Holiday Inn London - West

4 Portal Way Gypsy Corner, A40, London W3 6RT England

Good

Great value at a good price

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed there for 3 days in sep 2005 and loved it. Friendly staff, clean rooms, ...much much better than the other stuffy small hotels we found for the same price. It's a 20 min ride on the tube from central london, but with such good public transport of london it was not a big deal. And it is just a 2 min walk from the tube station. This being the last station in zone 2, you can use your travel card (which most vistors buy) for your to and fro journey to central london. And if you like Indian food then you can try some good inexpensive meal at a nearby 'dhabha' (restaurant) or just get a home delivery from some good indian restaurants located nearby. Sumptuous breakfast served in the morning (including cooked vegetables sometimes). If you want to stay in heart of london, this is not a place for you. But if you a want a neat, spacious, quiet, Modern hotel with B&B then this is the place to go!."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2005

Great price, great place

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Stayed here recently. Value for the money.

New hotel. Great rooms with air-condition. Modern Hotel.
Friendly staff, although we had to wait a long time to order food in the resturant one night.

£69/night. It`s like free, compared to other similare hotels.
Took 20mins to Oxford Street. 5min walk from tube station.

Disappointing breakfast. Otherwise PERFECT.

Enjoy."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of September 2005

Fantastic! Choose it! Different for London. Spotless!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My girlfriend and me have spent one night in the Ramada Encore West Hotel the 24th September. The Hotel is 3 minutes walk from the tube station (north acton in Central Line; 15 minutes by tube from the city centre) (when you go out from the tube go to the right, walk 1 minute,then turn to the left :one minute walk and then to the right: one minute walkimg). We arrived to the hotel early at 11 in the morning and the room was already prepared!!
It is spotless, new and really fashion.
The room in 6th floor had wonderful sights. Wood floor without carpet, very spacious, new furniture, air conditioning, great bathroom.....ABSOLUTELY CLEAN AND NEW!!
Very different from london standards....
There are no places to eat around the hotel so we decided to have dinner in the asian restaurant they provide. It was great served! Very nice food. It cost about 35 pounds for two people.
The area is really quiet, no noise from the street or the hotel. Although there are not many people walking on the streets it looks a safe area .
The buffet breakfast was really nice. Fruit, Juices, fresh bakery, cereals, cheese, sausages, eggs, capuccino, yogourts... .... .....
All the staff were very helpful and nice.
When i will come back to london I will look for an offer to repeat this hotel.
It´ s worthy to spend a little more money but staying in a great place like this. Thanks and congratulations to the staff!!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2005

Most impressed!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"The rooms are as the hotel promotion photos depict- very nice, modern and just pleasant! I won't think twice about staying there again whenever I go to London. Definitely.

I booked a triple room to stay with my partner and my mother- we had a sofa bed put into our room but the room still had plenty of room to function.

We stayed there for 4 nights. There was coffee and tea making facilities, a hair dryer (no mini fridge though) and a shared ironing room on our floor (3rd).... and the bathroom was very trendy!

The included breakfast was good- we got hot breakfast for 2 out of 4 days! Breakfast times were 6:30-10am for weekdays or 7-11am on weekends.

The room rate was very good too.

It's a 3 min walk from North Acton tube station (Central Line). If you are carrying luggage there are some stairs involved, just like most other tube stations. Travel time to London is short enough (<20min to centre of London) and it's just nice to get out of the city at night (air is much cleaner).

I booked the room through ---- and got an even better rate from them.

We had no problems with the staff - there was no stuff-ups with the booking either.

I had looked around for a London hotel for a long time before stumbling across this one. Overall, I'm most impressed!

Good luck with your travel."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Awful breakfast and Not family friendly

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We stayed at the Ramada Encore in July 05.
Finding the Hotel was fairly easy, Getting to it was a different story as it is on a one-way system and although I could see the hotel I couldn’t get too it without a detour. If you are driving there make sure you get a map with directions showing the one-way system. Note in rush hour this area is very congested.

First impressions of the hotel were good; it is a bright and modern hotel the reception opens out into the restaurant which is a large open space bounded by large windows looking out over the dual carriageway.

Reception seemed OK, however they had to ask me what rate I had. (makes me wonder what other people were paying)

The room was clean and the bathroom very nice with a good shower.

We had asked for an extra bed in the room as we had 2 children, this turned out to be a double sofa bed. This left no free space.
There was no cupboard to pack away our clothes so we lived out of a suitcase which was a pain since we had no space because of the extra bed.

Breakfast was included in our rate, but although was advertised as a “signature” breakfast it was absolutely awful. It was toast and bread rolls/croissants and jam, some small chunks of cheese wrapped in plastic and a boiled egg if you were lucky.

The breakfast area was a real mess with juice everywhere and people milling around waiting for more food or drinks to appear from the kitchen.
On the second morning we were there my son slipped up in a puddle of orange squash and got covered causing us to have to go back to the room for a full change of clothes (and if you’ve got kids you know what a drama that can be). I went to see reception who rushed off to get the cleaner and then didn’t reappear.
The third morning we took breakfast at McDonalds.

The underground station is a 5-10 minute walk away and Central London is 15-20 minutes away. The trains run every 5 minutes or so.

