Premier Inn London Euston Hotel

• paid wifi
  • baggage storage
  • fax photocopying
  • paid internet
  • paid private parking on site

Good

Great base for a London break!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Premier Travel Inn, Euston, for a weekend break with my mum. We had a family room, booked as a twin room, and stayed for two nights.

As we had travelled by train from Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston, the location of this hotel was perfect - almost directly opposite Euston station. The staff at the front desk were friendly, polite and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable, even in the uncomfortably hot weather. The hotel bar, although expensive (it is London after all), was, again, clean and comfortable, with a friendly atmosphere.

The hotel proved a fabulous location. As it was in easy reach of both Euston and Kings Cross stations, we had easy access to the tube, which was fantastic for shopping and visiting the theatre. The little street of cafes round the corner from the hotel is also worth a look for a good cuppa at a very reasonable price!

The only downside was the breakfast buffet. Although it was edible and filling, it was a bit overpriced and wasn't particularly tasty. It did, however, fill you up and set you up for the day.

On a final note, I would recommend the Italian restaurant just down the road from the hotel. Lovely food and reasonably priced."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of January 2007

Mostly very good

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I stay in Premier Travel Inns fairly regularly, and on the whole do not have any problems. The Euston Road hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly. The room was slightly smaller than other PTIs I have stayed in, but it was still sufficient. It is close to the tube and train which is very handy. I did not use the restaurant or bar. Along the lines of other reviews though, the only real downside was the noise from the road - the glazing seemed to make it louder than it should have been! It really was loud, and although it didn't disturb me too much once asleep, it did keep my mother awake. They do warn about it on the website, however the hotel address is not Euston Road, and the map could be interpreted as the hotel being further from the Euston Road than it actually is. I would stay again, but would perhaps ask for a room at the back."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Premier Travel Inn for 2 nights in November on business. I was actually booked here by our company's travel agency when the other chain hotel closer to Euston Station had no availability. Thank goodness they didn't because I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff were friendly, polite and quite helpful. The room was clean, nicely appointed and the bed was good. Even though I was travelling alone, it was good to have a full (queen?) size bed - - - something to remember if I ever go to London with my partner as I simply hate it when hotels put 2 twin beds together and pass it off for a queen.

If you're looking for a reasonable, clean and comfy hotel specifically in the Euston Road area - opt for Premier and not the one on Cardington Rd. Our London office is quite nearby and with easy access to bus, the tube and trains, I will definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2007

excellent!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"As someone who is very critical of the hotel/hospitality industry as a whole- having worked in it for 15 years I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. From the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out the staff were friendly, polite- an even looked like they enjoyed their job! For the value and the price i would most definately stay here again- I have received worse service at 5 star establishments. The breakfast was great value and the restaurant exceptionally clean- this was exactly the type of hotel 1 wanted and got staying just one night- can't fault it at all."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of November 2006

Good Location, Great Value for money.

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My husband and I returned today from a two night trip to London, had originally booked a 4 star hotel, which I later cancelled after reading the reviews on this site. Booked this travel Inn, because I know they are all of a certain standard..clean, basic and good size rooms.
Im really glad I did, as it exceeded my expectations. We arrived at reception one hour early with the hope of them keeping our bags, however we were able to check in as our room was ready. We asked for a quiet room, away from the busy Euston Road, which they happily provided. The reception staff were plentiful appx 6 of them, extremely pleasant and knowledgeable, explaining everything about the hotel in full. I guess most of the staff in the hotel were Polish..certainly Eastern European but spoke good English and very, very friendly. The room did not disappoint, reasonable size with a comfortable double bed and sofa, nice size bathroom with a powerful/hot shower and air conditioning that worked . Our room was very quiet (339) no noise from the corridor, although we had to close the window at night, as it was a bit noisy from quite frequent siren's (think there was a hospital nearby), The house keeping throughout the hotel was very clean. Dinner in the 'Slice' restaurant was good, although could have been a bit warmer. Plates were cold when served and the air conditioning cooled the food quickly. The £7.50 breakfast was good value.
Geographically it was in the middle of two main line and Tube stations - 5 mins walk to Euson and 5 mins walk to Kings Cross/St Pancreas. The buses which take you just about anywhere you may want to go stops right outside the hotel. All in all I would thouroughly recommend this hotel, no frills but very good value for money. I will definately use it next time Im in London. Also when you exit the front door of the hotel onto Dukes Road, if you turn left walk appx. one hundred yards and turn right, there are several nice little cafe's for day time snacks."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

Decent hotel close to centre attractions

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Stayed for 2 nights whilst in London to watch Arsenal and night at theatre.
Room was clean, and bed was comfortable if edging towards soft.

Quickly booked in, but obvious that all staff were of eastern european origin, on the front desk at least.
Allocated room 122 which was on the back of the hotel and as such was quiet. Glad we did not have the front.

Few minute walk to Euston station and tube station.
About half hour walk from oxford Street.

At £75 a night reasonable for clean hotel, basically as you would expect a travel inn to be."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

What a noisy hotel!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"This hotel is fine for its genre - in fact a good example of a Travel Inn. The restaurant is good and the position is good for tourism and business. The problem is the 'highway from hell' that runs alongside it! The Euston Road is so big and busy day and night that the attempts made by the hotel to dim the sound are overwhelmed. We had a back room, and used the air-cond to keep the windows tight shut, yet the noise was terrific!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

Good for short stay

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My family stayed at the Premier Travel Inn for 8 nights in mid-August of 2006. The room was sufficient...double bed and a sofa that converted into a twin bed for our child. Air conditioning worked very well and there was a heated towel rack...bonus! The bathtub was a decent size and no problem with hot water or water pressure in the shower. The hotel is in a good location, one block from Euston underground & rail station and buses pass by frequently. Also, one block from the British Library.

Downsides: the bed was a bit soft, and there is nowhere to sit in the room if the sofa is used as a third bed. Result...sore back from sitting up in softish bed to read, watch TV etc. Room is stark...bare white walls, no pictures. Closet is just a hanging rail without any doors.

If we'd stayed 3 or 4 nights, it would have been fine but after more than a week I really regret I didn't just spend a bit more and get a more comfortable room."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

good hotel ..good price

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"stay for 3 nights..... very easy check in / out. staff very friendly and helpful .....room basic but everything you expect ..very clean good sized room and bathroom. breakfast £7.50 buffet eat all you can food good quality . dined in the resturant food good but long waits between courses. all in all a very good place to stop especialy if you have young kids as 4 kids can eat breakfast free for every adult ."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

good for all reasons

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"stayed 2 adualts + 2 kids.
big family room, very clean, good air cooling system, quick check-inn and out, close to the tube which is very important.
marks and spencer simply food is near tube. near british museum.
resturant service very slow.
had 4 nights for a good price."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of July 2006