Good

service in restaurant is appalling.

Reviewed Sun 13th of November 2016

"My parents have just come back from 4 days away in the hotel. It was their first time and will definitely the last. The rooms were lovely and the entertainment was really good. .The restaurant let it it down. They understood they had to serve ur self for starters and desserts but was suppose to have service for maintenance meal and for 2 nights did not have this. They asked a few times for service but was ignored. It was their 53rd Wedding Anniversary on the Wednesday and still no service for their main meal. My mother complained on the Wednesday evening after having no service to which after waiting 10 minutes before someone came to the reception to which was told no management available. My mum gave their complaint, but on the night after they did get served but this was their last night was too late. My father is in bad health he has terminal cancer so after trying to enjoy what time he has left this has totally ruined their break. I have had to do this review as mum and dad cannot computers. "

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2016

bank holiday weekend

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2016

"Food delicious entertainment very good accommodation poor our bathroom had no towel rail no shelf. no mirror and no SINK! the sink was at the foot of the bed not an ideal place at all. on the Sunday happy hour was advertised in reception and on every table in the dining room £3 off a bottle of wine and 50p off a pint of beer people who went for this happy hour offer was told they don't do. it on bank holidays !! no explanation .We won't be going again very disappointed. august bank holiday 2016."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2016

Short Break

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2016

"Spent a lovely (as always) 5 days at the viking. I really cant fault this hotel at all, We've been coming here about 20years, and we always have a good time,

Check in was quick, and reception staff were nice and polite. The room was a little small for us but we managed,We normally go fora sea view ,but we decided on a standard this time. We were in 246 and my brother and his partner 243, Their room was lovely, so next time i go I'll ask for room 243!

Food was fab, dining staff were very polite especially WiFi . Entertainment fabulous, especially Buddy Lee and Carl Schofield special mention to the bar staff especially Paul, a lovely friendly man,"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of May 2016

Brilliant time

Reviewed Thu 11th of July 2013

"THE Viking is a great hotel without children its all adults only
we have been several times to allinclusive..the staff are great and friendly"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of July 2013

FANTASTIC HOTEL

Reviewed Mon 18th of June 2012

"BEEN going for 17 years 2 or 3 times because they have stop,d smoking rooms went to an other hotel BIG let down you will see us soon smoking or not .BEST HOTEL IN BLACKPOOL WANT TO SAY HI TO ALL THE STAFF you are all hard working and the best service you should have 5 stars long may you carry on ."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2012

great hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"this was booked last minute ,booked sea view room which was roomy clean and excellent views ,read a few reports that bathrooms were small which is true but clean and adequate,with good shower.staff were very friendly and helpful,cheery and polite.meals were first class with a choice to please most,dining room excellent .the only thing i can criticise is no tea or coffee with evening meal,but they do provide iced water.you can buy a beverage just outside door.entertainment was excellent on all nights ,the compere buddy rich ,excellent ,and all acts good.room good size and drinks very fairly priced.all in all this is an excellent hotel in all aspects and would thouroughly recommmend"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2007

Good hotel..

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We stayed two nights midweek at the Viking and really enjoyed it, the bedrooms are nicely decorated and clean. The food is very good with breakfast being served from 0830 - 1000 and evening meal 1800 - 1930 plus plenty of choice. The hotel does have a car park and we had no problem in finding a space. Overall compaired to other hotels in Blackpool this one is very good value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

Love the hotel, hol was brill

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Hey

Just back home from 5 days at the Viking hotel. It was a brillant holiday, me and my boyfriend had a great stay at the hotel. The staff where really friendly especially Dean. Service at the restaurant was amazingly fast and food was lovely.

The hotel is in a great location for the pleasure beach and is close enough to walk to the shops. The night life was good if you like the 70s style go to Flares for a good night out and to Rumours for a dance.

I would definitely go back to the Viking hotel as the rooms where lovely and cleaned everyday and there was no children in the hotel which was nice for a change xx"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2007

No ankle-biters

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"My wife and I have stayed at the Viking Hotel several times in the last few years and found it good value for money. We have learned that in holiday accommodation you usually get what you pay for. Pay cheap you get cheap but you can still find bargains and I think The Viking is one. The rooms are in general clean and have all you would expect in the way of furniture, television, shower, etc. The staff were helpful and the dining room clean. There is a good choice of well prepared food which was served pleasantly by smart waiters. In the evenings entertainment depends on the day of the week (nothing on Sundays) and time of year but it was always very good. On Wednesdays there is usually a talent show for hopefuls of all ages and we have found this a great evenings entertainment. One thing to mention is that the hotel is adults only. Not that the shows are in any way risqué it’s just that the they are shown in a night club type atmosphere which would be spoiled by children running around. Anyway I think it’s nice to get away from the little ankle-biters from time to time, especially if the rug-rats aren’t yours. All-round I think The Viking is a good value hotel.
P.S Also the bar prices are not too steep."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of January 2007

Viking - Magic!!!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Have stayed at the Viking for the last week of illuminations for past three years now. Everything is Magic. Magic food, Magic entertainment, Magic location. It is also a more peaceful and quite hotel as it is adults only and no children annoyingly running around everywhere so you can do everything in peace e.g. having drinks, having meals, watching the entertainment etc. Will always go back for this time of year. Highly recommended for the more mature couple."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of November 2006

had a fine time, great fun

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"we stayed for a week during the season and were pleasantly suprised at how professional the restaurant staff, and particularly the night porters were.led by Peter.
the receptionists were the only area that let the hotel down, but only because they were very slow.they still worked with a smile on their faces.
The entertainment was superb, the compare Buddy lee, and in particular Nicky Newsome were both brilliant, as were all the artists.
the food was more than average, the room was not great but was clean and tidy. and generally the hotel was very clean.
I would .have no problem recommending this hotel to antone who is looking for a good hotel whilst staying in Blackpool"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of October 2006

Avoid this hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I had the misfortune to stay at this hotel last week.

Notable lowlights included the slowest possible checkin (>10 mins - what could be more complicated?!). During checkin I advised the receptionist I would only be staying one night "No problem". So I paid my bill in advance for that one night.

A few days later I see I have been charged for the nights I did not stay at the hotel as well. This was not a one-off mistake - my colleagues suffered a similar rip-off.

Is this criminal or just unethical?

Dinner is served until 7.30 (we arrived at 7.30 so already too late) and breakfast starts at 8.30. So not much use for a full business day then ;-(

Did I mention you can't check out before 8.30AM either?

We tried to get the details of the manager to complain only to be met with rude and aggressive telephone staff.

Avoid this place if you can, tell all your friends to do the same, we will"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

Hotels near The Viking Hotel

Top traveller tips for The Viking Hotel

• Irene S by Irene S

"SEA view rooms are grate . "

• Rita H by Rita H

"If you drink a lot of tea/coffee, bring yor own as they dont leave too much for you in the room "

• Donna M by Donna M

"Tell the waiter staff to make sure all tables are looked off. "

The Viking Hotel is also called