Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel

2004
Good

What more could you ask for?

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I have stayed here twice within the last few weeks and I would have to say its quite a bargain as far as London hotels go. I didnt want to spend more than £100 as I was only staying for one night. On both occassions I paid £80 for my room via the website. The first time I stayed in a double room, had all the standard stuff: air con, tv, hair dryer, phone, room service etc. The bathroom wasnt huge but was clean and the shower was powerful and hot at all times. The bed was really comfy and even though I arrived at 12pm they let me check in, when normally you cant check in before 2pm.

On my most recent stay I stayed in a twin room which comprises of one single bed and one double bed. Unfortunately they only had smoking rooms left so I took it anyway. The hall seriously stinks of smoke and my bedroom smelt like smoke covered with some sort of cheap perfume, after 5 minutes I was used to it and just opened the window. I couldnt check in early this time however they stored my luggage for me and off I went.

London Bridge area is a fantastic place to stay. 5 minutes away is Tower Bridge, a further 5-10 minutes is the Tower of London. There is a weatherspoons (cheap pub) right near the Tower Bridge and you can get a massive breakfast for £3.50 so dont bother with the hotel breakfast, they also do great deals on drinks and evening meals so if you arent that fussed then head there for a quick bite, they dont close till 1am and stop serving food at 11pm. If you want to go for a drink then head to the Thameside which is just under London Bridge, on the river. It has a big beer garden that overlooks the Thames and it does great pub meals. Further along the river is The Anchor, a simialr pub, great to visit on a summers day. In fact there are so many pubs in the immediate area and I have never had a bad experience in any of them, you are spoilt for choice. Before you think I am an alcoholic, I actually lived there for 4 years so this is how I know!

Overall this hotel is perfect for a short stay, its basic but modern, really clean, the staff are so helpful and friendly, there is a bar/restaurant on site if you dont want to leave the hotel, it has internet access in the foyer downstairs and I would say around 50 car parking spaces which for some reason were free even though I think it says somewhere you had to pay! Dont get sucked into paying loads of money just for the sake of a hotel room, I fail to see how this hotel could not appeal to every traveller."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Great Family Hotel in a nice location

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn during 4th of July week. The room was tight, but for London, it was pretty spacious. We stayed with our two boys, 8 and 13, in a family room and we all had a decent bed. The location feels like it is at the end of the tourist zone, so it is quiet with not so many crowds especially given that it was the 4th and Wimbledon was going. You are near the London Tower, the London Dungeon and Butler's Warf with good dining choices. The hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent! They had some great pointers as to what to do and they were very friendly. I needed to cancel the inclusive breakfast for the last day and they did it without any hassle. Great hotel and we will probably stay there next time we are in London"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Excellent Accomodation

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Stayed two nights at the Premier Travel Inn Tower Bridge, the accomodation was of a very high standard. The service was excellent, the room was modern and very clean. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food, however the bar area was good. The hotel had everything your would expect from a Travel Inn, but for £80 a night it was fantastic for a central London hotel. One small downside it was a little noisy but what do you expect in the centre of London.

The hotel is a 15 Minute walk from the tube, there are stacks of eating places within a 5 minute walk of the hotel and tower bridge itself is a 5 minute walk away.

I would like to also add that despite events in the news the weekend we went, we still found London to be a happy, lively and vibrant place. We would love to go again as there was so much that we didn't get to see.

London eye - Fantastic. Science and Natural Histrory museums - Awesome - Vinoplois Wine Tour - very very good."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Good Value and Clean!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Having had twice yearly experiences of other London Hotels in this price range was very apprehensive, but what a pleasant surprise!
It was clean (and cleaned daily), the staff were pleasant and it was close to all sorts of tourist and business activities.
Would certainly stay here again. Noise? well it is London - buy some earplugs!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Great location, great value, great stay

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I stayed with my wife and two children (6&9) during a short sight-seeing trip. We would certainly stay here again - perfect for young families.

Friendly and efficient reception. We had a family room - with a large double bed, a single and pull-out bed; all four beds very comfortable. It's difficult to find a family room that will comfortably accommodate a family of four so this was a big plus (and for less than £80!). Modern bathroom with bath and shower.

