This hotel is now closed.

The Rossi

263 Promenade , FY1 6AH , Blackpool , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe

Hotels near The Rossi

Good

It's all lies

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"This hotel was recommended to us by our son who had stayed a few weeks earlier. However, having read some of the reviews we were a little concerned about dirty rooms, smelly & stained carpets, dog smells etc. All lies, the hotel was spotless, no stained carpets & certainly no "doggy smells". We were warmly welcomed by Debbie, Paul and Malcolm and as I use a walking stick, if asked, they would have taken my luggage upstairs. I like to do my own thing so did not ask. After all this is a small private hotel, not the Hilton. Our room was the 4 poster on the 2nd floor which was adequate for 2 people. Yes! it was a little on the small side and the bathroom was tiny but we were not moving in to live, only there for a few days break ,so this was not a problem and it was lovely to wake up in the morning, open the curtains, make a cuppa, get back into bed and watch the waves. Pure luxury!!!. The bed was comfy, the bar superb and the food gorgeous, what more do you want in Blackpool??? To any one thinking of booking I say "Go for it" you'll have fun, fun, fun as all the staff cannot do enough for you and are all absolutely barmy and good company. We were even asked what we would like Paul to cook for Dinner, and he did, which was a surprise as it's usually "you eat what you get" in hotels. He is a terrific cook by the way. So to all the people who posted bad reports on this site I would say that they should have booked the Hilton, which incidentally, I did not enjoy when I stayed there last as it was too impersonal. Give me a good, old fashioned, Blackpool Private hotel any day with good access to town, good food,comfy clean rooms and, most important, good fun and good company.
We love you Rossi, don't change. Love Sylvia and Bob."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

never again

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Room was tiny considering there were three of us staying we couldn't pass each other.The room was not cleaned while we were there nor the beds made, and when I ran out of loo paper she promised to bring some to the room of course she didn't so I bought my own. Breakfast was good I must add but they did not like taking cheques or cards wanted cash,which is awkward as noone carries hundreds around in their pocket. Also had a heck of a job getting confirmation of my booking and a receipt from them for the first deposit."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of October 2006

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"We have just returned from our 5 night break and can honestly say we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at hotelrossi, Paul and Debbie who manage the hotel are very friendly and helpful, they cooked an excellant breakfast every morning, and it was freshly made, there was plenty of everything and you could have extra toast and tea, coffee was plentiful and it was filtered, not instant coffee. Malcolm is the owner of the hotel and we also found him very friendly too, there was a nice friendly atmosphere with Malcolm, Paul and Debbie. It was lovely to see Debbie and Paul conversing with the children that were in the hotel, thus making the children feel comfortable and welcome. Our room was one of the four poster rooms with stunning sea views, we do feel the room would benefit from being redecorated and a couple of easy chairs replacing the dining chairs that are in the room, but we know if we had asked Debbie, Paul or Malcolm they would have allowed us to borrow a couple of easy chairs from the hallway. But this did not detract from our enjoyment of this lovely room. The Bedding and The Towels were spotlessly clean and fresh, rooms were checked every day, bins were emptied, tea coffee and milk replaced daily with plenty to go at. Towels were changed when used. We can't thank Paul, Debbie and Malcolm enough for our most enjoyable stay. We would like to state that last year we went to London and stayed in a very expensive Hotel, we looked out of our bedroom window into a scruffy yard, not a patch on this beatiful view we had at hotelrossi. Barrie and Lilian"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

