Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel

About Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel

• baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • newspaper
  • paid internet
  • paid private parking nearby

Great Quality for the Price

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"LOCATION
Basically on the corner of Cromwell and Earl’s Court, this hotel is approximately 7 minutes from Earl’s Court Metro, and very close to the museum’s. The area itself is a little shady, but we found it safe enough to wander around after dark. Taking the tube, we were 25 minutes from the Soho district.

One night (2am) we tried to order pizza, but the concierge informed us that no nearby pizza places were open!

ROOMS
I believe we got the handicap room. The washroom was extra large with all the facilities at a lower height than average. The room was spacious, clean and everything was functional, including the air-conditioning. Oddly enough though, there was no clock in the room so we had to rely on our cellphones.

Maid service was lacking. They provided new towels, but on two occasions missed our dirty mugs.

HOTEL
The check-in process was easy and there was always someone at concierge to assist. The lobby had a coffee bar and a restaurant – we tried neither, but they seemed nice.

COCLUSION
This is a great hotel for the price and I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

Great service

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I stay in Premier Inns or similar fairly regularly for work but I was very impressed with the service I recieved at this particular hotel. The lady on the check in desk was very helpful, polite and could not do enough to ensure I had everyhting I needed. The room was good - I find that Premier Inns are always clean, modern and have good facilities anyway. The thing that made this stand out was the great customer service which is rare at a budget hotel chain. Thanks!"

• Travel date: Sat 18th of July 2009

Good Hotel, Location ok

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Stayed in this hotel for 1 night while in London. 5 people (2 adults 3 children age 13, 11, 7) had to get 2 rooms, but felt we could have dealt with 1. Unfortunately not many hotels in England allow for more than 4 people in a room. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We arrived a little earlier than normal check in but were able to get at least 1 of our rooms easily. The other was available shortly after and they were right beside each other.

The staff was helpful in check in etc, but when I asked about the area, I was given some very basic miss information. The closest Tube Station is Earls Court, but the hotel advised a different one, which (in our walking around the area) we discovered was not the closest.

There is little to know shopping in the area, some, but not much, but again we were not given correct information about this either, as we learned on our taxi trip back to the train station.

if you are looking for a place to stay close to traditional London site seeing areas, this is not the place. However, we did more of our site seeing via London Black cabs, which actually made it worth it."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of July 2009

Comfortable, clean, close enough to Tube

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Was booked at Premier Inn London Kensington but was brought by the taxi to Premier Inn Olympia. Turned out OK since Olympia was just newly renovated and clean. Newer but slightly farther than Premier London Kensington. The place itself is quiet but it is only 10 min (leisurely walk) to Earls Court Station, which has lots of restaurants & internet cafes nearby. (Hotel internet more expensive.) Also has access to good buses going to town.

No major complaints. The place is simple but clean and comfortable. Good enough for the price (by London standards).

Note that breakfast is the same everyday - so perhaps just get it for the first day. Cheaper and more varied options outside (near Earls Court station)."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Must get up early in this hotel or your room will not be cleaned!

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"I stayed at the hotel from 4 May to 6 May! On the morning of 5 May, the housekeeping staff entered my room at sround 12 noon when I was still sleeping! I had a NO DISTURBANCE sign hanging outside! I went out at around 1pm removing the NO DISTURBANCE sign! I return at around 10 pm only to find my room NOT cleaned up! The hotel staff then told me there would be no housekeeping after 4 pm! But I told her there was ample time for them to clean my room! I think this is totally unacceptable! I did not pursue further because I would be leaving the next morning and I was very tired then! After I return to Hong Kong, I send them a complaint letter! However, I am still wating for their response!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of May 2009

Absolutely fantastic

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Booked Premier Inn Kensington originally upon reading the good reviews. Changed to this one at Olympia after learning the other one is undergoing renovations.
I can't fault anything about this hotel. The family room with double bed and sofa bed is spacious (a big relief after reading reviews about other London hotels with small rooms), modern and clean. Bathroom is big and shower pressure is strong. Staff are friendly and eager to help. All you can eat breakfast is great value as my daughter eats free (probably a tag expensive for travellers with no children).
I don't normally write reviews but felt compelled to do so as we enjoyed our stay so much."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of May 2009

A gem - great value, good sized family room, spotless, good location!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Hotel is recently refurbished - so everything brand new and spotlessly clean. Family room (large very comfortable double bed, sofa bed and fold bed) was larger than expected for a London room. Tea/Coffee making facilties a welcome bonus. Stayed for 2 nights, so did not have much luggage, but wardrobe space seemed adequate. Bathroom spotless and good towels, soap/shower gel dispenser on walls. Location is excellent - just over 5 mins from Earls Court Tube Station and about 10 mins from Kensington High Street. Pleny of restaurants nearby both on Earls Court Road and Kensington. Plenty of choice for breakfast - cereals, breads, toast and cooked breakfast. Kids loved the muffins and also great costa coffee! Staff friendly and helpful. Could not find a single fault with stay - I have stayed in many 4 star hotels at a much higher price and certainly felt that this hotel in its current newly refurbished state offers much better value than most other 3 or 4 star hotels in this area."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of April 2009

Fantastic value for money

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I stayed there for Easter with my wife and 2 children.
The hotel have been refurbished in february so it is completely new, and you immediately see it.
The staff is really friendly and ready to help you anytime. Always with smile...very nice.
Room was large enough for us, very clean.
The breakfast was very good, surely something to enjoy.
Finally the location: just 10 minutes walk from Earl's Court station on the Piccadilly line that connects you to central London and to Heathrow. Many restaurants in the area: I recommend to try Kensington Arms, very close to the hotel, nice and modern inside, friendly staff and good food.
A fantastic stay!"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of April 2009

Good value for London but very small double room

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"The bottom line is that we would stay in a Premier Inn again and this Premier Inn again, but only for a day or two. We stayed for 7 nights and this was too long for such the double room, even with the understanding that London rooms are small in general (think Manhattan).

