Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street

About Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street

A Great London choice

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Near to Tottenham Court Road Subway Station. 100 m to British Museum.
50 m to Oxford Street.
Great continental breackfast."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of May 2009

Everything that you want but don't expect from a London Hotel

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Arrived at 11.00 to be welcomed & told my room was ready, not what I'm used to. Staff extremely polite & efficient. Everything in Hotel is brand new & it shows. Breakfast was one of the best I have had, all hot & fresh, eggs cooked to order & correctly (again a welcome change)
Location is ideal, 2 mins from Tottenham Court Road Tube. If you are in London, it is worth paying for a quality hotel & in this caser, that is exactly what you get!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of April 2009

Too bad about the service

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"Nice hotel. Great location. Nothing quite works. We stayed here for 8 nights... room upgrade gave us an extra long hallway to the bed room, and we had to ask for everything. Case in point(s): coffee is provided on first day, but you have to haggle for it after that, business centre consists of two old (er) PCs on a shelf, no printing, the internet in the room works if you wander around and get a signal and it constantly shuts out, and room cleaning consists of NOT cleaning any of the glasses/cups one uses but making the bed, and finally, if you order room service, be prepared to wait for it to come from YORKSHIRE. That said, bathroom was a really nice size and the gym was very much usable. Concierge decidedly absent."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of April 2009

Very very comfortable, beautifully refurbished, in great location

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"The Radisoon Bloomsbury was an excellent hotel in London. It has been beautifully refurbished, the rooms are gorgeous, the staff are attentive and breakfast is lovely. Very close to the theatre district so take a show in while you stay there!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of April 2009

Friendly, comfortable and convenient

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"The hotel is situated a slight walk away from Tottenham Court Road, and although difficult to find initially, the staff are welcoming and pleasant. I have stayed here on two different occasions, once booking a Queen Suite, and once being offered an upgrade to a Kings Suite. Both visits were extremely friendly, reception and room service staff were delightful and offered advice on surrounding areas, as were management who were quick to help with any problems.
For people travelling with partners, the rooms are ideal and cosy, quiet and comfortable. The hotel becomes an ideal break from the hectic city life, and yet everything remains at a close distance if needed."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of April 2009

Solid comfort.

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Emerging from its major refurbishment, Radisson's fresh Bloomsbury Street Hotel (former Marlborough) offers comfortable accommodation, great breakfasts, a fine restaurant, attentive and courteous staff, in a convenient central London location. Size, comfort, work area, and storage space of individual rooms varies."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of April 2009

very welcoming hotel with excellent positions and value for money

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed for few weeks in this hotel. The young staff was just incredibly welcoming and helpfull (special thank to Monika from the front desk helping me out with many issues I faced during my long term stay in this hotel). Beside that the hotel is just 2 minutes walk from Oxford Streed. I definately recomend this place."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of March 2009

Great experience

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"One of the best city centre hotels I have ever stayed in. I have never stayed in London before but have travelled to many European and North American cities. The room was not the biggest, but was very good. Tastefully decorated and furnished and had everything needed for a short city break, iron, hairdrier, mirrors in useful places, good lighting etc. The bathroom also was excellent, good shower and plenty of room for toiletries. Location also was great for theatre, transport and places of interest. Picked for proximity to Royal Opera House. Staff friendly and helpful.
Would use this hotel again and would recommend without hesitation."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2009

Excellent hotel in perfect location

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip to London to see a show and we were not dissapointed. The hotel is easily found if you travel to Tottenham Court Road tube station and perfectly located for Theatreland - 5-10mins to Shaftesbury Ave. We arrived early but booking in was not a problem - room was very nice if not a little small but it had everything that was needed and you could tell it had recently been refurbished. We ate in the hotel that evening and had a very reasonably priced meal - they even ensured that we were served quickly to ensure we got out in plently of time for the show. The only slight problem was we made a reservation in advance and they had no record of this - however it was not a problem and they got us a table very quickly. All in all an excellent hotel in a great location for a very reasonable price. Will definately stay again!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2009

Great Location - Wonderful Accomodations

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"This was my first trip to London and my first encounter with European hotels (room-size!)
I traveled there with my 15 year old son and we requested a twin room. We were not offered any upgrades at arrival - but that was OK. We were granted early check-in which was great. After flying all night, riding the tube from Heathrow, and then walking from the station, we needed to just rest for an hour or two. The room was small, but very nice. The beds were nice and firm. My son did not like his pillow - for some reason he got a down pillow and the feathers kept poking him in the face. The bathroom was lovely! No problem with the water pressure at all.
We opted to include breakfast with our room - and that was a good decision. Never had to wait and the staff were very pleasant. You could choose from the buffet or special order if you wished. Good supply of fruit, cereal, etc. We had room service 2 evenings and the food was delicious. I do wish though that they would have larger size sodas and use more ice!
The hotel is in a great location. One block from the British Museum, 10 minutes from Covent Garden, 5-10 minutes from Soho. Lots of restaurants and shops around. The stop for the double-decker tour bus is right down the street.
The staff were all very friendly. Gary, the concierge, was extremely helpful with information about tours, where to exchange money, and just general information.
There must have been some construction going on - because we were woken every morning by banging and drilling. Good thing that we are early risers. Our room overlooked an apartment building - so no street noise. But, not much of a view. We most likely could have switched rooms - but I didn't see the point.
The hotel has a "business center" - 2 computers in an alcove; but, they were easily accessible. Wireless internet is free at the hotel - which is a plus. Many other hotels charge around 20 pounds a day.
Overall, a wonderful hotel and I would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of March 2009