Covent Garden Hotel

10 Monmouth Street, London WC2H 9HB England

Great Hotel in Great Location

Good

"My family and I stayed are just back from a week's stay at the Covent Garden Hotel. It was our first visit and we loved it. Excellent rooms. Fun common spaces. Very friendly service. And in a great location in London. 5 minutes walk to Covent Garden, Trafalgar, Leicester Square. Not much more to the Embankment and Picadilly. The Covent Garden/Soho area right around the hotel is teeming with restuarants and shops. Stays hopping when other areas of the city go dead."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

Our new #1 hotel in London

Good

"We first stayed at the Covent Garden Hotel in May 2005 and it was absolutely fabulous. We liked it so much, that we cancelled reservations at another hotel for our next visit to London in July and made them for Covent Garden Hotel. The staff goes out of their way to know who you are, and make you feel like a VIP. The rooms are wonderful and we look forward to our next visit to try yet another room. We highly recommend not wasting your money at other hotels and to try Covent Garden."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2005

Truly Wonderful - Can't Wait to Return

Good

"Spent two fabulous days at the Covent Garden Hotel. Our king room that was incredibly spacious and beautifully decorated. We also noticed that everything was exceptionally clean and in good condition, we had the feeling of being the first people to stay in the room. The staff, from the front desk and concierge to the cleaners, could not have been more gracious, genuine, good natured and helpful. The hotel has a large drawing room for guests, topped off with a fully stocked "honesty bar". We even chose to escape the crowds & heat of Covent Garden for an afternoon playing board games in the drawing room with a picnic lunch from a local grocery store. Perfect."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2005

Our Best Hotel Experience

"We recently returned from a five day stay at the Covent Garden Hotel with our four children. This was, perhaps, our best experience with any hotel, anywhere. Our rooms were superb. We were uprgraded upon check in, and received two very well appointed, spacious and beautiful rooms (one was suite). The hotel was very intimate and warm, but had all of the amenities of a large property.

The true standout was the service, beggining at check in. The concierge desk was the best that we have ever experienced. All of the concierge staff was knowlegeable, friendly and gracious.

Although we like to alwyas try new hotels, we will only stay at the Covent Garden Hotel in London."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of July 2005

Great boutique hotel

"Have stayed in a lot of London hotels - this is a great boutique hotel for business travel or couples - not for families. Great location, super service, luxurious rooms, great sheets and beds - much larger room (mine at least) than I am used to in London. Lots of nice touches - chocolates, honor bar, etc."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Fabulous hotel

"I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past seven years and it's by far my favorite in London. It's expensive, but worth it. The staff is impeccably trained, the rooms are lovely and luxurious and the whole place is sound proofed well from the noisy streets below. And it's in an amazing neighborhood. Would highly recommend splurging on this one. If they're full, the other hotels in their chain offer excellent alternatives, including the Dorset Square Hotel which is less expensive but has some of the same Firmdale touches."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

The Best by far......

Good

"Stayed at the Covent Garden Hotel for one night last weekend. My husband and I visit London 2/3 times a year for a theatre and shopping weekend and have stayed in many London hotels and regularly been disappointed - until now.

This hotel is by far the best in London. Rooms and bathrooms superb (best shower ever). Drawing Room and Honesty bar excellent, so is Brasserie Max. All the staff are friendly and helpful, consierge guys amazing.

We won't be staying anywhere else on future trips to London."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2005

A Little Piece of Heaven

"My two daughters and I have just returned from a more than satisfying stay at this wonderful hotel. Even before we arrived, we had communicated some requests via e-mail and each was met immediately and without question. The concierge, Abban and David, were incredibly helpful and most knowledgeable - and managed to get terrific seats at a sold out play and dinner reservations at the much sought Lindsay House Restaurant.

Our room was immaculate, lovely and the beds were extremely comfortable. The shower was simply the best we've had anywhere! The Drawing Room and Honesty Bar were a welcomed surprise. Breakfast was wonderful with many fresh fruit choices among a multitude of offerings.

The location can not be beaten with many "must-see" sights within walking distance. We loved every minute of our stay which was marred only by its brevity. We will return as soon as we can."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of May 2005

It's the Best

"My wife and I just returned from London after spending four days at The Covent Garden Hotel to celebrate her birthday. I read many of the reviews here before booking and couldn't agree more, this is the best hotel!!! They have delightfully decorated rooms, great bathrooms, and a fabulous drawing/sitting room on the second floor with richly panelled walls, comfortable couches and chairs, a large fireplace/hearth and an "honesty bar" fully stocked with beverages and snacks. Their basement level theater is outstanding with leather stadium seats and a large screen. The staff is always polite and attentive to every detail. This is the ultimate in British charm and comfort and the location is extremely convenient for theatre going and walking about the City."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of May 2005

Excellent service, take care with room selection

Good

"Service here is friendly and high quality. I would only add that you should take care when selecting a room. I had a standard (queen) which was small and felt even smaller due to the various items of impractical furniture in every available space. The closet was mostly occupied by the mini-bar so storing clothes was a problem. My room had considerable traffic noise from the road, so you may want to request a quiet room when reserving."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of May 2005

Dissapointed

"This was our second stay at this hotel this year, the first time was in August and we had a very pleasant stay, hence we decided to return for a 2 day break between Christmas and new year. The room itself was ok but not as clean as our original visit, the bed was quite hard and the mattress rolled to the middle! I requested a hair dryer from reception on the first morning, only to be told that there were none and to return in 20mins, I did this but still no hair dryer, I eventually managed to acquire one the next morning! Not helpful when I wanted to wash my hair for our visit to the Theatre. The second evening we decided to eat in the bar, we ordered our food at 6pm, it had still not arrived by 6.55, there were various other people also having the same problem, as we were going to the Theatre we decided we would have to cancel our order, there were 3 other couples doing the same thing. It was not at all busy in the bar with a maximum of 25 people in there, therefore we couldn't understand the delay. My husband had paid cash for our meal so when we explained and asked for our refund he was told that the money would have to be paid back onto his card, as we had paid cash we expected a cash refund but the young man was insistent that he could not do this, eventually we asked to speak to the manager who did give us our cash back. All in all it was a very disappointing trip, which after all wasn't exactly cheap"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of December 2016

Great central location

"Brilliant place for a London stay, near the shows, near shopping and next to the lively Covent Garden. Room was very clean, lovely comfortable bed and plentiful supply of coffee and tea from reception. Room was cleaned daily and staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Would recommend highly!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2015

Hotels near Covent Garden Hotel

Stayed at Covent Garden Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Covent Garden Hotel

• PaulOrton by PaulOrton

"Not never ever book anything with this hotel "

• Rugster by Rugster

"Don't expect to sleep much "

• Yorky by Yorky

"Ask for a refurbished room "

• Ian P by Ian P

"Book in advance to get the best prices as if i'd have left it a few more weeks it would of cost me a further £90 for the 3 day stay "

• Parawheels by Parawheels

"If going in the summer, take a fan as the rooms get very hot! "

Covent Garden Hotel is also called