Twin Room

Good

We left in disgust after half an hour!

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Nothing like Expedia describes it. It looks like the hotel has been abandoned! The alarm bells rang when, upon arrival, the first thing we saw was the list of travel companies numbers on the reception desk. The second was the receptionist - he was wearing a stained waistcoat with buttons missing. The lift made shocking noises so we struggled up several flights of narrow stairs instead, weaving through piles of dirty sheets as the rooms were being serviced (not a washing hamper in sight!). Our tiny room was just about big enough for the double bed. The drawers were full of filth, hair and wot-nots, the wardrobe stank and the walls were smeared with - well - I don't think I want to know! The bed was badly made with no basics like a mattress protector or a bedspread. It had a couple of stained sheets which were just about big enough for a single bed and a scruffy wool blanket. The pillows were stinking and stained, the padded headboard was spotted with mildew. The lights, carpet and curtains were spattered with white paint and the upholstry sported a peppering of cigarette burns and yet more stains. The rroms was on the 2nd/3rd floor yet the window (which opened out from the bottom) had no restrictors so you could open it right up and easily fall out of. The horrors were yet to follow....... We went into the bathroom to find the loo lid and seat up. There, along the rim, was DRIED WEE STAINS!!!! There was limescale caked everywhere. The shower door had crusty deposits of rust, limescale and dirt. I wouldn't have let my cat sleep in that room. It was absolute squallor! Not only was it a health hazard but a safety risk as well. Save your money and pay for something a bit nicer. We've made a complaint to Expedia - don't be a 'put-up-and-shut-up' person like too many others are."

• Travel date: 19th January 2006

fair enough

Good
Reviewed 21st December 2012

"A couple who stayed 2 nights. The room wasn't very big, but we were out most of the time. The heating was very discreet. Otherwise the staff was cheerful and kind. They let us in despite arriving 45 minutes in advance. It's very close to Kensington park and via bus it's only 10 minutes from Oxford street. Got a good bargin at 65 € a night without breakfast. Wouldn't mind going back."

• Travel date: 11th January 2006

oh my god

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"After reading the awful reviews on here still went with an open mind thinking that you can't please everyone. - we were 2 couples with 2 double rooms but were actually given 1 double and a room with 3 single beds ! myself and husband got the worse deal in the double which was extreemly small with the bed shoved in the corner, dirty,freezing cold, , wet towels in bathroom (before we used them), no plug for sink, wallpaper hanging off walls - need i go on?? Had there of actually been a bar in the hotel i would of gladly sat up and drunk all night just so that i didn't have to go back to my room !!! not sure where any of the photos on their website were took - prehaps in another hotel as it wasnt this one ! I would not reccomend this hotel to my worse enemy !!!!"

• Travel date: 11th December 2005

Don't believe the hotel attractions

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Only staff try to help. Hotel!! I can't give any star. No looby, no bar... If you stay single they give really a single bed and room, not possible to move. Please think 2 times."

• Travel date: 5th December 2005

Nightmare! Dont Do It!

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"So I'm the traveller who looks for hotel bargain on the net. I booked this hotel online, and then checked this site for reviews. I soon realized that I had made a disasterous mistake and that I should cancel my reservation. Out of sheer stupidity, I figured I would give it chance anyways...How bad could it be? I walked into the hotel up to the desk. The lady behind the counter was very hesitant about my reservation "Oh, um, yes. Ahem. Your name again please" I became very suspicious. After waiting 30 minutes at the desk, she pre-authorized my visa for any damages that might be caused to the room. Then 2 minutes later, a man behind the desk told me that my reservation was cancelled because, "some of the rooms were flooded". What a nightmare. Pretty sure that this hotel would function better if it was operated by a penguin. All of the tripadvisor comments that I previously wanted to ignore were immediately validated. I think that there was smoke coming from my ears. They deleted my pre-authorization from the visa - upon my request. They initially just wrote 'cancelled' on my first slip in blue pen - how the heck does that cancel it?!? They said that we were being re-directed to a nice little hotel a few blocks away and that they would pay for the taxi. Nice enough. But I was still angry. Re-directed to the bayswater hotel - HORRIBLE. The rude french lady at the reception desk stuck us in 1 of the 2 rooms they had in the basement. The basement. Perfect. My room was right next to the boiler room. All night there was an extremely loud, rapid, "thud thud thud", going at least 120 beats per minute. I asked the lady to come down and listen to the noise and asked if my room could be changed. She told me no, as all of their rooms were booked. All of them? On a Wednesday night? Bull. In the morning, the manager refused to speak with me and the french lady told me to take it up with the Queens Park Hotel. Moral of the Story: pay a few extra pounds and STAY AT THE HILTON"

• Travel date: 21st November 2005

Avoid this place!

