outside but takes forever to get anywhere. OK the Kings road is very close but the Kings road is very long and the bits worth seeing are a long walk. Continental breakfast is rubbish, OJ and toast is about it, have had a lot better in much lower class establishments. Watch out for the extras £24 per day car parking, mini bar resembled Dick Turpin... £3 for a bag of crisps! My advise, spend the £35 a day taxi fare on something in the centre with a bit of class."

• Travel date: 26th August 2005

Mixed Bag

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"When I checked in for my reservation of a Marina view suite I was allocated a 2nd floor room which is level with the roof of the public area. It was not a good location and there were workmen re-tiling the roof outside my balcony. I asked for another room and was told nothing was available. I said that we would not be able to stay and was promptly allocated an excellent Marina view suite on the seventh floor!! Due to the bad report of an earlier reviewer (the one with the photos of the bathroom), I had to check this out. The sealing around the shower heads and everywhere else in the bathrooms of both rooms had all been recently replaced, so I can only assume the management must read Trip Advisor!! My room was a large King suite with a very calming view of the Thames and the marina. It is most unlike any other location in London and I did enjoy the views from the balcony...It was a great spot to entertain friends. The down side is that it is isolated and taxis are mandatory. In summer you can walk to the cafes on Kings Road and a little futher to Fulham road, but this is not the place to stay if you want to be in the heart of the action. Three major complaints...The broadband internet connection is far too expensive at GBP24 per day. It is also very unstable and slow. I would agree with the previous reviewer that the cheap Akai TV's are from another era. They are not want you expect in a five star property. The other issue is the gym, which was a major disappointment. It seems to be an afterthought with the cardio and weights rooms tucked away on different levels. The equipment is old and tired and there is too much jammed into the cardio room. There is only one television and no personal controls or headphones. The gym is NOT suitable for a five star hotel. So in summary, if you are looking for a unique location on the river and some serious space in a suite, the Conrad is great. However, you will pay top dollar for an inferior Internet connection and have access to one of the worst gyms I have encountered in a five star hotel."

• Travel date: 20th August 2005

Can't wait to go to this hotel again. Goldilocks found her perfect room.

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We were booked into this hotel because it was the only Hilton left this summer where we could use HHpoints and we didn't know what to expect. Well, Goldilocks found her perfect room: sunny in the day, dark and quiet at night, sheets like butter, comfy, but firm beds. Marble bathroom with great water pressure. A separate living room with fold -out bed for son and another television. Both televisions had many channels. What more could you want after sightseeing for hours? I have never stayed in such a quiet, pleasing hotel. After our free nights we stayed on for another 2 nights because we loved it so much. We stayed 4 nights at another London hotel at the very beginning of our trip that was an older boutique hotel with lots of old London charm, but I'd trade the charm for the quiet room and nice sunlight of the Conrad. The staff were so helpful and friendly and happy I wondered if they all just got raises in their paychecks. My children LOVED the indoor swimming pool and we spent hours there after several days of sightseeing. The food in the restaurant was decent, but overpriced, although the service was impeccable. (Desserts were the best course). Only downside: far from underground (20 min. walk) and far from shops, stores, markets. There is a pub at the corner which won a gastronic award and had wonderful food. However, they were so understaffed, had few tables, and closed to the public for one night due to a private party. We had to literally beg to get any table and the service was slow. However, it was the only food around for dinner outside of the hotel. If you don't mind begging to get in and a long wait for your food and in between coursed, the food there is actually good. There was a sandwich shop in the morning just down from the pub and they couldn't have been more accomodating and less precious than the pub. When we go to London we WILL stay in this hotel, regardless of where in London we will sightsee. We can't wait to go back. We have stayed in 4 star hotels all around the world and even though it doesn't have the charm of the older London hotels, the Conrad is just right for this Goldilocks in search of the perfect room."

• Travel date: 16th August 2005

Beautiful Stay

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Well, what can I say? We have been sent there by a businness partner for the night.. from the moment we entered the hotel, they make us feel like at home.. quick check in, very beautiful and spacious rooms (two bathroos, a living room with a big tv, a wonderfull bed).. The service was ok, nothing to complain.. the bar was perfect to drink something in the night, with a lot of exellent wines.. Can I find something not perfect?? Yes.. the position in the city.. very quite but it is always a long taxi drive to go anywhere in London.. But.. if you have time and money, choose this hotel and you'll not be disapponted!"

• Travel date: 27th July 2005

Out of the way luxurious Hotel

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"Conrad London is an all-suite hotel. So, if you like big rooms or suites, Conrad is great. I like the rooms, but I agree with the earlier writer than the TV could have been better. The location is at Chelsea Harbour and is quite a distance from the city center. You need to take a bus (C3) to Earls Court, or if you are in the mood for walking (20 minutes), the nearest tube station is at Fulham Broadway, which is under Zone 2. Overall, it takes around 20-30 minutes to get to the central area. Buying the travel card would be useful. A taxi ride to Waterloo International costs around STG18. If you come with a family and appreciate the size, don't make too frequent trips back and from the hotel, this hotel is fine. If you're alone, and want to be at the centre of the happening places, then other hotels that are more centrally located (which tends to have smaller rooms), might be better."

• Travel date: 5th July 2005