Breakfast Room

Good

sun hotel closed we lost deposit

Reviewed 16th August 2016

"The hotel closed we have lost are £300. Deposit. Never contacted us paid for this Christmas 2016 stay. Gonna be a lot of disappointed guest. No one has been informed of the closure. Disgusting Tina & Mark Hewlett owners of sun hotel."

• Travel date: 4th August 2016

Never Again

Reviewed 2nd November 2015

"The hotel was in a good location but unfortunately the room was extremely small with a tiny en-suite. The rooms were not cleaned to a very high standard and the towels were not changed at all during a four night stay. I specifically requested a disabled or ground floor room but was given a room on the second floor that they stated could not be changed. The wheelchair would not fit into the room as there simply was not enough space around the beds. There was a lift but it could only take two people at a time and was not always working! The meals were poor and you had to order your evening meal at breakfast time. This was apparently according to the staff to avoid wastage but it is a ridiculous policy. For example my sons pizza was sent out extremely burnt and was not edible .I said it was fine, we could wait whilst they cooked another one but the waiter explained that they couldn't cook another one because they did not have one as it was not ordered on the morning. I we then said ok chicken nuggets or anything would do but the waiter explained that all he could get instead was vegetables .On another occasion I did not get a dessert because although I had ordered on the morning I was informed that they had " counted wrong" and did not have enough so I was just offered a coffee instead. I said I would have any dessert but apparently they had none spare of anything due to their morning counting system. I have never known anything like it. I would go back to Skegness but never to this "hotel". I have never experienced such poor standards of service ever before !"

• Travel date: 30th October 2015

fantastic holiday

Reviewed 9th February 2013

"just got back from a national express holiday at the sun hotel.We had a really great time and met some very nice people.The rooms were very clean,warm and comfortable and the food was well cooked and very tasty.JAMIE the barman/bingo caller/waiter and porter was brilliant and could not have been more helpful,he was always smiling and nothing seemed too much trouble for him.We would definately recommend this hotel and we are hoping to go back in the summer."

• Travel date: 9th February 2013

FANTASTIC

Reviewed 26th March 2013

"just returned from 5 day break with national holidays.this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in in this country. tina and mark are the best hosts and their hotel provides comfort and very good food and is in a great location. the bar area is very good well stocked and "normal" prices for drinks and entertainment as well.what more could you want.will most certainly be back."

• Travel date: 27th June 2010

THE BEST!!!!

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"I was happy with my wholoe experiance of the Sun Hotel as when I arrived I was greated off the coach by a member of staff and we was asked to gather in the bar. We was then given a talk by the owner to inform us of all the fire exits and saftey precautions by doing this I felt well informed about the building and what to do in what case. The room was spotlessly clean and had all the essentials for a perfect holiday, the room was spacious and comfy. The meal were excellent it had lots of choice and the quality was great. You wont be hungry after a meal at the SUN! Thanks, I will be returning!!!!"

• Travel date: 26th April 2010

very disappointing

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"Went for a 2 night stay here and we were really disappointed. The room was very small and gloomy,it would have suited a single bed rather than a double because there was hardly any room to move around.There were also too many "DO NOT" signs scattered around the place it didn't make you feel very welcome. The food was terrible,I have never tasted anything so bland and tastless in my life. It's a shame really because the hotel is in a good location."

• Travel date: 26th April 2010

The Place to be in SKEG!

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"I have just returned from a 4 night break travelling with national holidays and i must say that the hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are all so helpful and carn't do enough for you. Are room was serviced daily and evening meal was top quality and so was the breakfast, I will be returning very shortly and i carn't wait! Thank you for a lovely stay!!!!!"

• Travel date: 21st April 2010

Fantastic short break

Reviewed 25th March 2013

"Great hotel, had a fab weekend, staff very friendly and helpful, especially dean. Room very clean and comfy, food great and fantastic entertainment. Thank you, we'll be back."

• Travel date: 19th April 2010

Fantastic stay

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"We recently stayed over the easter weekend ,Tina and Mark made us feel very welcome. our room was very clean and spacious, the food was of good quality and we had an excellent stay.We will be returning next year."

• Travel date: 12th April 2010

GOOD FOOD GOOD STAFF GOOD HOLIDAY

Reviewed 22nd March 2013

"proprietors and staff very friendly and efficient.the hotel was spotless.room a little small but,comfortable with all amenities. food and service were excellent.ideally situated on front,close to shops and opposite the bowling greens. ."

• Travel date: 30th March 2010

Well worth it!!!

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"I have recently got back from a holiday which my accommodation was at the Sun Hotel in skegness, I am very happy with the level of service that i recieved when visiting. I was welcommed in to the hotel by the owner (Tina), she then went through all the fire produrces and everything we needed to know to be safe during our stay. We then went upto our room to find our cases had aready been taken up to the room this was suprising as i have travelled with nation holidays for a long time now and this is the only hotel that has taken my cases. Dinner was served at 6:00pm, and it just got better and better, we had tons of choice on each course, so their was something to suit everybody. We was asked our breakfast menu at night so we didn't have to mess about sorting it in the morning because it was all ready for us, the also asked us our evening meal for the night time the next day, and this was good because then again our meal was ready for us when we went in the resturant. I carn't thanik this hotel enough for the kindness and genoursity they showed us while staying at this hotel."

• Travel date: 16th March 2010

Friendly, clean and nicely furnished

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"Had a lovely stay with friends at the sun hotel skegness. Mark and Tina made us feel very welcome, rooms spacious, nicely furnished, and most important very clean and warm."

• Travel date: 25th February 2010