The hotel has a pay car park, the type that you get a ticket as you go in then pay at reception to get out. Be prepared to wait if you want to get out in a hurry and there is a queue at reception. It was very confusing as I never really knew how much the car park was costing (there is a postage stamp size sign near the barriers on the way in).

For dinner the menu at the hotel looked very nice, although it was expensive and nothing for children. Instead we ate at a pub which was a 5 minute drive away served good reasonable food and had a children’s playground.

In summary, this hotel is only ideal for the budget business traveller. NOT and I repeat NOT family friendly."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of September 2005

Affordable place to stay

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Nice modern rooms, shower room very trendy although not very practical when floods entire room. Walls are quite thin! Breakfast is great, & parking is cheap. Good for staying in London when on a budget."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of September 2005

Relaxing stay at the Encore...

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"My boyfriend and I arrived in London, the second stop out of three in Europe. We were very impressed with the hotel as a whole, including staff, rooms, dining facilities, price and location.

Before we arrived, we called the hotel to see if there was a Tube route that would bring us from Heathrow to the hotel. The girl who answered the phone ensured us that there were none and that we would need to take a taxi to the hotel for around 30.00 GBP. We did as she had suggested and arrived at the hotel, 45.00 GBP's later. You would understand our dismay to see upon our first time riding the Tube that there WAS indeed a route that would have brought us from Heathrow to the hotel - a very easy route in fact and it would have cost us 5.00 GBP total for the two of us. We shrugged it off as the receptionist being new and not very wise for suggesting something she wasn't even sure of.

Aside from that blunder, we very happy with quite a few things at the Ramada:

1. The room was VERY spacious and clean. Since the hotel was new, everything about the decor was modern. We were able to access the Internet from our T.V. for only 3.00 GBP per hour. We didn't like that we needed the key at all times to keep the lights on, but that is the case with all new hotels anyway. We also liked the bathroom - it was spacious with a pretty cool shower.

2. The restaurant in the hotel was pretty good and not too expensive. We also made quite a few trips to the bar, which was conveniently open late.

3. The breakfasts every morning were very filling with plenty of items to choose from.

4. The staff was friendly and helpful when we needed anything.

5. We LIKED the location, even though it was a bit of a trek into town. It was safe and quiet and located 2 minutes from the North Acton Tube station, which is part of the Central line. It was very easy to get from point A to point B with the Central Line.

6. The price couldn't be beat! We booked through Superbreak and got a really good deal, a few hundred dollars cheaper than other web-sites.

A few suggestions while visiting London...take the famous Double Decker Bus tour, see a show in the theatre distict (we saw The Producers and LOVED it!) and bring an umbrella - it rains alot!

Cheers!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2005

Great Price but Long Commute

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We booked this hotel based on all the positive reviews previously posted and they were all correct -- this hotel was great. The people were friendly and the accommodations were good. The free breakfast had a good variety and they kept replenishing everything in a timely fashion. It was a little hard to find at first -- if you have heavy luggage like we did, it might be worth the taxi ride from the airport.

The biggest drawback was the long ride to central London to all the various sights and shopping. It took us on average 45 min. to an hour to get to where we wanted to go. A big part of the long ride was that many of the tube stations were closed because of the July 7 bombings so we couldn't transfer to other lines (but found out too late) so we had to take the long way to get to some places.

Overall, the hotel is great but we might stay a little closer in next time."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2005

Why stay in stuffy old hotels?

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I have to agree with everyone who wrote about this hotel. I booked two twin rooms, one with an extra bed (free for my 13 year old) for 2 adults and 3 teenagers. The hotel is so ultra-modern and clean. My experience of London hotels ( I am not in the Ritz class) is 'Buyer Beware'. You can get a old stuffy one or you can get a bad one!

The Ramada is about 5 miles away from the nearest London attraction. In good times you could say that the nearest tube station, Acton North on the Central line, is only 5 minutes walk away but we, and in hindsight, sensibly took a black cab into London. Luckily, they take 5 persons and cost about £22 so that was OK.

There is really nowhere to eat around the immediate area but the restaurant in the Ramada, Wok Around the World, served excellent Thai and Indonesian food - cooked in front of you. There is also an excellent bar menu after 11am which the young ones took advantage of.

The rooms are new and clean. The bathrooms are very modern and very functional. The only criticism is that there are no drawers for underwear etc and no wardrobe space but there is a system of coat hangers for your larger items. So what! If it had, I would have given it 6 stars.

There is a 20 inch Philips TV with a connecting keyboard for hotel info, films, internet and personal billing - the kids liked that!

Why it is only a 3 star hotel, I don't know but let's keep it like that as it is a bargain. The original booking for 3 nights over the weekend was only £375 for 5 people including continental breakfast through Octopustravel. Where else can you get that sort of value in London without catching an exotic disease?"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2005

Great Service, Clean

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Rooms were really clean and the service from hotel staff was great. Breakfast had a great selection. Location is about 5 minutes from the train station on the central line. It takes about 20 minutes to get into central London by tube. Will definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005

Hotels near Holiday Inn London - West

Stayed at Holiday Inn London - West? Share your insight.

Holiday Inn London - West is also called