This was our first time in a Premier Inn and this review is from an American perspective - but we have travelled in Europe numerous times.

Cons: Double room really sleeps two, but sits one. There is one chair and if you'd like to relax in your room after being on your feet all day, one of you will have to sit on the bed. The one chair can be angled to see the TV. (Sorry we didn't bring the camera.) Next time we shop for a London hotel room we will more carefully analyse the square footage (and ceilings were low). We brought our own shampoo, conditioner and soap since it's a foam dispenser at the sink and a dispenser in the bath/shower. Hairdryer is next to the tea kettle, so glad to have it but wierd drying your hair in the room rather than the bathroom. The bed for OK, but no fitted sheet so the bottom sheet slides around a bit and the bed is on rollers, so it will move if you bump it. Single duvet with sheet covering (seems to be all the rage everywhere) is not helpful to us as we get too hot under a duvet. We were able to control the temperature in the room, but would have preferred sheet and blanket. Walls are thin and you can hear very well between rooms. Other guests were not loud and it was quiet for sleeping, but not very private feeling. The neighborhood is pretty busy so while it was fine for tube, eating out, safety, it was not charming for walking around, busy traffic in nearby streets. TV channels from a US perspective were fine but we would consider it more like over the air than cable, FYI.
Pros: Bathroom for fine sized with tub and shower and decent sized towels. Clean, value priced room and service was helpful and kind. Internet in lobby was 3 pounds for an hour (on sale apparently) and convenient. LIghts on each side of the bed for reading where excellent. Neighborhood is terrific for cheaper to medium priced and delicious meals and a couple of pubs nearby (masala zone, nandos, GBK etc). You have to cross a couple of busy streets to get to the main drag near Earl's Court but it was fine if you don't have a couple of small children in tow, and nice to be staying a little away from the main drag. Housekeeping was great, changing sheets occasionally without us begging for it (also seems to be the rage these days). Single window, but it opened for fresh air and didn't face a wall or anything.

So again, we would definitely stay again and would recommend this to anyone for a day or two. If you need to stay longer, stay if this is the only way you can afford it, but we'd pay a little extra for more space (maybe get the bigger room here, but I didn't get the impression it was much bigger)."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of March 2009

Perfect Premier Inn

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I have used Premier Inn in Belfast and Manchester and been really impressed with their quality, service and value for money. However I was anxious about using this hotel as it has just opened (last week) and there were no reviews available. I needn't have worried though because the hotel has been completely refurbished and the same standards as I'd experienced before applied. The Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia was extremely modern, clean and bright and as always the staff were really friendly and helpful, in particular Amy.

The location of this hotel (formerly a Comfort Inn) was perfect for us being just a 5/7 minute walk from Earls Court tube station where we caught the Piccadilly line to Heathrow. The walk to the hotel took us along two main roads which were busy and very safe. We went into Convent Garden at night for dinner but there was actually a great choice of restaurants and bars very close to the hotel.

The purpose of my trip was to take my son to see Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the hotel was perfect as the ground was only two stops away on the tube. All in all we had a great time and I would thoroughly recommend this new addition to the Premier Inn Chain."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of March 2009

We have stayed in this hotel twice befor...

Reviewed Sun 27th of May 2007

"We have stayed in this hotel twice before and expected it to be clean, comfortable and efficient. Sadly, this was not the case on our most recent, and probably last, visit.

As we were checking in another guest was checking out. She complained that her early morning calls had been ignored, that her room had been disappointing and the cost high. At the end of our two night stay, we felt the same.

Our room was on the 'lower ground floor' and was hard to find. We noticed that the hotel's decor is now quite shabby and got worse as we walked down the narrow corridors to the basement.

Our room was small, cramped, and shabby. It was a very odd shape and contained two single beds, a built-in desk, / dressing table with an unusable chair (too close to the bed) a tiny hanging rail and a built-in bedside shelf. A TV and an electric heater were supplied too.

The bathroom was tiny - I think that a shower would have made better use of the space as the bath was too short to be much use.

I was all for complaining, my husband felt we were just there to sleep and so should ignore it.... Yes. I know! He does have a very kind nature. We regretted this decision on the second night when EVERY sound from the surrounding rooms echoed through ours - including a bratty child. We didn't need to turn on the TV that evening as we could hear the programmes from next door until very late.

The room was clean enough although some of the towels and pillow cases were dingy. Soap and small sachets of shampoo and shower gel were supplied in the bathroom; the hospitality tray included two biscuits. The beds were reasonably comfortable, although the bed that was wedged under the window was very cold as it was against a thin outside wall.

My wakeup call did not come so I was not able to enjoy the buffet breakfast but I did manage to get to my meeting on time. On the second morning we were able to take our time. The food was in the usual Comfort Inn range, but the cooked breakfast was in very limited supply, it was almost as if the staff were guarding it! There were notices stapled to the menus 'reminding' guests not to take food away!!!

Packed lunches were being sold at £4.99 for a pack of sandwiches, a pack of crisps, and a carton drink - bad value I think.

Spoke to the desk staff about the missed wake up call, but this did not surprise them and no reason was given.

In short, I think we had a poor deal."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007