Days Hotel by Wyndham London-Waterloo

• on demand movies
  • romanian amenities

Excellent for easy Eurostar connections

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Stayed here unexpectedly with my Mother lastnight whilst making sure she made her connection to Eurostar. Usually stay in larger and more expensive chains but this was excellent for what it was.
Twin comfortable beds, clean, perfectly adequate shower and toilet, coffee and tea tray with nice big new cups. Ice machine in lobby. Large freestanding fan in room which was very quiet. Plenty of towels. Needs more pillows but these can be asked for.
Staff helpful and polite.
Breakfast not to busy and enough choice with everything stocked regularly. £5.95 if not included in room price.
Windows open, hotel as awhole very quiet.
Main road outside was only downside as very noisy till late and many police sirens most of the night.
Possible to walk to Waterloo when not too hot but cab, which can be booked from hotel, is only about £6.00
For rest of London tubes and buses in easy reach or walking.
Would use again."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

Location & Value

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"I booked the Days Inn Waterloo on the back of staying at other Days Inns in London. I was delighted with the location 3 mins walk from Lambeth North Tube Station. 4 stops to Oxford Circus. How handy is that!! The area is quiet but I was able to have a nice meal with my wife in a decent Thai restaurant over the road from the hotel. The rooms where small but clean and comfortable and so was the bathroom. However, it was clean and the powershower was good also. The breakfast that is a buffet style breakfast was excellent. Only slight issue I would have was the police sirens going off from the police station at anytime at night, but hey, its London!. Could be New York or anywhere. All in all a very pleasent experience. Staff where friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed. If you are looking for great value in a convenient location but don't fancy paying 5-star prices then I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of November 2005

very clean, safe, modern

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"I stayed here with my son, and we loved it. The room was super clean, modern new furniture, large enough, large enough bathroom, fairly convenient (bus #59 takes forever, but there is a tube stop a few blocks away). We usually stay at the County Hall Travel Inn, but I thought the room was much better at the Days Inn."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of November 2005

Not too Bad

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I originally stayed here on a business trip. I found it well located and clean. The staff were efficient and polite. I decided that the location was ideal for a family visit to London.
The parking is limited but if you get there early enough you get 24hours for £10. The room was roomy and clean and had all you need in a room (TV, hair drier, coffee and tea facilities). The ensuite was a bit scruffy but clean. And toiletries forgoten can be requested free from reception.
The restuarant is simple and clean with a meal for all pallets. The bar is limited but there are nice pubs close by.
The real winner is the location you can walk to the london eye in 10 mins utes and an hour walk will take you round Trafalgar square, Palace of Westminster, Lambeth Palace, Horse Guards etc.
So for a good clean central hotel I recommend it. I had my wife and 2 kids and our 1 night dinner bed and breakfast cost £190 including parking and bar."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of October 2005

look around a bit more

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"To sum up my rating, I would not stay here again. I have detailed my observations below. While the size of the room was small, you really can't expect much more from a hotel in a major city, so that wasn't even a consideration in this review.

Bad:
- The bed was extremely bouncy. If you're sleeping alone it may be ok, but it still wasn't very comfortable. But, if you intend on sleeping with someone else in the bed who moves around at all during the night, you too will be awoken (unless you decide to sleep in shifts). This is a serious issue if you are considering this hotel since you're just going to be spending the night there. It's difficult to enjoy your days when you've had very little sleep.
- The drain in the bathroom sink made a gurgling noise for a long time after water ran down it, and a sewer stench would emanate from it when it did so.
- The person at the front desk I dealt with (twice) was rude and unhelpful on both occasions. I can't say anything about the staff as a whole, since I unfortunately wound up with the same person for both of my interactions.
- A police station is situated right across the street from the hotel. Thus, many sirens both day and night, so bring your earplugs.
- While Wireless internet is available at the hotel, you have to pay for it. Expect to spend 5 pounds for 1 hour, 10 pounds (?) for 4 hours, or 35 pounds for a week of access. As an added bonus, the service was down at least three times during my stay for over 30 minutes each time (and that was just when I was using the service)
- The shower is extremely small. I only comment on this because it is possible to stay in a hotel in a big city at a reasonable price and have a large shower. We stayed in a hotel in the historic district in Paris on this trip for a similar price that had a lovely shower. In the shower in this hotel, if you drop the soap - good luck being able to contort yourself to pick it up. The shampoo/soap dispenser in the shower doesn't help matters in this regard.

