Room 6 Twin or Double

A lovely weekend away!

Reviewed 6th September 2016

"Very lovely hotel - beautifully decorated , clean, very friendly hosts and excellent breakfast! Will definitely be returning and recommending to others! Thank you Jim and Gill"

• Travel date: 21st August 2016

Friendly B and B

Reviewed 4th March 2013

"We were given a warm welcome. They allow dogs which was great for us. Helpful telling us where to walk the dog. We were in room 4 which was an alright size. Very clean and tidy and good breakfast. We didnt sleep particularly well as were disturbed by noise on the landing (people returning back in the early hours). The fire door they have had to put in to meet regulations does not fit so noise and a draught comes through. Apart from this we had a very good stay and would tell other people about the hotel. Thanks."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2009

Highly recommend, good value and lovely views

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"A litte gem of a place to stay. Our room was bright clean and had a super view. Really good value also with a lovely breakfast."

• Travel date: 4th July 2009

A Little Gem

Reviewed 23rd February 2013

"Stayed at the Craigwell for two nights, 27th and 28th May and can highly recommend it. Booked a superior room on the second floor with fantastic views of the bay. The room itself was quiet, comfortable and spotlessly clean and had a dinky but adequate en suite. Breakfasts were excellent , freshly cooked to order and with a good choice. We were made to feel very welcome at all times. Ate at Pebbles restaurant on both evenings from their a la carte menu. Super food, good service and very reasonably priced. We have payed much more for similar food in other parts of the country. Visited Glasson Dock and ate the best homemade pasties in the world from the Lantern o'er Lune cafe - this very popular cafe still has a 1960's look about it and was full of locals enjoying good home cooked food on the day we visited. Back to the Craigwell - little gem of a hotel and we would definately stay there if ever we returned to the area."

• Travel date: 30th May 2009

Excellent Accommodation, ideal location, value for money, hope to be a regular guest at hotel

Reviewed 20th February 2013

"First time at the Craigwell Hotel. Was very happy with outside of hotel and even more when shown inside and to my room. Staff were very friendly and helpful with an excellent service during breakfast, and served at a time to suit. Room was very clean and view over Morecambe Bay from window was fantastic. Lovely fresh modern decoration throughout and felt very comfortable in room. Pets were allowed and my dog was made very welcome, he loved it. When checking out there was no hesitation to book again in May for another two day break, i hope it will soon be a regular event. Am already counting days to return to Craigwell Hotel. Have been visiting Morecambe since early childhood, Morecambe has had its ups and downs but you can see a great improvement in the area, locals are so friendly and when its a warm sunny day you cant beat Morecambe for beach and views. Feel very close to Morecambe."

• Travel date: 28th April 2009

I wish I could have stayed longer

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"I stayed at the Craigwell Hotel over the New Year. This was my third visit to the hotel and I regularly recommend it to all my friends. The room was quiet, clean and had a beautiful view over the Bay. The bathroom had a good shower and all the other usual facilities. It, too, was spotlessly clean. Tea, hot chocolate and coffee making facilities were available in the room and there were some nibbly bits as well. There was a TV in the room, which worked fine. There was plenty of parking available. I left my car in front of the hotel, but there was a space behind the building as well. Gillian and Jim were the ideal hosts. They know the area well and were able to tell me where the good restaurants are and what would make a good day out. They provide a fantastic breakfast and a lot of the items are "fair-trade" which is important to me. I cannot recommend the Craigwell Hotel highly enough. Do go if you are in the area and you are looking for a small hotel, good value, with a friendly character and an excellent breakfast."

• Travel date: 27th April 2009

Very relaxing stay

Reviewed 24th February 2013

"Both my cousin and I had a great 4 day break late December early Jan after a recommendation from a friend, and what a find! Tastefully decorated and scrupulously clean but somewhere we could both relax and enjoy the break with excellent breakfasts too. Our rooms were well appointed (plus ensuite) with very comfortable beds. Can't fault it or our attentive and charming hosts. We'll be back again when we can face the drive from Surrey!! Many thanks again"

• Travel date: 23rd April 2009

Dont spill your coffee

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"No matter what the landlady says, {and she is entitled to her own opinion) for gods sake dont go on business if your doing nightshift and sleeping thru the day for two reasons. 1. 11am the hoover starts whether your sleeping or not. minor factor but worth noting if your on nightshift in the area as i was. 2. if you spill something, for gods sake take photographs or have witnesses. sounds stupid but at the end of my stay i was almost escorted off the premesis due to the landlady saying coffee was urine!!! fine all week until i come to pay up, then they tried to extort an extra £25 for spilages. personally speaking there are better b&b's at better prices and i wouldnt go back after being humiliated as i left."

• Travel date: 27th March 2009

A thoroughly charming guest house

Reviewed 4th February 2013

"Very peaceful, clean and tidy and the owners were very helpful and they managed to fit us in at very short notice even though everywhere else in the area seemed to be booked up. The breakfast was very plentiful and to a very high standard and a digital LCD TV in the room was a welcome addition, My only small gripe was the size of the toilet in our room, it was very small and awkward but i do appreciate we were in the loft room and it was a little tight. Other than that we had a lovely stay!"

• Travel date: 20th November 2008

Very nice

Reviewed 27th January 2013

"Aside from limited parking, I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. Good location, good service, nice rooms and friendly unfussy service."

• Travel date: 8th September 2008

High Standards Clean and Friendly

Reviewed 22nd January 2013

"As a Consulting Engineer I stay away from home a lot in the course of my work. I always look for a nice place to stay to help recover from the rigours of working long hours away from home and I hit the jackpot here whith the Craigwell Hotel. Gillian and Jim did everything they could to make my stay as comfortable as possible and I now look upon them as friends. The Guesthouse is tastefully decorated, throughout, in keeping with the original design. It is kept very clean and tidy. I usually look for for value for money too and I was not dissapointed here, one bit, I would suggest paying extra for one of the premium rooms on offer such as Room 1, where you can see some of the original Art Deco decoration , tastefully enhanced and complemented. Rooms at the front have the benefit of beautiful views accross Morecambe bay to the hills of the South Lakes. I fully recommend this guesthouse and will be returning myself. Early booking is required, I have found, to avoid disappointment."

• Travel date: 28th June 2008

A special spot!

Reviewed 19th January 2013

"Dear Gillian and Jim, Once more a note of thanks for our lovely stay with you! It was most memorable because of the many little things: a hairdryer, the incredible breakfast: the Irish soda farl, Linda mc Carney sausage (so glad to try it but I am not a fan!) the personal, homy service and - very importantly the clean,clean linens and room. The treats on the tray in our room: the grandkids were very happy with the hot chocolate mix, and I was impressed to find the herbal teas (at the Crown they did not have herbal teas or decaf when we ordered dessert.) And more than anything the personal friendliness extended by you two - especially on the day before, when you were booked for the night, but spend time to show us around anyway! You made us feel very special! Kind regards, keep it up! Annelies and David Mc Morran USA"

• Travel date: 2nd June 2008