Guest room

• spanish amenities
  • special diet menus

Wonderful

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"We stayed here for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were incredibly helpful; the concierge helped book a last minute London-Eye flight for us and was so friendly. He even mapped out a walking path along the Thames for us to follow to get there (though his estimation of a 45 minute stroll was significantly less time than it actually took). Definitely go to the concierge for any information though, as the ladies at the desk gave some conflicting information on other tourist activities because they weren't as well informed. The location was wonderful; we crossed the river on the Tower Bridge several times and enjoyed walking along the Thames on the pedestrian path and exploring the pubs along the route. We also did a Jack-the-Ripper walking tour which was very interesting and started conveniently close by at the Tower Hill tube stop. The room was very nice too; spacious enough and pristine. We wished the window had opened for some fresh air, but the AC worked fine. The rubber ducky in the bathroom made a nice keepsake, too :-) The shower didn't get very hot, but was confomfortable nonetheless. Overall for the price, location, and service I would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 7th June 2006

Apex Rocks!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed at the Apex City of London Hotel this May over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel in its entirety is very modern, sleek, and stylish. I was informed that this hotel is only 4 months old; its new-ness is definitely obvious. The rooms are in great condition and there were no issues regarding the cleanliness of the room or the bathroom. Our room was unexpectedly spacious; in addition to a king sized bed, there was a small sitting area with a nice little couch, a flat screen TV, and DVD player. The bathroom amenities were impressive as well; a big bath tub and also a separate shower with good water pressure. There were great touches to the hotel room such as the complimentary rubber duck, periodicals and magazines in the room, bath robes and products, and turn down service. We also ordered late night room service and the food was pretty good. As far as the location, the hotel is within 5 minutes of the Tower Hill tube station, on the District and Circle tube line....very convenient as far as sight seeing through the rest of London. From our room, we could catch a glimpse of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London is right there. The neighborhood is very quiet during the weekend but it seemed safe. Apex is an awesome hotel; definitely recommend it!"

• Travel date: 2nd June 2006

Well worth it.

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"A very nice hotel indeed. The position is excellent if you have business in The City, and the site close to Tower Hill tube (a 3 minute walk) makes it easy to get around if you're a tourist. Be aware though that The City becomes a ghost town at the week-end and the underground is going through some fairly major engineering works at the week-ends at present which can lead to part or full suspensions of the lines. Not that this is the fault of the hotel of course, however, given the proximity of the Tower, it is a popular spot for cabs, so there's no trouble in getting around at all. We got a deal at the last minute from the website of the same name and paid £170 for two nights. Superb value. Check in was quick and painless. The room was not huge, it wan't tiny, but you weren't about to lay out a model railway on the floor, but then try finding a large room in any big global city that doesn't cost you a King's ransom. The furniture was spotlessly clean and in excellent order. Very stylish with a modern theme, but not at the expense of comfort. The pillows where a little soft for my liking, but I'm sure if I was really bothered they'd have accommodated me. The bathroom was nicely turned out. The shower head is quite small, but is easy to operate and fairly gushes out a stream of nice water. The complimentary rubber duck is a lovely touch and is now residing in my bath at home. The view from our window was of a office block across the street. However I would say; You're in London! What are you doing in your room staring out the window? Get out there and explore!' Didn't have the breakfast. It wasn't included in the room rate, and seemed fairly pricey. Can't remember how much, but just around the corner is a JD Weatherspoon pub, which opens for breakfast and you can get a nice large full English for substantially less than £5. We have friends in Edinburgh we are planning to visit soon, and we will certainly be looking to stay in one of their three hotels in the Scottish capital. A word of advice for any visitors arriving from across the Atlantic, the weekly fire alarm test is at 3pm on a Sunday, so if you've come over on Sunday and have a spot of jet lag, then bear in mind you may be awoken with a start. Would I stay there again? Too right I would."

• Travel date: 21st May 2006

Beautiful

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Without a doubt this is a beautiful hotel, what my friends and I would call "a -- out". I have no substantive complaints, just a few things to note. The hotel is 1.5 blocks from the Tower Hill tube station which is incredibly convenient. However, its not really close to any businesses that are open on the weekends. If you're looking to experience nightlife this is not the place to stay; you're better off on the West End. I also thought it was odd that I couldn't get into the gym with my key; the note on the door said to ask reception but I didn't ever bother to find out what that was about."

• Travel date: 18th May 2006

Perfect!

