Standard Room

great weekend break

Reviewed 1st April 2012

"me and my family have just got home from a weekends break at the holiday inn brenycross on arriving the receptionist was very helpfull and friendly .the room we clean and all made up ready for the kids to sleep on the sofa bed .we wanted to go into london the driver was ready and waiting to take us to the station which was fantastic and on te way back from london meet us drove us to the local tesco near by and returned 20 mins later to take us to the hotel fantastic service we had breakfast and dinner at the hotel food was lovely and the kids were free so fantastic we had a lovely time and didnt want to leave we will defentaly go back there could nt have asked for better service thank you to all the staff that made our stay a great one ."

• Travel date: 1st April 2012

Excellent Value

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"I've been meaning to write a review on this hotel for a while now! We picked the the Holiday Inn Brent Cross quite simply because it was the only thing I was willing to pay for in London! As I'm sure everyone agrees with, London is an extortionatly expensive place to stay! I reserved the hotel over the Intercontinental Hotels Groups website and got an excellent rate of 57 GBP per night. (Excellent when I saw the placard in their lobby which said 'rack rate £180 per night!') For this we were given a lovely comfortable queen size bed (for the same price I could have also reserved two doubles or a sofa bed and a double - very handy for families). The room was very spacious and bright and had excellent double glazed windows which kept out every sound from outside. This was especially good as it was on quite a busy road. The tricky part was to get the lights to work as they give you two keycards, one slots into a little machine on the wall inside the door and when you put it in you can then turn on the lights. However, don't take it back out again as the lights are on a timer. I found this out after removing the card and getting half way across the room before being plunged into darkness! A bit unusual! The bathroom was very clean and was well stocked with fresh towels every day. We had a nice big screen tv with all the terrestrial channels and a few radio stations. The room has a mini bar but it is very expensive, even by mini bar standards. The best part about this hotel is its location. It is a tube journey to London but a short and pleasant one. The tube station is a 10 minute walk away and along the way there is a gigantic Tesco store! The journey to London takes about 20 minutes and the staff at the rail station are lovely. You can buy a day pass for about £7 which allows you to hop on and off any tube or bus you like which is really excellent value for travelling around London all day! The hotel also has a shuttle service which will drop you to and from the tube station from about 8 am til 11 pm for free. We came home from a concert in Kentish Town at about midnight and the area is so quiet and safe. Right across the road from the Hotel is the Brent Cross shopping centre. It has an excellent food court and a really good selection of shops. There is also a retail park beside the hotel. All in all I think in terms of price and location you cannot beat this hotel. It is great to have a wander around Brent Cross shopping centre and then return to your hotel room and sleep in a lovely comfortable bed and know that you haven't paid so much money for it! If you are really stuck up on spending your holiday in London central and can spend the cash to do so, go ahead. But for people who like to spend more on souvenirs than a place to sleep and still get a beautiful hotel room, this is the place for you! I can't wait to go back in September!"

• Travel date: 28th June 2006

SAFE and CLEAN

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"This location is pretty accessible via The Tube from Central London. The rooms are clean and very roomy, unlike some of the 5 Stars in the City. There is shuttle service from the Brent Cross Station, make sure you have a calling card or cell phone handy. The staff are very nice and accommodating. The food in their restaurant is pretty good, but VERY pricey, you can get better deals in the City if you know where to look and are willing to look. Beds and pillows are clean and fluffy. The power shower will literally blast the dirt off of you, no need for soap. You can adjust the room temperature to you liking. Internet is available for a small fee. Shopping is close by, but be very careful of the road way. I will always return to this location for all my trips to London. Lots of free parking. 24 hour room service. Full bar."

• Travel date: 26th May 2006

Average- OK if you get a good rate.

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I booked this hotel on a Spring Sale rate £59 B+B. I am a Priority Club Gold member but did not get an upgrade as i often do at other H. Inns. There are only 8 executive rooms in this hotel and i was told that they were all booked up for my 3 night stay. I was given a standard room with 2 double beds, a voucher for a free glass of wine and a bottle of mineral water in the room instead. The room was small and had a view of a disused petrol station. ( Views on the other side of the hotel are of a busy main road) The beds were soft. I tried both; neither were comfortable for me as i like a firm bed. The hotel was very busy and the breakfast staff tried really hard to keep everything well stocked but couldn't keep up so guests were having to wait for things or keep asking staff. The food was average H.I. fayre. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was better. The hotel shuttle is a 6 seater people carrier. Both times i called the H.I for the shuttle,from the tube station, it came very quickly. However on check out day i had to wait in a queue with others as they had no driver and the receptionist had to finish dealing with a long line of people checking out before doubling as the shuttle driver. I missed 2 trains home as i had to wait an hour for the shuttle. I would have ordered a taxi if i had know but i was told that the shuttle would 'leave soon'. When i finally got the shuttle i was told that 'they had not employed the shuttle driver or a relief as they were saving money'! I would not stay at this H.I. again as the tube journey was longer than i expected to central London, 25 mins. The overall experience also was not one that would encourage me to return. On a more positive note the nearby Brent Cross shopping centre was very good and easy to walk to."

• Travel date: 1st May 2006

nice hotel, nice location....average food

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We stayed at the hotel in the middle of april this year. The location is excellent if approaching via the M1 as one avoids the London orbital. The hotel is easily accessible, staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The shuttle service to the tube was a plus, though necessary due to the distance from the tube station. The free parking at the hotel was a definite plus. The food wasnt something to write home about and the breakfast spread was decidedly mediocre. I would stay here again simply because of the price and easy accesbility to central london."

