Reception Lobby

Good
2099 reviews
Good

Plaza on the River, Excellant.

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"We have been lucky enough to stay here 3 times in the last 6 months. First time we had a one bedroom apartment with a slight view of the river and we loved it. Second time we had a one bedroom river view suite, same room as before, maybe a little larger, but the view was stunning. This time we had a 2 bedroom suite with a balcony which gives you views of the river including the Houses of Parliment, Big Ben and the Wheel. You could easily have a party in this one. Several people mentioned the comfy beds and they really are. Add to this the beautiful view from the floor to ceilings windows and you may find it difficult to get out of bed, we do. The staff are always helpful and friendly and we think it has a very welcoming atmosphere. I have noticed that other people have complained about the checking in desk! Yes it is just one desk, but it is in a dedicated area just for the apartments which we find really special and intimate. The room service menu is excellant and always well presented. You can have anything from a three course meal to popcorn to go with the free DVD hire they offer. Another excellant feature is the kitchen which has everyting you could need including a dishwasher and washing machine. We find it a real home away from home and think it is worth every penny. Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: 21st May 2007

Absolutely great!!

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"We are four people from sweden and we stayed at this lovely hotel in London at the end of March,beginning of April. The location is great and the service was absolutely wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay to the fullest and are very pleased with our friends who recommended this hotel to us. We were also stunned with the great food that was served here and one big reason to go here is actually the food. Usually when you go to a hotel you want to go out for meals in the evening but when you stay here I can recommend "staying in". Anyway, thank you and as I said before...go here when you want to go to London!!!"

• Travel date: 15th May 2007

It feels like home

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"On recommendation of our friends we decided to experience the hotel ourselves to check their enhusiastic stories. We booked the hotel directly as it turned out this would be cheaper than booking through a travel agent. From the reservation stage untill back at home, the service was fantastic. 3 Days before arrival we got a telephone call with the request if we wanted transport from the airport, if we wanted to have any items stocked in our fridge and if they could assist us with anything else. Somthing like that we never experienced before. Upon arrival we were showed to our Suite, which had a fantastic view over River Thames (See atatched pictures), what did we want more!!! The rooms are very spacious and everything you need is in the suite. They even have a list with different pillows to ensure you have the best night sleep. The beds are very comfortable bye the way. I also want to specially mention that the staff is excellent! You can really see that they enjoy working in this hotel, that they are very passionate about their jobs. We will definitly return to this 'home away from home' ."

• Travel date: 10th April 2007

Superb stay

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"Stayed at the Plaza on the River for a night in March. Having never been to London, or stayed in a 5* hotel I was after something special. I wasn't dissapointed. Walking up from Vauxhall tube (approx 5 mins), the Plaza stood out the most - although as its directly connected to the Riverbank Plaze (?) I wasnt quite sure I had the right place. As I checked in, I was whisked over to the single 5* Plaza on the river check in desk, and was seated during check in. Our suite was very modern, and spacious considering all the home comforts they'd put in. The room was clean, an array of toiletries were available, and the double headed walk in shower was superb. We ordered room service during our stay, and whilst the quality of food was generally excellent, it could've been a bit warmer and we felt it was overpriced. I was also dissapointed that internet/email service incurred a £4.95/day charge. However, I was after style and a bit of luxury - and this hotel certainly did that."

• Travel date: 25th March 2007

Lots to love, a few missteps

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Stayed here late Jan early Feb 2007. Studio room was very spacious and comfortable. Bed was terrific. Large shower, no tub in my room. Complete set of deluxe toiletries provided. There was a kitchenette with functioning stove, dishwasher, refirigerator, all very clean. Clean dishes for two provided. Complementary bottled water each day. Washer/dryer combo in room! Be advised load sizes are small and take a few hours to cycle through to dry (the same machine washes and dries the load). Room was a bit warm for my taste with no way of cooling the room down (the only functioning window was locked, and you could only increase the room temp, not cool it). Staff very accommodating and the room was very clean. It's a bit of a walk to the nearest tube station, but not too bad unless it is raining. Fresh flowers when I arrived, but they soon wilted and were never replaced during my week long stay. Restaurant choices limited in the area. Hotel breakfast buffet was good but expensive. Free tasty snacks in lobby from time to time, but this was sporadic and not dependable. Hotel restaurant was trendy and not comfortable for single diners. Good food but pricey. Nice views of the Thames and great walks in the neighboring areas. I'd definitely stay here again, but do wish they'd allow for cooler rooms in the winter."

