DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch

Definitely Recommended

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Best Western Mostyn from April 9-12 and was pleasantly surprised!! I booked a room as a single thinking I would be getting a single bed (thats what most hotels in London give you), however I ended up with a King size bed which was a bonus. The rooms were large & clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I was very nervous booking a hotel in London as most in my price range were pretty much dives. I came across the Best Western in my massive search of hotels and the price was very reasonable. For 2 nights I paid $222 (pounds) which is excellent for downtown London.

The area is perfect, right in the thick of things (just off Oxford Street) but quiet at the same time. Your off of the main street so you don't hear a lot of the traffic or people.

I would absolutely go back to this hotel if I were ever in London again!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

Good Location, Nice Hotel

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Had a last minute overnight stay in London and didn't think we'd get a decent hotel at a reasonable price. Luckily we found good reviews of the BW Mostyn and managed to get a room at a reasonable price for London.

Very central location with good access to the tube, room slightly on the small side but very clean & presentable. Nice bathroom too.

Would definitely come back in the future."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of July 2006

Excellent Location

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I stayed one night at the Mostyn Hotel by myself. The room, though not large, was well appointed with a number of travel magazines on the bedside cabinet. The television was flat screen and the bathroom was clean and comprehensively stocked.All staff were responsive and helpful with the exception of the concierge on my arrival who watched me struggle up the stairs with my luggage ,even though I had a walking stick! Full Continental Breakfast is served in the pleasant basement by well trained,efficient staff. The Hotel is one minute from Oxford St and Marble Arch Tube Station and in an ideal location for all the sights and shopping."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Not my first choice

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Wanted to treat my girlfriend to a night in the city and we'd previously stayed at the Thistle Marble Arch so we thought we'd try there again, only this time they quoted us a rate double to what we'd paid last time. This Hotel was opposite so we thought we'd give it a try.

Got a standard rate for London (£99) excluding breakfast but we were given a complimentary upgrade to a syndicate room. The receptionist who checked us in was very curteous but service was a little slow as my credit card was declined by their machine and I had to pay cash (Not her fault I know, these pdq machines can be very tempramental)

The room was a nice size and with King size bed. As I say it was a syndicate (bed which can be pulled down from the wall) and the area behind the bed didn't look that clean, though the rest of the room was fine. Our room was on the lower ground floor and faced the street, I expected traffic noise but there was none, and we caught the sunrise which was really nice.

My gripe however is that there was no plug in the bath. I really wanted a bath not a shower and I asked Reception if it were possible to get one and they said they would send a night porter to look (It was after 10pm). I appreciate there isn't 24 hour maintenence on site but I would have appreciated a curtesy call back, even if it was to say sorry but we don't have a spare. After an hour nothing had happened and I complained to the night manager and said it was too late now and I was going to go to bed. 5 minutes later the porter turns up with the spare plug, which makes me wonder if anybody had even been sent to look in the first place.

As I say it wasn't my first choice of Hotel, but it was a nice room, and a bed for the night which was all we really needed, but the incident with the plug spoiled it somewhat."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

excellent!!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"We (myself and 3 others, all 16/17yrs old) stopped at the Mostyn hotel for 3 during the easter hols. It was in a prime location, 15 min walk to Madame Tussauds, and a 5/10 min walk to the tube station - absolutly brilliant! we had 2 twin rooms between us, and they were fabulous! the TV had a few sky channels on (not that we ever had time to watch it!) and the staff were very friendly and helpful! weve never stopped in a hotel without our parents before, and we found the staff very helpul, and very patient when we dint have a clue what we were doing! I would throughly recommend the Mostyn - were deffo gonna go again!!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of May 2006

What more could you possibly want???????

