Reception

Good
1956 reviews

Highly Recommended

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"My mother, brother and myself stayed at the Jury Inn in Chelsea for 3 nights a couple of weeks ago. I thought the hotel was excellent. The room was spacious and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful when we asked for directions. It was a 10-15 walk to the Fulham Broadway tube station but this did not bother us at all, there is frequent buses for those who prefer not to walk. From the tube it was just about another 10 mins to get into the centre of London. The only downside was the price of breakfast which was £9.50 but with the rooms being so cheap this does not add to much in the total cost of staying there. I would definately use this hotel for my next trip to London."

• Travel date: 1st December 2005

Highly Recommend

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"This hotel was great value and quality for the cost. Highly recommend. Room was excellent – we had 1 double bed and 1 single bed. Bedspreads, blankets, pillows and sheets were very clean. In addition, bathroom was very clean too. Mattresses appeared to be newer as they were very comfortable. Halls were quiet at night, very relaxing. We did not wake up in time for the breakfast in the morning, so I can not comment on that. Bar in the lobby was great for a glass of wine before bed. A minor drawback for some travelers is its located a little bit away from the Tube stop – but it is easy to walk from the hotel (cute neighborhood and shops along the way – very safe) and you can get anywhere in London via the Tube."

• Travel date: 31st October 2005

Decent place

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"My husband and I took advantage of British Airways' promotion on airfare and hotel. We got 2 free nights here. They were both nice to accommodate us and switch our days to our first and last day of vacation. The hotel itself is very new and modern.Our room was clean and spacious for two. The adjoining pub and restaurant were adequate. However, it is situated on the outskirts of everything. You have to walk 10-15 minutes to the Fulham-Broadway tube station. Not great when you are toting luggage. The bus was sporadic and was not as easy to figure out as the subway. We basically used the hotel to launch our vacation out and back into town. I would stay more central to town if I was sightseeing London. The buses stopped running at midnight and you had go to Earl's Court on Saturday to catch the Wimbledon line. WE discovered that after wasting an hour at Westminister. It seems to be a nice hotel but not recommended for central London travel unless you are willing to walk and commute. I believe I read that a tube station was proposed nearby for December 2005. I would confirm that before booking. I did like this hotel and location was the only factor.Oh yeah, we ate at a restaurant outside the Fulham Broadway station. Please pass by TGI Friday and head to El Metro at 10-12 Effie rd.It's right at the top of the intersections after you walk out of the station. It is Spanish food but had a menu to please all. Good band and atmosphere. Save some fish for the local black kitty with the blue collar. He/she seemed quite happy with my menu choice. I was too. Lots of people walking around this area,many single women so it seemed like a safe area."

• Travel date: 15th October 2005

Nice hotel, shame about the walk!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I stayed at the Jury's Inn last weekend. It was very good value for money and the hotel was modern and very clean. The only down side is that it is a good 15 minute walk from the nearest tube station (Fulham Broadway) which becomes a bit wearing."

• Travel date: 10th October 2005

Wonderful customer service!

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"We stayed here 3 nights and were so impressed with the staff. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The hotel is quite nice, if a bit out of the way. But a short walk brings you to Kings Road which offers lovely shops and restaurants. The tube stop was about a 10 walk and buses drop off right at the front of the hotel. When the Imperial Wharf development is completed this will be a real destination area. The Chelsea Football Club is close to the hotel and is a great place to buy souvenirs. While in the area go to the Chelsea Bun Diner a few blocks away-great breakfasts! As the sign on the tube stop says "life begins at Fulham Broadway""

• Travel date: 19th September 2005

This felt like the middle of nowhere ...

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"Jury's Inn Chelsea is a new hotel and although very clean, the room was fairly tiny. When checking in, I asked for an upper floor (for the view) but when I added that it had to be a smoking room, was told that smokers were relegated to the 2nd floor only. For this reason alone, I would not stay here again. Other than that, as soon as the neighborhood development catches up, it will be a very nice place, however, as of right now (Sept. 2005), one has to walk at least 15 minutes to the nearest pub! The Thames is very close by (although, as I mentioned, from the 2nd floor, I could not see it from my bedroom window!) Don't bother hanging the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your doorknob, by the way, as housekeeping will indeed disturb you, no matter what. Although I only paid 49 pounds per night at Jury's, I still wasn't happy with it because it didn't even feel like I was in London, due to the remote location. Access to civilization was obtainable via bus or tube but to me, one of the charms of London (like New York) is that everything is (usually) right outside your door with no need for public transportation. I would not stay here again, due (mainly) to the poor treatment of smokers, tiny rooms and its out-of-the-way location."