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed here and could not complain about anything the room had to offer. The decor was fabulous and the bathroom fantastic. Both the bath and shower were huge! Everything was clean and fresh and I can't wait for another special occasion so we can stay here again!"

• Travel date: 1st May 2006

Simply wow!

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"Just got back from staying here and thought I'd write a review straight away. I was very impressed with this hotel from the start. Hotel decor is very modern and attractive, as are the rooms. We had a 'Superior King Room'. The bed was very large and comfortable. Widescreen TV and DVD also. Bathroom was very nice and spacious with a large bath and a large walk-in shower too. As other reviewers have stated, the shower head does look pretty small and doesn't do justice to the size of the shower itself, although it is sufficient. The staff throughout the hotel were extremely plesant and helpful from the moment we checked-in to the moment we left. I had trouble getting the DVD player to work and the man on the phone at reception was helpful in telling me how to sort it out. When that didn't work he said that he'd try and get someone to come and take a look for us. Five minutes later someone knocks on the door! I was impressed, although I had figured out what was wrong - the cable half-out : P The location is pretty good too. Two minutes walk from the Tower of London and two minutes walk to Tower Hill Station too and bus stops are nearby in case you're out after midnight. Didn't get to sample the restaurant or bar or gym but if they are anything like the rest of the hotel to go by, I imagine them being top notch too. Overall, I would definitely stay here again : - )"

• Travel date: 28th April 2006

Only downside is price of breakfast

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"We stayed over the Easter weekend and got, what I consider anyway, a very good rate for our stay. The room was a little on the small side and the lighting could perhaps have been a bit brighter but otherwise no complaints. The room was clean and quiet, the walk in shower was a real bonus, the bed comfortable, and the whole hotel exuded peace and quiet, far better than being stuck in the noisy West End. Very convenient for both Tower Hill tube and Fenchurch St station and handy for the start of some of the walking tours nearby. The only gripe was the cost of both English and Continental breakfast although a cooked breakfast is available in the nearby Wetherspoons for £1.99!!! Very few people seemed to be having a cooked breakfast and although the Continental breakfast was very nice, £12.50 seems a very steep price to pay."

• Travel date: 17th April 2006

First Class!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Picked the Apex London on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews after scanning some of the atrocious offerings on Lastminute(-) The Apex was excellent in all areas location, food, service, cleanliness and in spite of being busy was absolutely quiet. Will definitely go again. My only (minor) complaint was the confusion over the deposit I had paid before arrival. Ideal for London tourists with the Tower and Towerhill Tube station just a couple of hundred yards from the front door."

• Travel date: 15th April 2006

Loved it

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This is an excellent hotel for a very good price in London. I stayed there from the 7th to the 9th of April and had a very good stay. The hotel was very nice, clean and modern. The room was big enough for me with a little sofa to watch TV. The room was very clean with a tube and a shower (big shower). The breakfast was very good. I had a continental breakfast, fresh fruits, yogourt, juice, cereals, milk, coffee, tea, ham and cheese and lots of differents pastries. The hotel is very close the the Tower Hill underground, 5 minute walk maximum. And then you can walk also to the Bank and Monument underground so you have access to a lot of diffrent subway. Close to the hotel, you have a starbucks, a "Pret" restaurant/fast food. I just loved it and would definitly recommand if for a short in London."

• Travel date: 11th April 2006

Classy, boutique hotel

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We stayed for 5 nights and are VERY picky New Yorkers. The hotel, as I am told, had just opened in November and it appeared as if we were the ONLY guests staying there -- a definate plus! We had a basic room and found it to be very elegantly decorated and furnished. The bathroom was awesome. The gym was pretty basic. The room was VERY clean and comfortable, albeit VERY small. It was very tight for 2 people, but thats London for ya! The only cons: The sheets weren't a very high thread count (and if there were, we were the first people to sleep on them), the pillows weren't very comfortable. The mattress was very firm though and it was a solid bed. The reason to stay at this hotel is for the price, for the quality, and for tranquility. It is located by Tower of London on a small street - about a 3-5 minute walk to the underground. We got a fantastic rate by going on their website. If you get a good rate - DON'T STAY ANYWHERE ELSE. You won't beat it. It was a great stay."

• Travel date: 27th March 2006

Hotels near Apex City of London Hotel

Apex City of London Hotel is also called

• apex city hotel london
  • apex city london hotel
  • apex city london