Good:
- The hotel is rather close to the Lambeth North station. This was very convenient for trips into the city for sightseeing.
- The room was relatively clean.

Tip: If you don't want to spend 6 pounds per person for breakfast, there is a nice little bakery not more than 30 yards from the hotel that is rather inexpensive. This was our source for breakfast for most of our stay."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of September 2005

nice hotel, shame about the noise

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"This is a nice hotel, but my night's stay was spoiled by traffic noise that woke me up at 6.15am. I had asked for a quiet room and I was placed at the eastern side of the hotel, some distance back from Lambeth Bridge Road. If you are at all sensitive to noise, try to insist on being placed on the side of the hotel facing away from Lambeth Bridge Road - the other side of the hotel isn't noise free either, but it should be quieter.

The room and shower room (no bath) were very good for the price I paid (£79 a night through Laterooms) or even the rack rate (£99). For some reason I was given a quad, even though I was a single traveller. Breakfast was okay (£5.95), the usual sort of buffet breakfast, but the breakfast area was over-crowded and some people had to have their breakfasts on low tables in the lobby area adjacent.

Nontheless, the quality of the room means I'd definitely have given the hotel 4/5 if it weren't for the noise."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005

good value

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"The breakfast is of good value (not included in my room rate). Room is small but clean. Front desk is professional but don't expect especially warm service.

This hotel has a great location. It is close to the War Museum and the tube. The neighborhood is not boring; rather you find grocery stores and at least 8 ethnic restaurant. We walked to the London Eye by going through the Waterloo Station (about 15 minutes away).

One problem is that there are noisy ventilation facilities at the back. Either get a higher level or close the window. A police station is to the front so do expect siren.

Overall this is good for those who get out from the Waterloo Station though the station is not really pedestrian friendly."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2005

Good for the money

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"If you are looking for frills do not stay here. For a clean, decent sized hotel on a budget, this is your place."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2005

Best Value in Town

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I stay in this hotel once a month as it offers the best value in town.

You get a lot more for your money and a lot more than the other budget hotels in and around london.

Will continue to stay here until i get a better hotel for the money i pay (i'll let you know when i do). Stay once and you'll see the difference."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of May 2005

Awful welcome, excellent stay.

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"I was on a 2-day stopover in London, while flying between Marseille and Canada, and before leaving, I booked two nights at the Days Hotel London Waterloo. It was an internet booking made through the Days Inn website, and seemed to be a good deal at 48 GPB/night.

Arriving at 1 pm to check-in, having come directly to the hotel from Gatwick after an exhausting flight, I wanted to grab a quick shower and head off sightseeing. I ended up having to wait for almost two hours before a room was free, despite the fact I had contacted the hotel notifying the staff of my arrival time. The woman who dealt with me was excessively rude and abrasive to the point that I seriously considered going elsewhere. Luckily, my room was ready before my patience wore out.

Once in my room I was very glad I had decided to stay. Everything from the bedspread to the bathroom fixtures looked new and while not huge, the room was larger than I had expected. No bath, but an excellent shower, and everything was very clean and of good quality. My room faced a busy intersection and as a result was at times quite noisy. Also, the hotel is very close to a police station so I was a little bothered by the occasional siren. Overall, though, I quickly got used to the noise.

The location is convenient if you are arriving or departing from Waterloo rail station. If not, the area is not very interesting. Just a 5-minute walk along a busy road to the underground, though, so you can still have easy access to the best of central London.

While the quality of service at the hotel was terrible, the room was excellent and the area convenient, if a little removed from the main shopping / sightseeing / restaurant areas of the city. I would definetly stay here again as long as I could get a comparable rate, and I'll make sure to arrive after 3 pm or prepare myself for another fight with the staff at the front desk."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of May 2005