Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park

About Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park

• paid wifi
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • polish amenities
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • atm on site
  • paid public parking on site

Ok,nothing more

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Stayed at the holiday-inn early December,hotel is OK at best.Rooms are small,dont book an executive room it is not worth the money,rooms are clean but look a little tired.Staff at reception OK nothing special,staff at breakfast excellent and friendly.

Overall just like any other London 3 star hotel"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of December 2005

Good hotel.

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I stayed there with my wife for eight nights. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was extraordinary and the location is great, as most of London's attractions are within a walking distance (Regent's park, Bloomsbury, Oxford circus, Camden, etc...).
My only complaint is that my wife asked for an smoking room, and even though our room suited our expectations, the floor in which it was located was not as clean as the rest of the hotel.
If you wish to stay there, ask for a non somking room."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of December 2005

Super quiet - esp on the inside

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"This is a pleasant hotel. For its central location, its great feature is that it is super quiet. The roads around it have very little traffic and if you want a really, really quiet room, demand one on the inside, overlooking the courtyard - that way you can open your windows and never hear even the whisper of a car. The bar is a little soul-less, but there are plenty of good local drinking establishments nearby."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of November 2005

Not bad but fairly small rooms

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Stayed here on a weekend in London with my wife, catching up with friends. Hotel is reasonably well located; Regent St\Oxford St is not too far to walk but for other areas like Soho, Covent Gdn, Southbank, etc, you'll probably want to take the tube. There are 3 stations within 15 mins walk of the hotel (the closest is < 5 mins) which together cover most lines.

The hotel is a typical London chain hotel and a typical Holiday Inn, so you know what to expect. It is clean, tidy, service is pretty good and rooms are comfortable. However, the rooms are pretty small for a holiday inn, even an executive room was not much bigger than the double bed (no king here). Fine for single occupany but a little too small for two. Breakfast was good quality but the usual astronomical London hotel prices (approx £16).

Check-in was fast (using Priority Club express check in) but check-out took ages because of a coach-party checking in (seems a frequent occurance). They do have an express check-out but the bill on the TV was wrong so I needed to query it."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of November 2005

who could ask for anything more????

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"First of all, this is NOT an American Holiday Inn. If you're looking for spacious rooms, this is not for you. However, if you've stayed in London before and experienced some of the other hotel offerings, this may be just the place for you.

Location - ideal, minutes from Great Portland Street(Circle, District and Hammersmith Lines) and Warren Street(Northern Line) tube stops, within walking distance of Oxford Circus, Regent Street and Piccadilly (40 minutes), Leicester Square and all the theaters (30 minutes), Starbucks (1 minute) and a great street of ethnic restaurants (Cleveland Street) at reasonable prices.

One caveat - this is a business area and as a result cabs are hard to come by on weekends.

My rate did not include breakfast so I avoided the food scene at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2005

Excellent Location, Great Value!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We just returned from a 5 day trip and we were very pleased with our accomodations in room 629 on the 6th (top floor) of the hotel. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent just a couple blocks south from the Great Portland Tube with 2 other tube stations within an easy walk. Area felt safe walking at night. Close to Oxford/Regent St. shopping area."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2005

Great hotel

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Nice and clean. The curtains are extra heavy, so they block out all the daylight! Be sure to put up the "do not disturb" sign, otherwise they'll come around 4 or 5 times. The staff was very nice and helpful. The location is great...near the Tube and walking distance to Oxford Circus and Regents. Get the room through Priceline by naming your own price to get the best deal...I did it twice..and both times got this hotel accepted my low price. I was charged 3 times more when I booked directly through the hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of October 2005

Great hotel, great location

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Just returned from a 4 nights stay at the Holiday Inn Regents Park. The hotel was recently refurbished so it was nice to walk into a hotel that wasn't falling apart. Our room was extremely clean with a queen size bed, desk, tv, coffee area, closet, and bathroom. I will say the room was a bit small for the 2 of us -- but we're used to small European hotels. The benefit of this hotel is definitely the location. It is literally a 2 minute walk (1 block) to the Great Portland Street Underground Station. There are also a host of buses within a short walk from the hotel. We definitely had no problem getting around. My only warning is if you do not have your breakfast included in your rate, do NOT eat at the hotel. The breakfast buffet is 15 pounds per person! Don't get me wrong, the food is good, just not really worth the price -- especially when it converts to about 30 US. There's a great cafe right by the Underground station (Cafe Meze) that serves a full English breakfast for 4.95. There is also a pub right nearby (can't remember the name) that serves a great lunch or dinner for a reasonable price. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The rooms could be bigger, but we didn't spend all that much time in it anyway."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2005

Great Hotel.

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"My family and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Holiday Inn, Regents Park. We had booked two interconnecting rooms and they were perfect. The rooms were more than adequate, and spacious. Room service was very good and the Reception staff were more than helpful, on more than one occasion. We stayed Friday to Tuesday, so we had the week-end and the week days, and there was no difference - we had thought that the week-ends might be busy / noisy but no problem whatsoever. The breakfast was a full buffet style service with plenty of food available. By night the Bar menu was ideal for us, adults and teenagers were catered for. On departure they looked after our luggage while we went out for the day.
The hotel is within walking distance ( 5 minutes or so ) of 3 tube stations, several restaurants, 24 hour shops, and a few bars. Oxford Street is within walking distance (15 to 20 Minutes), but everything is accessable by tube or cab.
I would strongly reccommend this hotel to any family thinking about staying in London."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2005

Better than recommended

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"My wife and me stayed 3 nights at this hotel and it was the first time that we were not at all disappointed about a london hotel. Great value for money. We got a special rate by 14 days advance booking."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005