Hotel 41

41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS England

Reviews are Absolutely On Target

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Our 6 night stay at Hotel 41 in early August was the key to a memorable London trip. I was a first time Tripadvisor user and suspicious that the site had been "Amazon'd" with phony reviews. Hotel 41 absolutely lives up to the raves. We slept extremely well due to wonderful beds and a quiet location (interior courtyard room for 4 nights and facing the Buckingham Palace Mews for 2) My husband & I still long for the terrific bathrooms and "deluge" showers. Our 8 year old son was made to feel at home by the caring staff (who indulged him with fresh-made fruit smoothies and happily compared notes on favorite Gameboy games). The spacious common library was a welcome refuge for all of us throughout the day. We found the location (5 minutes walk to Victoria tube) quite convenient. There is no question that we will return again and again to Hotel 41."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2004

It's All True!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I can't say enough about the comforts offered at Hotel 41, both the outstanding physical comforts and the tender loving care provided by Chantal, Jacques, Martin, and Anna. It is a lovely facility made even better by lovely staff. It is quite convenient as well. The bedding is of the highest quality, the decorating is most pleasing as well. Truly, all the conveniences of home, but considerably posher. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all, but most particularly to women travelling alone. On my second evening, I just could not adjust to the clock and went to the lounge where Jacques offered everything from tea to movies to help me get to sleep. Chantal greeted me at all times with a smile and warm words insuring that I was happy. Be sure and ask for them to prepare you a picnic in the park! Can't wait for a reason to return. It was all that was promised and more."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of August 2004

Wonderful Stay!!!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"This hotel was everything we thought it would be and more...Chantal the Manager was delightful and the staff was so attentive. They saved us enormous time in acquiring show tickets and other information about London. Would schedule another trip tomorrow if possible!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2004

Superb: London's 41

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I want to sing the praises of 41, a wonderful small hotel overlooking the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace in London. Very luxurious with superb service. All the trappings of a private club. There is a discreet private entrance and no sign. A personal butler attends to your every need. Despite its classic charm, 41 has every modern 21st century technological feature. There are only 16 very stylishly decorated 16 rooms and four suites at 41. My favorite is the glass-ceilinged conservatory suite. The bathrooms are all marble, the mattresses all hand made and divine. Best of all is the mahogany-panelled Executive Lounge for round the clock dining. Check out www.-----------------------------

Brooks Perry"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of July 2004

A Royal Treat

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"41 is a darling boutique-style hotel situated above their sister hotel Rubens at the Palace. 41 is absolutely beautiful with classy black and white decor. Our kingsize bed was so comfy we had no trouble falling asleep at night. The lighting was state of the art which took a bit to figure out but once figured out it was lovely. There was even a brass switch on the wall above the night table that when turned on lit a small light outside our room that stated we did not want to be disturbed. There was also the traditional do not disturb sign (wooden)as well that you hung on the door. The room was beautifully furnished and had a wardrobe with a programmable safe in it. The air conditioning worked great as well. The only thing I could say that I wasn't fond of the electronic system. I am not an electronic buff and it took some figuring out to get TV, music, dvd player, computer, internet (wireless keyboard), etc to work.

The bathroom was truly gorgeous and spotless. We had a huge soaking tub with a shower, plus an additional shower with a huge showerhead, a large vanity and a towel warmer. There was always plenty of hot water and an endless supply wonderful toiletries which the staff had meticulously placed on the shelf. The linens were exceptional. Large thick white towels with a black 41 monogram on some of them. Two kinds of bathrobes, terry and waffle.

The staff were wonderful and very professional. Chantal the Resident Manager is a perfectionist and this carries over to her staff. The staff in the executive lounge where we had breakfast each morning were so meticulous (but very friendly) even your plates were placed so that the 41 logo was at the top. Nothing dared to be out of place.
The turn down service was a nice touch, with a candle being lit in the bathroom each night as well as slippers and robes being layed out for you.

41 is located less than 2 blocks from
Buckingham Palace, Victoria Rail and Tube Station, and across the road from the Royal Mews. Yes the Queen is your neighbor!

