County Hotel

North Parade, Skegness PE25 2UB England

basic

Reviewed Wed 19th of August 2015

"Stayed in room 60. Leak in bathroom on arrival floor soaked, reported it told they couldn't do anything till next day, was obviously a recurrent issue judging by the calcification on pipe. Beds not comfortable , windows rotten and run down and leaked when rained plus windows were open and wouldn't close. The lift was damn scary. Needs a refurbish. Paid more than it was worth and more than they were advertising rooms for when I arrived. "

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2015

Great stay at a great price

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"Stayed at the county on an overnighter at an excellent price. Was dubious what to expect for the price paid but have to say it was absolutely fine. Only downside being no meals were available as there was only one chef but it was a fine evening and short stroll to a large choice of eateries. It is principally a coach trip hotel but i wouldnt let that put you off the receptionist advised what time the coach tour was having breakfast so it was easy to slot yourself in between these times. There was also a singer in the lounge bar in the evening. Considering this was half the price I had paid on previous trips it wins hands down"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of June 2010

Great value for money

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Stayed here for 3 nights and it was an excellent hotel. Ross the manager is a cushty bloke and his customer service is spot on. I always believe in you pay for what you get so i was not expecting much for 30 quid a night (20quid on Sunday) but i was very surprised. The rooms are a decent size as to is the bathroom. There is a bar there and you can have breakfast in the morning. It is about 5min walk to all the bars and restaurants. The location is quality. It is along the sea front. If you want to stay somewhere where it is very convient then look no further, The County Hotel wins hands down!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of January 2010

Excellent Value for Money and Service.

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"We stayed for 2 nights and found it comfortable, spacious, brilliant value for money and well placed for all the local amenities. Ross the manager is very caring with his guests, full of energy and totally committed to their well being during their stay. Amy in the dining room has a similar helpful attitude & ideal personality for her guests, positive and helpful. Both of them make it a pleasure to visit the hotel. No, its not new and yes, it lacks the pizazz of corporate places but instead it has an old world charm & hospitality that mature guests will find comforting. We will definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of December 2009

GOOD LUCK TO ROSS AND ALL HIS HARD WORKING STAFF

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"i am a coach driver and took 40 people to this hotel for a 2 night stay. I read most of the reviews that had been written about it and thought (this is going to be real hard work to keep all these people happy) and what a shock we ALL got when we arrived.
the manager Ross was amazing he greeted us all as if he had known us for years. All and i mean all of his staff were so good and looked after everyone so well. The rooms were basic but very clean and spacious (well mine was )and the food was just as good
i dont know what some people want for the money they pay. In my opinion this is a good hotel at a good price............. its the county hotel for gods sake......... not the hilton hotel good on you ross and all your staff MERRY CHRISTMAS GORDON SUFFOLK"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of November 2009

Well managed hotel

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Well run hotel at end of busy North Parade.
Friendly staff provide good service.
Clean and good size room, the appliances worked!
Average selection and quality of food on bar menu.
Big car park to rear."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of November 2009

good clean friendly hotel

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"From arriving to leaving the Manager was top notch asking if we were ok, rooms etc, staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and tidy, bar prices very reasonable.
Breakfast adequate and very quick service, We will certainly use this Hotel again when we visit.
We were 4 adult males attending a Show at the Theatre there."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of November 2009

Barbie and Basils retreat

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I would not stay at this hotel again if they paid me. The rooms were dirty, draughty and cold. The manager goes round the hotel shouting like basil fawlty. The breakfast was sparse, badly cooked and swimming in grease. Waited 20 minutes to have breakfast order taken and then further 15 minutes for my cereal, overall it took over an hour to get to my cooked brakfast. When I asked to speak to mamagment I was told there was no mamager available and hotel does not have an assistant manager, I was fobbed off with restaurant supervisor who looked liked a blown up version of a barbie doll and acted the same. I would not go back to this hotel under any circumstances, I would rather sleep on a bench on beach and breakfast at mcdonalds"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of July 2009

Excellent hotel by the sea

Reviewed Fri 8th of March 2013

"From the moment we arrived , the staff and in particular Ross the manger were welcoming and friendly. The room had a sea view, which could be noisy at times at it was on a main road, but still nice. The breakfast were excellent, catering for any alternatives you required. The entertainment particulary on wednesday, a singer called Dale was very good, he chatted to the guests and got everyone involved! Also my mum was made to feel very welcome, as a more mature guest she certainly fitted in well. Maybe it was the time of year but most of the guests were of a certain age, which is what this hotel seems to cater for.The lift was a little small and guest were having problems to fit wheelchairs in it. The parking was excellent with plenty of spaces! I would book my hols again here!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

We had a good time - the entertainer we had, fantastic!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The hotel was very clean and tidy, we had alot of fun at the county hotel. Basil Fawlty made an appearence everyday - thats Ross the manager to everyone else. The rooms were tidy and comfortable. The food menu is a bit misleading i must say however, if you do ask a member of staff then they will help you as they did us. What made our holiday very special here was the entertainment. It was a sunday night and there was a young singer/keyboard player/entertainer on. He was just truely remarkable. Everyone had a great time and so did I. He didn't just sing to us, he involved us within his show. He didn't belittle anybody or make rude comments. Playing to his audience (the guests) he gave us a mixture of new and old repetior and a few funny extras. He was just truely fantastic. His name was Daniel Craig, well atleast thats what his card says. At the end of the night me and my friends complimented him on such a great night. He happened to tell us that he was appearing there every Sunday throughout the year. I would advise anyone to go to this hotel purely to watch him - and have a good break of course!!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of May 2009

Away Day

Reviewed Sun 24th of February 2013

"Not having booked anywhere we decided to take a chance on rooms being available somewhere. Driving past the County we decided to give it a try and were pleased with the car parking (always important to us). Stood in reception for a few minutes before being attended to by one of the staff who was helpful and friendly and did not hesitate to show us a room when requested. Room was smallish but clean and comfy with great sea-view.
Couldn't really find anything to complain about for the price, nice bar downstairs with huge windows and friendly staff, food at breakfast perfectly ok etc but, I'd avoid Wednesday evenings as this appears to be Line Dancing night (or at least it was whilst we were there) and the excessive noise from the entertainment made it virtually impossible to either watch tv or sleep until it had finished. We were in room 27 and were not amused, telling the duty manager/reception so - to which we were offered an upgrade to a family room but I was too tired to move and just put up with it. Never the less, I would certainly stop at this place again as basically within it's price range, it delivers on nearly all points. By the way, I also found Ross to be friendly and eager to please."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of April 2009

A great time was had by all.

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2013

"Stayed at County Hotel for five nights with group o twelve friends. We all found that the
romms were very comfortable and clean,Ensuite very clean. Food was excellent and plentiful. Staff were very attentive and extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Only gripe, the evening entertainmen t left a lot to be desired, just because we are sixty plus does not mean we want to play bingo, Wednesday evening we were entertained by Steve Martin who was excellent, more of the same sort of thing would have been great. Overall swe had a really great stay at the County Hoter."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Hotels near County Hotel

Stayed at County Hotel? Share your insight.

County Hotel is also called