• Travel date: 29th April 2006

Hernia Repair? Use this hotel!!!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"If you are having your hernia repaired at the British hernia Centre or just intend to stay overnight in London, I highly recommend this hotel. It is in an excellent location, one minute from Junction 1 of the M1, and only 20 mins from central london by tube. The room we had was a twin, all of which have two double beds. The room was clean and the food was of a great standard for a 3 star, the room service menu was surprisingly extensive. The hotel runs a FREE taxi service to and from the hernia clinic and to and from the tube station which runs all day. Our taxi was stuck in traffic, so the manager ran us down to the clinic in his own car! Top service. If you're having an op, reserve a twin bedded room, you won't regret having your own space, away from the wife's elbows, when your looking for a comfy, painfree position to collapse into. JT Notts."

• Travel date: 13th March 2006

Good hotel and great value

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"I hope this is helpfull to all. My wife and I stayed here in June 2000 and again in 2003. The hotel is very good value for money. The rooms are very nice, the breakfast is excellent with a fine selection to choose from. Just a short walk across a footbridge in front of the hotel is a very good shopping centre (mall) with a fine selection of shops (this was one of the first large purpose built shopping centres built in London). The hotel has a courtesy shuttle to the tube (underground) station , which is about 3 mins drive. The journey time into central london is approx 20 mins. When you return just phone the hotel and they will send the shuttle to pick you up. If you have a cell phone just phone the hotel when you are at Golders Green station,saves a wait at Brent cross station. Directions from (1) Heathrow. Take the tube to Leicester and change to NORTHERN line to the northbound train marked EDGEWARE and get of at BRENT CROSS. From (2) Luton airport take GREENLINE bus to London and get of at BRENT CROSS shopping centre ( if you have a mobile phone so you can phone hotel for shuttle and tell them you are the opposite side of carriageway) or walk the short distance to the shopping centre and call hotel from there . If you have children and/or a lot of luggage, take the busal the way to Victoria Tube station and find your way from there ( go into the tube station and go to the CIRCLE line and take a trainn to EMBANKMENT and change to NORTHERN line and take a northbound train marked EDGEWARE) and get off at BRENT CROSS staion. Enjoy"

• Travel date: 4th February 2006

Really good hotel!

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"Stayed here for 2 nights and we were very pleasantly surprised st what we found. Plenty of parking space, relatively easy to find, friendly staff, efficient service and excellent food in the hotel restaurant (this was actually one of the best meals we have had believe it or not) although a little pricey we thought, there was a reasonable wine list and nice atmosphere. Room service failed to turn up but when alerted they delivered promptly, apologised and reduced the bill. Breakfast was huge and very nice. Would definately recommend this hotel with the only negative being that the bathroom although sufficient looked a bit tired and could do with updating."

• Travel date: 27th August 2005

Average expeience most of the time

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I travel to London a lot from the North of England on business and normally stay at This hotel as it is conveniently placed at the bottom of the M1. I usually have about 5 nights a month here and yes the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean,spacious and air-conditioned. The food can be well below average and on the whole for some reason I find the quality of Room Service food to be better than that in the restaurant. The London Tube 'shuttle' is very good when leaving the hotel but they can be very tardy when you need to be collected from the station and returned to the hotel. Previous reviews highlighted problems when attempting to get to the Brent cross Shopping Centrre/Mall - at busy times of day this can be a problem on foot as you are crossing a feeder road to the notorious London North Circular - avoid peak times and you should be OK. There are a good range of shops when you get there but foodwise if you take my advice get a taxi to Highgate or the tube to Belsize Park. There are many good value ,good quality restuarants there."

• Travel date: 13th August 2005

Nice hotel

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Nice hotel in Northern London. Good for those arriving at London Luton airport. We've been there for a night on 6th of November 2004. There is a big shopping mall right across the street. Well, "right across the street" is unfortunately a disadvantage of the hotel. I mean, to get there by walk is quite an achievement. I know that there is the M1 Motorway nearby, but still it's REALLY hard to get from the hotel to the mall or tube station by walk. Fortunately the hotel offers free shuttle from the front door to the tube station of Brent Cross (and from tube to the hotel). Very nice of them. The rooms are quite nice, medium size, rather big bathroom. Clean and bright. Staff is very helpful, food could be better but it's not bad. Great place if you are there for an event at Wembley Stadium (which should be ready in 2007 :)). Overall - good choice."

• Travel date: 7th November 2004

Great place to stay

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"I spent a week at the Holiday Inn - Brent Cross and I have nothing but good things to say about the rooms and the friendly staff. I've stayed in central London on other occasions, but decided to stay in Brent Cross because the room rate was better. I expected to give up quaility for the better room rate, but imagine my surprise when I walked into a very nice room and was welcomed by very helpful staff. Finding my way to central london was easy with the tube station within a short drive, courtesy of the hotel shuttle and there is a mall (brent cross shopping center) within walking distance. The breakfast was excellent although the eggs tended to be alittle runny. Otherwise the food was good. Hey, if you want pizza, just walk across the way to the shopping center for some Pizza hut or Marks and Spencer(grocery store) for sandwiches and wine or other snacks. I will most likely stay there on return trips. You truly get more for your buck(or pound)."

• Travel date: 19th May 2004

Hotels near Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross

Top traveller tips for Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross

• by claire k

"stay longer than 2 nights"

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross is also called

• Holiday Inn G.C. Brent Cross Hotel
  • holiday inn brent cross
  • holiday inn london