I could go on and on about 41!! 41 has spoiled us for life!!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2004

Utterly fantastic!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"After several months of planning and research to find the perfect London hotel, 41 was what I hoped it would be and more. This was a birthday trip to mother and sister and I wanted everything to be as perfect as possible. Chantal, the resident manager, made it all happen with the most warm and personal touches, including balloons, champagne, a cake, and gifts waiting in our room upon our arrival. Chantal and I had been emailing each other in the weeks preceeding the trip and I felt as if I knew her as a friend when we finally arrived.
This was by far the best hotel I have stayed at in London out of my previous 4 stays. The hotel itself is quaint yet beautiful with a cozy, at-home feeling. From the street, the entrance is quite inconspicuous and private which is very nice. The overall style is what I would describe as contemporary old-world style meets traditional English. The "executive lounge" is a large, gorgeous living room type of space with multiple seating areas that are also for the morning breakfast sittings. In the evenings, a well stocked bar is set up for evening cocktails. The very unconventional "reception area" is also here in this room as a mere executive desk with a flat screen computer monitor and two guest chairs. There's also an open loft in this room with additional seating, desks, and computers for business use.
The bedrooms themselves are absolutely lovely, consistent with the look and feel of the rest of the hotel and very well equiped with everything you could possibly need. A web-tv type of set-up with cordless keyboard makes e-mail and internet access so very convenient. There is a fax machine, mini bar, cordless telephone to use anywhere in the hotel, spacious closets, and bathroom large enough to accomodate 3 of us ladies staying in the same room (now that is important!). There was a separate shower and bathtub and a lot of counter space.
I could go on and on about this place. Chantal and her staff could not be any more cordial and accomodating. We had originally planned to stay 4 days and 4 nights but ended up staying and extra day since we were having so much fun. Needless to say I would stay at the 41 again and again and highly recommend it!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2004

Great but not perfect

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"A fantastic hotel that would be perfect if not for housekeeping weaknesses.
From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome, it really does make a difference when the staff always refer to you by name.
When I wanted to surprise my fiancee on her birthday by upgrading to a suite, Chantel made it happen whilst we were out so that the first my partner knew about it was when we returned and I took her to a different room.
The housekeeping issues were not serious but just took a bit of the shine over what is a superb hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2004

The Royal family should stay here.

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"My husband, myself and our 13 year-old daughter stayed here for 4 nights in May, 2004. Our niece and her 13 year-old daughter joined us a day later. We did not arrive till midnight our 1st night, very tired and much needing a bed. We were greeted very warmly and immediately checked into our room. Our room was beautiful. Small, but everything we could want was there. The bathroom was just awesome. The beds were the best we found during our 11 day stay in England. Breakfast was the same everyday and limited, but we found items we liked. The receptionist/concierge , Chantal, was very helpful and very friendly. They say that location is everything, and we believe it. We were a block from the tube station and a block from the palace. We were able to take walks in the evening by the palace, thru the parks and out into the city very easily. The only complaints were that the drink prices were a little high and a complaint from the 13 year-old's that there was no instant messenger service on the computer."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2004

We loved every minute

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Before we even arrived at "41", I'd had numerous communications with Chantal, the resident manager. Our emails had been so warm that I felt my 23 year old daughter and I were arriving in London to meet a friend. We were not disappointed. Chantal was wonderful (including being a surrogate doting mom to me when I arrived at the hotel suffering from food poisoning- she personally brought me chicken soup!) I've never felt more at home in a hotel than at this one. Our suite was perfect, from the heated towel rack and enormous tub in the bathroom, to the overall stunning decor. The beds were comfy and cozy and the room had lots of high tech appointments (tons of light switches!). Breakfasts were plentiful and good. I'd recommend this hotel in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2004

Lovely Hotel - One of the best

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We stayed here with friends for a weekend in March and had a superb time. It started off well when the manager rang me shortly after I'd made my booking. Through no fault of mine, the accommodation I'd booked for my family wasn't possible. They went to such friendly lengths to reassure me and even gave me a second room free - it was beautifully done. That's real customer service. It's a little bit difficult to find your way in - there's a special door next to the Rubens and the reception is not well marked from the place on the 5th floor where you exit the lift, but these are minor quibbles. The rooms are excellent - absolutely luxurious in the true meaning of the word. They're not big, but they are superbly equipped. The television/video/internet access was wonderful and the girls loved it. The bathroom was gorgeous. The bed linen was the best I have ever encountered and I know my bed linen!
Its the only place I know where they leave you both towelling and waffle bath robes - you can take your pick. A candle was lit for us in the bathroom every night, it was all great. We had breakfast in the Club Lounge every morning and it was excellent - the butlers offered us fresh fruit smoothies and they were delicious. Service from everyone was extremely friendly but absolutely first class. Not stuffy though.
You felt very relaxed - as though it was a private club that you were an established member of. There were also board games, books, dvds and videos which you could use. The Plunder the Pantry feature was ok but nothing special - bit disappointing really. I couldn't really find anything I wanted to plunder! Would love to stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending it highly. I personally prefer the Draycott Hotel, I think, but it is a very tight balance."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of April 2004

Hotels near Hotel 41

Stayed at Hotel 41? Share your insight.

Hotel 41 is also called