• Travel date: 14th February 2007

Loved Chino Latino

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"We stayed at Plaza on the River last weekend (Jan 11-15 2007) and we found it was an excellent weekend. We had a large party at the restaurant Chino Latino where the food was fab, the new menu by the Nobu chef certainly made my night. We also had a babysitter look after our little one, and all in all it is a great place to stay especially now that there are so many more restaurants upstream on South Bank, its really given a new lease to my london experiences with a River dominated. Its still much better than the other 5 stars and manages to keep its prices reasonable (for London!)"

• Travel date: 17th January 2007

A wedding morning made in heaven...

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Me and my now wife spent our honey moon night here. We booked everything online and turned up after our party a little worse for wear at around 6am. On opening the door to our sumptuous apartment style hotel room with felt overwhelmed. We had the most amazing view of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. We ordered a perfectly cooked breakfast from room service, made love on the floor while noting the time on Big Ben (a personal best) and then spent the rest of the day luxuriating in our surroundings! Best of all, the staff had left us a complimentary bottle of champagne and a card to congratulate us. You can't say better than that! Will definitely return for my next wedding night. many thanks Justin"

• Travel date: 17th January 2007

My Girlfriend and I had an anniversary to remember....

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"My girlfriend and I were celebrating our second anniversary. I have to say that this is the best hotel I have experienced in a long time. After I made the booking online, I phoned the hotel to have some flowers in the room on arrival and of course the flowers were in the room for my girlfriend to receive after check in. I also made a reservation in the restaurant and I pre-arranged with reception a nice table and to also have a gifted wrapped necklace with a card for my girlfriend to receive and open before dinner. The card and gift was their on the table with a bottle of champagne. My girlfriend was so surprised. Finally I requested that in the room when we finished dinner for rose petals to be spread across the bed with candles to create a romantic atmosphere. When we returned to our room after dinner there was rose petals on the bed, candles around the room with a small bottle of champagne, chocolates and strawberries on the side. This made our weekend and it by far exceeded my expectations. And on departure the Resident Manager Nick even came to the desk and checked how our stay was. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to create a special occasion for their loved one."

• Travel date: 24th December 2006

Not up to 5* standards

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"After the glowing reviews on this site I was convinced that I'd done the right thing booking the Plaza on the River for my partners birthday. I'd booked a promotional rate which was substantially lower than the rates on expedia etc, and also included an upgrade to a one-bed river view suite. Unfortunately the hotel was not prepared to honour the reservation I had, claiming that the upgrade to a river view suite was a mistake which was altered on their site retrospectively. After being shown a non-river view room, then a room which hadn't been made up I finally broke, paid an extra £75 and got what I had originally reserved as the whole thing was becoming rather embarrassing for both me and my partner who was supposed to be enjoying a birthday treat! The river view balcony room was very nice and offered an exceptional amount of space for a central London hotel. Attention to detail was lacking however, dirty crockery, a glass bathroom door with the hinge coming away from the wall, a TV that wouldn't switch on and didn't get repaired whilst we were there...simply not 5* standards. Also whilst the wooden floors look very contemporary they offer little sound insulation, not good when the people in the suite next door are up and about at 5am! I did speak with the manager the following morning and to his credit he responded well to my feedback and refunded the £75 upgrade charge and also comp'd the Birthday cake that I had ordered. Thanks to him I would consider booking this hotel in the future if I could get a decent rate as, in summary, this is a good 4* standard property which offers spacious and modern accommodation but which oversells itself on the website and other literature, in my opinion it simply doesn't go far enough to warrant that fifth star."

• Travel date: 21st December 2006

Excellent

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Simply a very classy, sophisticated hotel. Great, Great, Great in all aspects....that about sums it up ! I will definately stay again."

• Travel date: 7th December 2006

Hotels near Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River is also called

• Plaza on the River - Club and Residence