Hotel very clean and bright and felt secure (there's swipe-card access to bar/restaurant and lift).

The evening meal menu is good value with a wide selection of dishes; the service was ok The breakfast was excellent - lots of choice and tasty too! We paid for 2 full breakfasts (£7.50 x 2) and the kids get to eat as much as they like for free. We still felt full at 2pm!!!

We noticed some traffic noise but nothing to spoil our sleep and being only about 200m from Tower bridge more than compensated."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of February 2007

loved the travel inn

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"took my self & 3 kids here for 4 days in july during the heatwave.on arriving the first impression was excellent.lovely receptionist who explained ev. thing clearly eg; time of brekkie etc.room spotless and big enough for us' 1 double 1single and a pullout bed. plenty hot water lovely clean bathroom and air conditioning.extremely secure felt very safe and so did the kids which was the priority. location was excellent very near tower bridge. brekkie self service as much as u could eat of all sorts .we ate there ev. night and it was lovely great choice and value for money, even gave us free drinks when 1 night the meal was a little slow coming. waiting staff all lovely friendly and made friends with kids as they saw so much of us. we needed extra pillows and they were promptly delivered to our room. all in all great safe place 2 stay will be back definately.."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of February 2007

A Lucky Find!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Our family of 2 adults, 2 children stayed here just prior to Christmas. We needed a clean, affordable, accessible place to stay & found that and more here. We got a great room (2 actually) & encountered helpful staff at every turn, with just one minor exception. The room was nicer than we expected for the price, quite pleasant to stay in. We did have a problem with our booking as we requested (and had confirmed) a reservation for a wheelchair-accessible room with 2 double beds. Apparently such a room doesn't exist but we were promptly given two rooms to compensate. I also had an unpleasant experience with a toilet grab bar which pulled out of the wall on my first transfer! However, we asked that it be repaired & by the time we returned that afternoon, all was well--great service (though we wished it had been correctly installed in the first place). We enjoyed several delightful meals in the hotel's restaurant, Sl/ce, and all wait staff were extremely accomodating & friendly. We'll always fondly remember Erica, who really took care of us and almost felt like family by the time we left. Overall, a GREAT family hotel. They are currently undergoing renovations, which they make very clear upfront. We had no related problems but feel we benefited by having clean, stylish and comfortable rooms. Be aware that parking is extra, breakfast not included, AND you will need to pay a congestion charge. But with the extra fees, we still feel we lucked out in booking this hotel.

Pros: Clean & comfortable rooms, cordial staff, great food
Cons: Quite a walk to anything interesting, a single unpleasant conversation with a single staff member (arising out of confusion over our complimentary room, it seems, but she was very curt about it all, to our surprise)"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of January 2007

Efficient hotel, service not so good

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I staid in this hotel from 25 September 2006 till 27 September 2006 on business.

The hotel is cheap and that is what you get. Do not hope very modern rooms etc.

Service was not so good. Waiting for 10 minutes at desk before helping us without apologising. Breakfast is not splendid as well.

Greetings."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of September 2006

The best so far!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Having stayed in a few Travel Inns we had little concern about booking another one. Unable to get the more central County Hall we opted for this one. The family room was an excellent size with all the normal facilities. The location was great with Tower Bridge and Tower of London at the top of the street. A 24 hour shop was right across the road and was very handy indeed.
Just before the bridge a JD Wetherspoons did full breakfasts for £1.99 and 60p for a coffee, compared to the hotels £7 odds option. We used both London Bridge and Tower bridge stations and both were around 5 minutes walk. We were at the area of the hotel overlooking nearby tennis courts so cant really say the road noise was a problem for us. It was a busy road though but plenty of crossing points were evident. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Traffic noise

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel earlier this summer. Lovely, clean room and very cheerful staff. Only downside was our room which was on the ground floor on the roadside. We barely slept! We will be sure to ask for a room on the back of the hotel if we return there and suggest anyone intending to stay there does likewise."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006