About Park Grand London Kensington

• russian amenities
  • vip room facilities
  • spanish amenities

Good

When I read reviews on this hotel after...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"When I read reviews on this hotel after I had booked it my heart sank. And things didn’t get much better as we approached the hotel and saw all the scaffolding up front.

However, once in the hotel the reception area was immaculate as were the rooms. Our room had a built in flat screen TV, as well as a TV built in the tiles in the gorgeous en-suite bathroom. There was an iron and ironing board and ample wardrobe space. The room was of superior quality with a lovely comfy bed. There was an extra fleece blanket and a brand new quilt in the wardrobe for those cooler London nights and tea and coffee making facilities were replenished daily.

The room was not massive, but more than adequate. The balcony could have done with a bit of work, but I got the impression that, that’s what all the scaffolding was for. We stayed over a weekend so there was no building work but I would imagine until the repairs are completed weekday stays may be a little noisy. However, other than the outside of the hotel, I could not see were improvements could be made

One downside was that there was no Hotel car park as advertised. Luckily we checked this before arriving so we were no overly disappointed.

Location wise, again no complaints. The road is a mix of hotels and private housing, and is a minutes walk from Earls Court Tube station and a plethora of bars, coffee shops, restaurants, fast food joints and the usual high street shops.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody wanting a mid range three star hotel in London."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Good place, good hotel, and some problems

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"My friends and I have spent four nights at this hotel last week. The first problem was, that, after having asked me for my visa card and AFTER checked in, we were told that they were refurnishing the rooms, and mooving them all from the first floor to the fourth foor... and all that afternoon! what bad luck....we could not have our rooms ready until 20h or 20h 30h in the evening (it was 15h in the afternoon) so, we left our lugage there and went out to the city, but we were really upset, because we would have liked to acced to our rooms, unpack, and took some things from inside the lugage. Anyway, I told the receptionist how annoyed we were, above all about the fact of the way we checked in, without the option of changing the hotel if we had wanted.
When we came back that evening, they gave us a really nice room, a little small, but decent one...very clean, totally new bathroom, and we were invited to have breakfast free in their buffet every day, to apologize for the trouble (it was not included in our room´s price at first).
We paid the day before leaving, because we had to take a taxi at 5 am, so, at the very time of the depart, the guy in the reception desk asked us about some money left we had to pay, he couldn´t say why, but he was sure we ought to....he wasn´t even able to look for our bill in the PC... really a mess... so, I had to get really ungry with him, shout a bit, and left the hotel in a bad tempered way.

Now, it´s up to you."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of March 2005

Lovely hotel

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"The thing i loved about this hotel were the staff being so friendly. The manager was really helpful with giving us information on where to visit and dine in london
Breakfast was good and also having the car park in the hotel was excellent as parking is a nightmare in london. Good value for money too with a low cost per person per night. Would definately recommend to friends and family"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of February 2005

Never Again...

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I only spent one night at the Hogarth hotel, and it was more than enough!

Firstly, the area. Close to the tube station, which is what I wanted, but walking down the road to the hotel itself was an experience - one which I would not like to relive again! I refused to be out at night, and came back while it was still light. I didnt feel safe there at all.

The staff were friendly when I checked in, took my card details and gave me my key after asking me if I'd requested a smoking or non smoking room.

I got to my room, which was clearly smoking (which I hadnt asked for) and found it to be dirty. The carpet was filthy, the bedsheets weren't clean. I went into the bathroom, to find the sink plug rusted shut, the tiles falling off the walls and the towels stained and dirty. The bath tub was dirty, and disgusting, I refused to even use it.

My request for a room change was ignored, apparently they were fully booked, which I dont understand really because I only saw two other people the whole two days I was there.

That night, I also discovered that the lock on the door didnt work properly, and the card slot cover on the back of the door wasnt even fixed. I spent the whole night unable to sleep properly because I didnt feel safe.

BAck to the area itself, throughout the night all I could hear was people shouting and fighting outside.

