Restaurant at The President Hotel

Good

not to good at all beware

Reviewed 22nd October 2018

"this hotel should not be open to the public it is filthy all over. the bedrooms have issues with things that need repair they are also filthy whoever owns this place never responds to reviews so they must be proper cowards I forgot to mention about some doors being chained up nobody should stay in this place its a death trap."

• Travel date: 1st January 2018

NEVER GO BE WARNED

Reviewed 18th July 2018

"Where do you begin small lift .sheets stained ,breakfast disorganised. No one to direct you where things are in hotel diner .toilet seatl broken, curtains coming off rail,bath cracked .,shower no pressure. Pay for parking .faulty towers .look just don't go pictures are at least 20 years old needs replacing with true tatty ones.1/2point thats for some of staff cleaners they tried,but just old hotel .fine if old blind or both ."

• Travel date: 1st July 2018

Should be called Faulty Towers

Reviewed 30th September 2016

"Where to begin. 1. Room grubby and smelly...smelt of damp sawdust. 2. Lift straight out of the arc... maximum of three people, ( or two with cases..will not work if the outside door on any of the four floors is left open. This happened several times causing a blind guest on the fourth floor to be stuck for several hours. 3 No coffee with evening meal ( you can purchase a cup for £2.) 4. Evidently being a vegetarian is classed as having special food requirements, so not routinely available 5. low level staff as helpful as possible but management very abrupt, bordering on the rude. 6.Had to buy our own jar of decaf. coffee, as none available either in room, or breakfast dining room. 7. Bed tidied, but not made during complete 4 day stay. 8. Electrics dodgy to say the least...several light fittings in function room hanging down by their wires. 9. Puddle of water on windowsill next to table in dining room. Management said it is because the wind was in the wrong direction, and so forced the rain in through a bad fitting window. 10. No heating in the room. "

• Travel date: 30th September 2016

Not as advertised.

Reviewed 8th July 2016

"The hotel was very cold, especially the rooms, it is advertised as fully central heated, offered an electric fan heater if wanted. windows don"t close properly, noisy & drafty, sat with blanket round me in the evening. The whole place smelt damp & musty. All chairs sagged in the middle, had to sit on the edge to be able to eat, Entertainment, one game bingo 8-30, then talent till 10ish, then 2 games bingo, ?? not all elderly people want to stay up this late but have paid for their tickets. Shower floors very slippy, needs safety rails or mats, toilet roll holder came off the wall when touched. The best thing in this hotel was the food, very good & self service. Basic cleanliness. Would not stay there again. "

• Travel date: 3rd July 2016

my awful stay at the new president hotel

Reviewed 1st February 2013

"Stayed here for turkey and tinsel in dec 2010. As soon as i walked in it stunk of cigarette smoke, the receptionist was rude and unhelpful, the 1st room was up in the lift then up some winding stairs (they knew i was disabled) the room door didnt close properly the carpets were filthy at the edges and the tops of units were lifting and to top it off the bathroom was disgusting . They gave me another room on the 1st floor but we had to walk through the dining room with our luggage with no help. The room was freezing shower and tv didnt work, 4.5 tog quilt wardrobe falling over and minus 10 outside. no disabled car parking but they charge £5 a day to reserve a space anyway but it does not say this on their website. The website is nothing like the hotel, you get what you pay for. I asked for a refund and was told to write to the owner ,so i did and got no answer (3times) so i took her to court and won but she still didnt pay ive been to the sheriffs and they collected it see bbc1 the sheriffs are coming 31/01/2013. owners name mrs elizabeth walsh a.k.a eastview liesure. the hotel is owned by eastview liesure ltd but mrs e walsh owns the company. keep away you have been warned"

• Travel date: 31st January 2013

Blackout in Blackpool

Reviewed 20th March 2012

"First of all may I say the electricity black-out on the North shore was totally unexpected and not any fault of the hotel. However the reaction to the cut by management was very poor. Occurring at 6.15 pm on Friday night in the middle of our evening meal led to the 'headless chicken' routine, where no-one had any idea how to handle the situation. Emergency lighting did function in the corridors, but not in the stairwell of the only exit out of the building, a narrow set of stairs which led to the reception area. This was very dangerous to anyone wanting to leave the hotel. The receptionist volunteered to light the exit with her mobile phone which was too little too late, as my wife had negotiated the stairs, clutching my hand all the way down. I pointed out that the lack of emergency lighting was not on, and was told on checking out that 'fire safety' personnel had 'O.K'd'this at 9.30pm but this was after a suggestion of 'criminal negligence'. I have stayed at this hotel for the last 4 years and on the 'on-line' booking process requested dinner, B&B and the same room, we had previously. On arrival none of the above were arranged and blame was put on the booking agents, which is strange given the system is on their main web-site. A substitute room was given adjacent to the room requested. We had to pay extra cash for our meals on the two nights, only to find that another couple had got the same deal for £49 pp per night. The room was functional but some cleaning issues were left to be desired. However due to the electricity cut, the T.V obviously didn't work but inexplicably didn't work once power had been restored - this was explained as a 'booster signal' problem. Having had my beef about the stay, needless to say it will be the last time I will stay there, I will add positive notes. As always the food is excellent and always of good quality and variety. The staff throughout the hotel were helpful and very polite. "