Never again

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"After reading the reviews on this site we were very much looking forward to this stop on our trip. We were greatly disappointed. When we arrived a man, whom did not ever introduce himself during our whole stay, met us at the door, handed us a key and said our room was one flight up. We carried our luggage up, opened the door and were very surprised at the room. The carpet was old and worn. The bed was creeky and you could feel the springs in your back when you layed down. The bathroom shower stall had mildew in the grout. The small table in the room was old and looked like it was ready to fall apart. The information book in the room had not been updated in at least 3 years since there were coupons in it that had expired in 2003. We did not see the man who gave us the key until the next morning at breakfast. Breakfast was good and the fried bread was excellent. After breakfast he asked us to fill in our registration paper and made the comment that "you disappeared yesterday". Disappeared, we were pointed to our room and nothing else was asked. He also said we needed to put one of the hotel business cards in our car window or it could be towed away. He knew what room we were in, I don't understand why he didn't just come up and give us the car instead of risking our car being towed. After a day of sightseeing we came back to find a huge load of linens that had been delivered sitting in the entry way (this pile remained there the remainder of our stay, another day). Also our room had not been cleaned even though it was now 5pm. The room next to ours was in the process of being cleaned, there was dirty linen piled outside the door and the door was wide open. This stayed that way almost the rest of the evening. I believe the man had been in the process of cleaning the rooms when the football game had come on and just left everything as is until it was over. All in all we were glad to leave the Hotel Rossi and also very glad we had not booked more than 2 nights. I understand that it was Blackpool, but simple things like a clean room and a warmer welcome should be standard no matter where you go."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

Absolutley FANTASTIC

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"My Boyfriend and I went to Blackpool for the weekend having no plans as to where to stay. We found Hotel Rossi and it was excellent!!!!!! cannot express how good the service was. very friendly and polite. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. it is a very welcoming hotel and the staff are lovely! thanks for a brill weekend!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

Our room had gone!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"When booking a double room with Malcolm, the owner, we were asked to pay the amount in full to secure the reservation. We arrived at the Hotel, only to find that our room had been given to another party. We were offered a twin room in his hotel or a double room in another hotel. So after paying for a room in full, we had to move Hotels without compensation although obviously we had a refund. Apart from this the hotels own website says that it is 'within walking distance from town centre' - it is if you are prepared to walk for 30mins (from Blackpool North station in the centre)."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

Malcolm is a star!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I spent the weekend here with my husband and two young children and we all loved the place.

The hotel is ideally situated along the promenade, within walking distance of the attractions. There is a lovely bay window at the front which has a wonderful view of the sea front.
This hotel is clean and warm and the bar area is lovely to relax in. The boys loved being able to play pool and pacman at night!
You get a great breakfast here and nothing is too much trouble. (My boys have special dietary requirements).
The real star here is Malcolm, who runs the place. He looked after us from the moment we arrived and got on great with the kids. He was able to tell us what was on, gave us vouchers and ordered taxis for us. Even when we were stranded at the airport due to a freak snowstorm, he took us in for an extra night!
We can't thank Malcolm enough for his hospitality and we'll definitely be back!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of March 2006

Fantastic Service

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Hotel Rossi Blacpool
My wife, myself and our cat stayed at the Hotel Rossi for 4 nights in early December 05 and found the service to fantastic. We had a room with a full bay window veiw of the ocean, something we could not afford at any hotel in Europe, (just recently toured Europe). The room was warm, dry and the bedding and towels were fresh and spotless. The breakfast was freshly cooked and the bacon and eggs were of good Quality. The manager went out of his way to make sure everyone enjoyed there stay. All the staff were friendly and hard working, all in all a very relaxing expierience."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of December 2005

birthday midweek

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We have just had a three day break at the Hotel Rossi
and found it to be extreemly good value for money.We enjoyed a room a with sea view, which we found to be clean and comfortable. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. We stayed on B&B and found the food {full english } very good. All in all a good value for money hotel. I feel I must clarify the only animal we found in the hotel was a huge cuddly toy dog that was neither smelly or a nuisance. Cant fault it."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of November 2005

Great Hotel, friendly and helpful

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Me and a group of friends stayed in this hotel recently and i cannot fault it. The full english breakfast was excellent and the staff were very attentive and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it caters for all ages and types of holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005