queengate

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"The room was clean with a new carpet bathroom very small not much privacy as we had my daughter and her friend with us, Angela said we could have the ajoining room for them but when we got there they said it was taken but you could see through the key hole that nobody was in that room, would have been better of them to just tell us the truth instead of lying,It was also very noisey at bed time."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of October 2012

what a [-]hole! i wouldn't recommend sta...

Reviewed Wed 6th of August 2008

"what a [-]hole! i wouldn't recommend staying here!
the room were very dated, there was no toilet roll or towels in my room i had to ask reception for them. there was no tea/coffee facilities. there was holes in the walls & door from where people had punched them. there was damp on the ceiling."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

Great Weekend

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We have just had a brilliant weekend staying at the queensgate hotel, the rooms are a bit dated but what do you expect for £39 for 2 nights!, they were very clean and Carol and Alan were so friendly and up for a good laugh, after a late night on the Friday night we didn't even bother going out on the Saturday night we just stayed in the bar with the stag and hen party we met and had a really good night. We would definately go there again."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

How Do They Do It

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Doris and I only go for bargains, and what a deal this was. Where can you get BB.and Evening Meal from Mon-Fri. for £59pp. inclusive. Beleive offer is on till end of March.
This was our second stay at the Queensgate having a previous 5day break in Nov/Dec. (same price) We found the rooms clean, cosy and with everything we needed, we found the meals of good quality, varied and more than we could eat.
Alan and Carol were excellent hosts and looked after us like family and are excellent conversationalists, anything we needed, we only had to ask.
In comparison to a recent 5 day stay at the Grand Hotel in Scarborough at almost tree times the price, if I'd had the car I would have left on the Tuesday (just to show you I can be fussy) Why this hotel is not full I'll never know (we almost had it to ourselves) So grab yourselves a bargain.
Remember, this was midweek so cannot vouch for weekend stays but am looking foreward to returning later in the year after the caravan season.
Good luck to you all should you have the opportunity of taking a break here.
Oh, by the way, thanks to Liz. great breakfast
Doris and Ray Gardiner."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of March 2007

Great hotel and Party Atmosphere

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"what can i say alan and carol was more than welcoming i was the only single person there on the weekend i stayed but was more than made welcome with the other groups that were staying there especially the group of millwall supporters that were there. They might have a reputation but the people i was chatting with were a great laugh as well as the other groups that were staying there also the entertainment was first class, cant complain about the room, in fact its the first one i,ve stopped at where i,ve had a bath as an en-suite instead of a shower which surprised me breakfast was how you expect it to be all i can say is i will be back to claim my crown as karaoke king lol"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of February 2007

the best party in town

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Just return home after being in the queensgate for the new year had a brilliant time, we were in a party of 21 we had a fantastice time. Carol, Allan and staff were smashing, couldn`t do enough for us. Breakfast was great, so was the evening meal, the buffet on hogmany was brilliant I have been going to Blackpool at newyear for about 20 years now and never had a buffet like that, thanks Carol.We were made so welcome, they could not do enough for us, If you go with the intension to enjoy yourself this is the place to go. 5 star its not but the hospitalitty makes up for it.
Roll on next year.
Derek and his wellies"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of January 2007

great value for money hogmany

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"went too celebrate the new year,myself and 3 children.was very basic, but clean enough,food was fine but maybe could cater for kiddies more, other then that found staff and there family very friendly and thourouglhy enjoyed my hogmany.If you are looking for a basic good value for money and a very friendly atmosphere then this hotel is fine, thanks carol for a fab new years eve,,,"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of January 2007

Great value for money

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I'm glad I didn't read some of the other reviews before i came, beacause i really enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of November 2006

Hotel was basic of basic, but for the price what do you expect?

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Having read other reviews, i understand what you mean. Though for the price per night, you can't expect a 5* hotel.
The rooms weren't 100% excellent but all we needed it for was to sleep at night, we were out through the day.
There were damp on the ceiling and the bathroom window was cracked.
I can't comment on the breakfast as i personally didn'r make it, though the others in my party enjoyed.
The staff i found were lovely, and the bar service excellent.
Though i do have a bad point - 2 people in our party coudn't make it for the weekend, due to family illness, having explained this we couldn't have our money back and wouldn't give the key to the room (which i'm only assuming they let it out to someone else)."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Filthy Like A Squat

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"What can i say about this hotel, only dont go, the place is filthy,
stayed for the weekend the room was disgusting, carpets unhoovered, and threadbare, paintwork full of dust, headboards full of stains, shower room filthy, would not walk in room without socks, looks like they furnished the room with furniture from the skip, whole hotel except bar,really run down, bar open until 4 in morning, no chance of sleep, with loud music, the managers spent all the time in bar drinking, breakfast supposed to be at 9, manager, who does the breakfast still in bed, no-one on reception, or to be seen when people are checking out, i wonder why? DONT USE THIS HOTEL"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

We wanted a hotel close to the illuminat...

Reviewed Fri 22nd of September 2006

"We wanted a hotel close to the illuminations for my son who's 3 years old. The Queensgate hotel couldn't have been any closer, being on the promenade the illuminations were outside the hotels windows.

The hotel service was exceptionally good and the staff were the nicest people you could wish to meet. The hosts were brilliant with our children they even had a little play room for them just off the bar.

We had a family room and the baby’s cot was provided. The room was clean and just the right size for a family of four, which was surprising for a bed and breakfast in Blackpool.

Breakfast was really good as much cereals, tea , coffee, orange juice and toast as we wanted followed by a full English breakfast a great way to set you up for a day on Blackpool’s golden mile. The dining room, sun lounge, and bar looked out on to the beach what were just across the road.

To travel about I would recommend taking the trams as the amusements, tower and pleasure beach are a good walk away.

We will definitely return to the Queensgate Hotel again.

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of September 2006

The hosts were lovely

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"My partner myself and my two children 3 months and 3 years stayed at the hotel and we loved it.
The best thing about it was the hosts especially Carol she was lovely she went out of her way to make us feel welcome.
The hotel room was clean and tidy what was nice.
Breakfast was brilliant, it was a nice surprise as bed and breakfasts, breakfasts are usially un-edible.
The hosts also made the children feel realy happy and comfertable they couldn't do enough for us.
Thankyou Carol for a lovely couple of days we will definatly return!
Emma, Ben, Jack and Abi"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of September 2006

Hotels near The Queensgate Hotel

Top traveller tips for The Queensgate Hotel

• sanarmer by sanarmer

"only had 4 coathangers in the wardrobe. "

The Queensgate Hotel is also called