I may have gotten a good deal on the price, but I would rather spend twice as much and stay in a decent hotel in the future."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of January 2005

Not bad - not great

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I got a late rate for this hotel at £45 for a double room, so for that price I was pretty happy with what I got, BUT... They had a power cut just before I checked-in, so there was no hot water for 2 hours....I was not told this when I checked in though, had to ring reception when I found only cold water, to be told the reason why. They checked me into a twin by mistake and were not too bothered by this inconvenience to me. The bathroom was not very clean and the room was VERY noisy. The radiators made a terrible noise every hour, on the hour for the whole night.
I would not go back there."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of December 2004

my first review

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"I've stayed in about 15 hotels in london over the last 5 years and this is the only one i would go back too. The staff were fantastic (not just to me but to some quite distasteful people they were dealing with). The room was big, clean, comfortable and cheap. The underground parking was great (£20/day is about right). It's very handy for heathrow and central london. The breakfast and breakfast staff were good. I hope it keeps these staff and it's current level of standards."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of December 2004

quite happy

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"My wife and I were quite pleased with what we found. The neighborhood is great with nice pubs and restaurants around. We walked to many of the main attractions, and it's 2 minutes from the subway. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was small but not cramped. The bathroom was clean. small tv was great. I'd compare it to a small Howard Johnson here in Toronto, Canada."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of November 2004

A pleasant surprise

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"My booking was made through a travel agent in Australia who had no first hand reports on the hotels she had to offer and so all I had to go on were the reviews on the web. Whilst not universely great those for The Hogarth contained no horror stories and so I booked for a week in a single room and hoped for the best.

I have to say that, for once, I made the right decision. The room was of a good size (especially for a single), the bathroom was very adequate and the daily cleaning was definitely up to standard. I found the staff without exception very helpful and can honestly say that I had no complaints at all.

I dread booking my stays in London as hassles with accomodation can easily ruin a holiday but, if they keep up this standard, I think my future visits will certainly have a lower stress level."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of November 2004

Great Value Break

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Not a promising start to my London break was the fact that the hotel is in the throws of changing its name to the Cresta Hotel , I believe, such that the only indication of its original name was of two A4 sheets of laminated paper, stuck to wooden boards, propped against the outside pavement wall, saying "The Hogarth Hotel"!

Another surprise, due to arranging this over the Internet, was the Arabic decor of the dining area (hookahs, poofs, brass tables, drapes, rugs, etc)and the all middle Eastern staff! They were however, most polite and helpful. The included Continental Breakfast (59 GBP per night, twin room, B&B) was plentiful - give the tea a miss though!

The room was very clean, with beverage making facilities, TV, Internet conn. key card door. Basement car parking was 20 GBP per night but that is a reasonable price for peace of mind against any street damage or theft and the ever-present Traffic Wardens and Clampers prowling the streets.

Only about 300 yards from the Earls Court Tube Station, local shops and a little bit further on to the Kensington High Street major shopping area."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of September 2004

Great Hotel

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for one night myself and two friends in a triple room. We were really impressed by the reception and the general cleanliness of the hotel. The location is 1st class especially if you are going to a concert in Earls Court. Would recommend to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2004

Below par

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Travel agency booked this stay, and after a great week at the Observatoire Luxembourg-Paris, I figured our London hotel (a 2 week stay) would be nice as well. Wrong! The room was spacious by European standards, and there was a small balcony. The Earl's Court Tube station was extremely convenient, and the food at breakfast adequate.
Cleanliness, however, was a serious issue. One bedcover had what appeared to be vomit on it. I called the desk and notified housekeeping. No change. I tried again. Nothing. I striped the bed and put the bedding in the hall. It was removed from the hallway, but none was brought to replace it for the duration of our stay. The bathroom floor was dirty (dirt, bobby pins from previous guest) on arrival and was not swept or cleaned during our stay.
There was a lovely tray was supplies for tea and coffee. I was somewhat disconcerted that the cups were not washed or changed out each day, just left there to be used the next day.
Service in the breakfast area was spotty. Over the 2 weeks, we had three days of really nice service, once we found a friendly server, tipped her well and sought out her table on subsequent mornings. The remainder of the staff seemed quite unhappy to work there."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of August 2004