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Well I spent absolutely ages trying to find the perfect base for a London night out for my wife to celebrate her birthday. I was trying to balance location Vs cost Vs tripadvisor review and it was a bit of a mission

BUT

I opted for this Best Western Mostyn and I was absolutely over the moon with the choice. The location is good with a Sainsburys express thing up the road for cheap pastries, water, juice ect ect as the cheap rate we got did not include breakfast. You have Hyde Park a stones throw away and you also are real close to Marble Arch tube. We walked into Leicester Square and Covent Garden and the area is nice for a stroll. If you are not pulling too many bags then the walk from Paddington is also okay as this is how we arrived.

The room is small but a nice bed, TV, tea and coffee, a real nice hot powerful shower all made the stay perfect. We were on the top floor so nice and quiet! Check the photos.

Lastly the staff were also really pleasant. The conciege whose name escapes me was bubbly and a funny guy.

So stay at this hotel. We got this hotel at £50 for the night via the BW website. I would have been happy if I had of paid £60-£70 so at £50 this was a steal."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

I can't say enough positive things about this Hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"If you are looking for a great hotel, this one is it! The service is fantastic and the staff were the friendliest in all of England. Vivian signed us in and everyone was very professional and pleasant. I called the desk a couple of times because I needed information for tours, calls, pillows, heat and each time they answered us immediately and in the most pleasant way. Our room was 320 on the main street, but the sounds did not keep us awake, we slept great! The room was clean, well stocked with coffee, tea and cookies, plenty of towels and comfortable and clean beds. Continental breakfast was great. In America you're lucky to have a stale donut and old coffee.. At the Mostyn you get coffee, tea, juice, cereal, yogurt, rolls, eggs, ham, tomatoes, bagels, etc. and all included. We needed to lock up bags and travel with a tour bus after check out.. no problem.. they kept the bags safe and we picked them up 7 hours after sign out. We needed cab service and Ray called and made all arrangements, put our bags in the cab and treated us as loving guests. Hotel cost is very reasonable
$180.00 per night. I can't say enough about this marvelous little hotel at Marbel Arch. There is a great little pub across the street for Fish and Chips named the Three Tuns.. well worth the visit. Stay at the Mostyn Hotel Marble Arch and you won't be sorry. The McIlvaine's from Florida,USA."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of April 2006

Excellant Hotel,Very helpful and happy staff and Very clean

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Great Hotel, Super friendly and happy staff.Very clean Hotel and nice atmosphere. Rooms were good size and again very clean. We will stay here again as a good location as well.Wonderful Steak restaurant a few minutes walk away called 'Black and Blue' mm mm
Bar prices for a London hotel were very good and the services excellant.
The only down side was the Continental Breakfast, The crosiants and rolls were a very dry and appeared stale,but maybe they were just not stored properly etc
That said we wouls still stay again, but skip breakfast.
A+++++++++"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of March 2006

Great London Hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This is an amazingly convenient place for retail therapy (2 minutes from Oxford Street, 2 minutes from Marble Arch tube, taxi rank right outside) with v. friendly, helpful staff. We arrived at 11am expecting to just leave our bags, but the room was ready. Unlike others who have posted, the room (twin room no. 206) was a reasonable size for London, and pretty quiet (overlooks Seymour St, which is not as busy as Bryanston St). Heard one siren all night. Breakfast pretty good, although expensive at 11GBP for full English if not included in package. Plethora of local eating places that are much cheaper.

Our thanks to the poster who mentioned putting your room card in the slot to activate the lights; without you, we'd never have worked it out.

Great place."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of March 2006

I'd never come back !!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Well my visit to the UK was really unpleasant because of the Mostyn hotel. Here is my experience in this hotel:
I arrived on Sunday, room 320. The first night I put all my money into the hotel room safe. Monday morning I left the sign "DO NOT DISTURB" when leaving. When I came back to the hotel I found my room cleaned ... What a surprise - I couldn't open my safe!! Later it appeared that it was opened by someone else and all my money were gone. When I asked the hotel administration to use special equipment to see who was entering my door, it appeared that the lock was broken. The one who entered my room was really prepared - fingerprints were cleaned away. I received no understanding and no apology from the hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of March 2006