London Putney Bridge exterior

I'll be back!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"I have stayed in this hotel in June/July for the past two years while attending the Championships in Wimbledon and we haven't had any problems with it. I booked it again for June 2007 and am looking forward to staying there. The rooms are surprisingly big and very tidy. The bathroom is big too and clean. Rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, a tv and hairdryer. We found it did get quite hot at night though. We found the staff to be pleasant and they did not seem to mind that we would be leaving the hotel at 5 in the morning to head out to wimbledon to queue! The location is great. Putney is a nice town with some good shops, a shopping centre and plenty of places to eat. The hotel has its own restaurant with prices about the same as they are anywhere else in London. The underground station of Putney Bridge is literally a two minute walk from the hotel and this is on the district line so you can be in central london in about 15 mins. Its only about a 10 minute tube ride to southfields station to attend Wimbledon. I plan on staying in this hotel any time I go to visit for Wimbledon and would definitely recommend it."

• Travel date: 13th April 2007

Nice hotel. Would go back again.

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Front desk is very friendly. First time in London and they answered all questions that came at them. Room was nice and clean. Resturant and bar area very nice. Didnt pay the extra 3.5 pounds to eat the hot food but the cold items were good. Two blocks to the Putney Bridge Station to pick up the Underground, so it was no trouble at all getting around the city. London is a great place to ring in the New Year. Either head down to see the fireworks at London Eye or a couple pubs near by where you could get some good beer. Would go back again."

• Travel date: 21st January 2007

This hotel was a winner with us

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"We could not fault the putney travel inn we stayed there for three nights with two young children in a family room which was huge. The room was very clean and they met our request for a room on the thames and not facing the busy noisy road, the windows are double glazed to cut out the noise anyway, we had a fan in our room so we were able to close our windows. The staff were very laid back polite and helpful and fun. We booked through superbreak which was the cheapest make sure you book a room which includes full breakfast or else its £7.50 each, children ate and stayed free which was great. Breakfast very generous help yourself buffet kids loved it so did we! Very well situated on putney bridge buses every 2 minutes going into the centre of london which is about 6 miles in. Nice park across the road for the kids too. Definately will return to this hotel in the future."

• Travel date: 18th August 2006

Good choice for anyone staying in the area.

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Good london cheap and cheerful hotel. Great value breakfast , large rooms and easy access. Only quibbles were that a number of the available irons were broken and the non smoking room i booked smelt like Ken Clarke has stayed in there before me"

• Travel date: 15th October 2005

No Frills Hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Do not stay at this hotel if the temperture is over seventy degrees! My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for seven nights, and it was the hottest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are not air conditioned, and only have a small fan. The windows do not let in any air as they push out. The towels are very small and thin, and wash cloths are never given out. The rooms were reasonably clean but worn. I would have to be desperate to stay there again. The hotel itself is very unattractive and plain. I don't know why other people have given this hotel a great review. The breakfast buffet is boring and never changes. When my daughter asked for a piece of cheese for breakfast they told her no, that it wasn"t part of the breakfast menu buffet?!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2005

Happy Stay in Travel Inn

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"My husband and I had just spent 5 nights from July 22, 2005 in Putney Bridge Travel Inn. Staff is very nice and helpful. As we arrived there at 8:00am, we are thoughtfully granted with early check-in. Room is surprising big and clean that we didn't expect like that for budgeted hotel. Public transportation connection to the hotel is excellently good. You can either take Underground or Bus to everywhere you want to go in London. Situated along Thames River is also a bonus for our trip. Surely we will stay at Travel Inn next time when we visit London or UK cities."

• Travel date: 4th August 2005

Would stay here again

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"I had expected a tiny little room. I had no idea that my husband and I would be staying in a room bigger than our bedroom at home! I just returned from a student tour of Paris and London. We stayed at the Putney Bridge Travel Inn for 3 nights. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. The room were large and clean. The area is beautiful - the Oxford/Cambridge rowing race starts just a few metres away. There is a great little pub called the 8 bells we frequented while there. Super friendly. They actually made room for us to sit at the bar when we walked in. Across the bridge you can find several pubs, restaurants and just a 10min walk away we found a great internet cafe. As mentioned earlier, the station is only a 3 min walk away and it's only 30mins to get into the city. If being in the centre of the city isn't an issue for you, then think about this hotel. My husband and I are talking about going back to London again and we will definitely be staying at the Putney Bridge Travel Inn."

• Travel date: 1st April 2005

Great

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"I am an unabashed fan of the Travel Inn chain. Their Putney hotel is as good as the others I have stayed at. Very well situated almost on the banks of the River Thames and a short walking distance to Putney Bridge tube station. Bus service also appears to be fairly good. The staff here were friendly and helpful - allowing us to check in at noon which gave us the afternoon to do some exploring. The rooms are standard TI - clean, spacious and comfortable! The breakfast is excellent - a comprehensive buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage etc as well as cereals, toast, yoghurt, pastries, fruit. Great value for GBP6.95 and kids under 10 are free!"

• Travel date: 7th December 2004

A Really Good Find

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"Travel Inn Putney Bridge was a great find. We spent six nights there. Just a few minutes walk to bus or train and a short, easy to commute to central London or elsewhere. Very clean, comfortable rooms and bed, always hot showers and bath, heated towel rail plus welcome tea/coffee making facilities which aren't common in Europe. Excellent hot breakfast (include this in your room deal) and reasonably priced restaurant for other meals if required. Very friendly and helpful staff. Only possible drawback was traffic noise if we opened the windows so ask for a room at the back to avoid this. All in all, a very pleasant stay.....we will return next time we have the opportunity."

• Travel date: 6th June 2004

Travel Inn - Why Not

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"The hotel is well situated...close to bus and tube stations. Good view of the river on one side (ask for the river side as it is less noisy). Staff very accomodating and polite. Went out of there way to please. The rooms are large and clean. One problem we did not receive a messge that was left for us. Good place to stay."

• Travel date: 6th October 2003

Hotels near Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel is also called

• Premier Inn London Putney Bridge
  • premier inn london
  • premier inn putney bridge