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"I had made my reservations very early and also paid my 3 nights stay at this hotel. AFTER signing in I was informed that hotel was fully booked and we were relocated to another hotel 2 kms away. This other hotel, Guest House, was the worst place I have ever been. For two mornings we had to go to Queens park for brekfast. Later I noticed that customers who hadn't paid in advance got rooms from Queens Park with no problems. All few quests I met at the other hotel were pre-paying customers originally from Queens Park Hotel. Ok, for the last night we were able to move in to the original hotel but it really wasn't worth the while since the room was so small and dirty that we coudn't stay there at all. Manager who obviosly had had complaints like this lots before refused to give any compensation for the relocation and all the trouble. Really a holiday spoiler. Only for people who are seeking for extreme experiencies."

• Travel date: 4th November 2005

nightmare hotel

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"dreadfull,pensioner group lifts broken,no bar no restaurant,dirty shoddy room,not at all how it is described"

• Travel date: 18th October 2005

Hotel from Hell

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"After walking through the peeling front door into the foyer that smelt like an ash tray, I was asked for my credit card number in case I damaged the room! After declining to give this and sorting out our booking which they had got all wrong, we dragged the cases into the mini lift which was soon to join it's twin in being 'out of order'. The room was a filthy cupboard with a put me up type bed pushed up against a peeling wall. Lumpy pillows and a dirty bed cover disguised a mattress with springs pushing out. Holes in the curtains and threadbare towels completed this bijou little room. The television was near the ceiling and impossible to watch unless you lay flat out on the bed with your back against the wall. The bathroom was tiny but clean. The shower was simply a mixer tap which ran between scalding and ice cold and was far too dangerous to use. Please take care with this one especially anyone with chidren. Breakfast was awful and don't be tempted by the fruit juice which is cordial. The English breakfast made me ashamed to be English and Lord knows what overseas visitors made of it. The continental one was totally uninspiring and you would have thought that they could have heated the rolls properly. This hotel is to be avoided at all cost. I have never fortunately had to live in a hostel for the homeless but his hotel could have been one. Only good point was it's position and just around the corner is the best Chinese restaurant in London ----------The Royal China."

• Travel date: 4th October 2005

Queen should not be in the name of this hotel. There's nothin royal about it

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights and i have to say that everything that has been said about this hotel on this website is very TRUE. I will definitively not recommend for someone to stay at this hotel if the purpose of the trip is to spend time in the room and visit sites. It is purely for the traveler looking for a place to sleep and shower. additionally, three nights should be the max..the wall paper, carpet and the bed are not worth seeing more than three nights!! ... and oh yes, the bath is so small that i could sit down on the toilet and fully brush my teeth at the same! I give this dump two stars because of the great location with easy access to the Bayswater (circle line) tube station and vibrant neighborhood..."

• Travel date: 26th September 2005

Stay here if you like bedbugs!!!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Stayed a week ago and was so pleased that my room had visitors. I had awaken around 3 in the morning because something bit me. I looked on my bed and noticed that it was FILLED with bedbugs. What made the experience all the more pleasant was the management did nothing to help. The evening night manager seemed to be bothered because I woke him up, and the general manager was continually at meetings (very convenient). I would recommend you stay here if you standard for a good vacation spot is a cardboard box placed in a small alley next to a dirty river in India. But if you expect clean sheets, helpful staff, and no bugs I would take liberty in saying you should stay somewhere else."

• Travel date: 31st July 2005

Hotels near Queens Park Hotel

Queens Park Hotel is also called

• hotel queens park
  • queens park london
  • queens park hotel london