• Travel date: 10th September 2005

Excellent value hotel

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"I just returned home to Dublin after spending 5 nights in the Jurys Inn Chelsea with my parents. We got a triple room for 60 pound which we all thought was excellent value. The room were very modern, clean, well appointed and spacious. We made several requests to housekeeping and reception during our stay which were all accommodated quickly and without fuss. The hotel itself was very pleasant, bright and modern. The bar was very open and had a large plasma screen. We did eat in the bar once for lunch and it was only ok. You could get something better in Fulham or Earl's Court. As Imperial Road was closed, we ended up catching the C3 bus to Earls Court tube station most days, and it was then a short tube ride to the city. We also walked to Fulham Broadway station occassionally which took about 15mins. All trains and buses were very regular (every 10mins or so). On our last day, we had a late flight and so we were able to get a late checkout of 2pm. They also stored our bags for the rest of the day. Getting to the hotel from Heathrow was very easy and only takes 37mins to Earls Court. Just get the Picadilly Line direct to Earls Court station. This costs 2.10pound for an adult. You can then catch the C3 bus from Earls Court road to the hotel for 1.20pound (about 10mins). Overall we had a great time in this hotel and would definately return."

• Travel date: 8th September 2005

Great Value

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"I stayed at Jury's Inn Chelsea based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor and I'm glad I did. I got a great deal of 50 pounds per night. It is in a nice residential area of Fulham which made me feel like a local. I stayed for two weeks - from 1-12 August. My goal was to spend most of the time in Central London and just have a place to sleep. The hotel was wonderful. The beds are very comfortable and I slept very well. There wasn't much traffic outside so it was very quiet. The room was kept very clean. I only ate there twice so I can't comment on the food, but the breakfast is a buffet style for 9.50 pounds. There's a bus that runs along Imperial Road #391 which wasn't running due to a water main break, but there's another bus around the corner, #C3. I only used it once because it was raining. I walked to Fulham Broadway station every other day. It's about 15 minutes but it's a very nice walk. I did get lost on the way there the first day. If you follow the directions on the hotel websie, just remember when you get out of the Tube to cross the street at TGI Fridays. The first road to the left there is Harwood Road. Fulham Broadway also has a Starbucks in the mall there, which is where I ate breakfast every morning. There's a Boots (pharmacy) and a Sainsbury (grocery store) there as well. It was also an easy commute to Heathrow Airport and both Fulham Broadway and Earl's Court stations have elevators/lifts. I took some photos by the hotel for your reference. All in all I had a wonderful trip and if I go back to London, I will stay there again."

• Travel date: 13th August 2005

Great Hotel - Great Value

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights from 18-22 July and got a great internet rate of £49 per night. The room was big and bright (one wall was all glass) and had A/C. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Check-in, check-out and a request for an iron & ironing board were quickly dealt with. It’s a (safe & flat) 10 min walk to Fulham Broadway tube and bars/restaurants. It has a large bar which like most hotel bars is a but soulless but at least it stays open till 1.30am if you really need a final drink before turning in. We had our car with us and secure car parking is available 5 mins walk away and cost us £94. It’s expensive but still cheaper than parking rates in the centre of London. Tip: the parking payment machines only accept cash so make sure you have plenty before going to your car! The hotel is very handy for Stamford Bridge (15 mins walk) if you are ever lucky enough to get a ticket for a Chelsea match. If I had to take my car into London I would definitely use the hotel again."

• Travel date: 1st August 2005

Wonderful Hotel

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Our family stayed at the Jury's Inn Chelsea for three nights, July 13-16, 2005. It is clean, new and the staff very helpful. There are no special soaps or shower caps and such in the bathrooms, but there is a coffee maker and hair dryer in the room. The rooms were spacious, and the air conditioning a life saver as it was sweltering hot when we were there. The walk to the Fulham Broadway tube station is pleasant, whether day or night, and only takes about 12 minutes at a normal walking pace. If you prefer the bus, it is outside of the hotel and takes about 20 minutes to get to Earl's Court tube station. We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there in the future. The area itself is one of the up and coming districts of London."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2005