• Travel date: 19th March 2012

Do not book here

Reviewed 31st August 2011

"I booked up through blackpool breaks in glasgow to stay at the new president hotel blackpool from 1st aug to 5th aug 2011. i was told through the booking company that the hotel had a massive refurbishment which i thought sounded good all that was refurbished was the reception area. when we finally got to our rooms there was myself , my 2 daughters aged 8 and 6 and my friend who suffers from spondulitis and just had a hip replacement. the room was terrible we had requested a dbl bed and 2 single beds which were confirmed in an email from blackpool breaks,went to complain only been told nothing else available and my friend was forced to sleep on a zed bed which has made his condition worse. My 8 yr old daughter is severely autistic and cannot sleep in bunk beds. the food in restaurant was disgusting , 0/10 once again it was self service and also not told this by booking company . i had to take out my friend myself and two daughters out almost every night to eat costing an extra 150 pounds as the food was indigestable and greasy. the room itself had huge wall bracket sticking out/loose wires endangering my family/tv not working/broken tiles in bathroom as well as broken shower door so couldn't have proper wash carpet in room full of dust hadn't been cleaned in what i would say months!!!!! only decent thing in hotel was entertainment tickety boo,tim james and stephanie sparkles went out of there way to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves thanks to the entertainment . Also view of room was back alley not worth 600 quid."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2011

THE WEBSITE IS MISLEADING

Reviewed 18th October 2011

"My stay in this hotel was the worst expirence of my life.firstly we didnt get a good welcome from the staff and when we got our keys we entered our hotel room and it was very dissapointing,smelly,dirty cups,and kettels were very dirty inside,the bed sheets were filthy and appauling two half bottels of alcohol were found in our room. secondly my child was unable to sleep on the bed as there was clumps of dust behind the bed.for health and safety reasons the wardrobe should be changed aswell as the lock to the door and you need to pa five pound for a bath mat that can save your life. the hotel is so bad i wouldn't even let my dog stay there,there are no smoking sign's on the door and in some rooms you can smoke,overall the hotel should be investigated also the award sign given to them should be taken down because it was in 2004 they won it,lastly the hotel should be closed down."

• Travel date: 21st August 2011

Do not book at this hotel

Reviewed 19th August 2011

"Booked a one night at this particular Hotel in June 2011 to celebrate our friends 40th birthday in September - all was confirmed and paid with card over phone. A few days later i called again to upgrade to executive suite (name taken by staff). She booked the upgraded suite and confirmed all date details with me over the phone. Its now 9th August we have a message left on our machine to contact the hotel a.s.a.p. - spoke to a Manager??? so called to tell me this booking as to be cancelled due to staff error (should of been for 2night min). I would give way this was discussed with a member of staff on the first call made to the hotel and she went ahead and booked the night for us. I am disgusted with the member of staff and attitude - i run my own business and if a mistake was made by me I would honour this to our customer without any complications!!! Obviously they want the extra ££££££ not thinking about people that have already booked. Regards"

• Travel date: 10th August 2011

a very bad experience

Reviewed 1st August 2011

"booked the new president hotel for 3nts sat till mon, but on the day before we were due to go my son had a very bad asthma attack and was ill for 4 days, not thinking about anything else i get a phone call from the hotel on the sunday saying take it you are not coming, then said how was we paying the balance,i said for what i explained what had happened and that i know i would lose my booking deposit, but they were very rude and not interested in what had happened, all they said was i should have had holiday insurance next thing i know they took the money out of my bank account without my knowing as they had my card details from when i paid the deposit..no compassion from these people just interested in the money, hope this doesn`t ever happen to anyone else....so they took me for £327"

• Travel date: 29th July 2011

Brilliant time EVERY time

Reviewed 14th June 2011

"My Wife and I met at the New president in 2006. We returned several times, married in 2008 and went back for our honeymoon. We have also been back for every wedding anniversary, and indeed, are to return for our 3rd anniversary in July. Why? Well, simply because we have always had a nice seaview room, which have always been clean with good facilities and never any problems. The food is really excellent, and a credit to the chef. we have always found the staff helpful, friendly and cannot do enough for you. Indeed, over the few years we have been going, we have got to know several of them, who remember us, and my wife even gets a hug or two! The highlight for us, is the entertainment. It used to be in the small bar upstairs, where we had some fabulous evenings just with the organist / entertainer. However, things have moved on to the large modernised Kennedy Bar, where there is now much more varied entertainment, and yes, we have become to know some of the regular entertainers too, who also recognise us and always give us a warm welcome, epecially Steph, the resident DJ and entertainer. We always have a brilliant time in the evenings and see little point in going into Blackpool center. Last time we went, the management even sent us a bottle of wine for our anniversary! We also enjoyed the excellent leisure facilties courtesy of te New President, provided free, at the four star hotel next door, with full gym and pool! What more do you want? In summary, with our experience of sum seven visits, we are at a loss with some of the negative comments, but we are to return in July, and yet again we look forward to another great holiday at the New President. Rod&Pat "

• Travel date: 12th June 2011

A hotel to visit in a few years time when refurbishments finished or taken over by the Hilton

Reviewed 17th May 2011

"Booked a double room with a sea view for 3 nights by phone then rang back to upgrade to an executive room for a kingsize bed. We had visited the hotel twice before over the last 4 years and knew they were refurbishing. Since then we have had offers sent to us by e.mail so as the web site looked good we assumed the reburbishments were complete. If that was so it was not evident by the rooms we were offered. The reception, bars and particularly the Dining room were very nicely done but the bedrooms were not clean and the furnishings in poor condition. It was very cold as the heating was not on until someone else asked for it.( If they hadn't I would have) The executive room with the kingsize bed we requested, no.209, had 2 singles. The bathroom was tiny and not too clean. There was a wet patch on the carpet which my husband discovered when he took his shoes off! The TV was very small, was lob-sided and stood on the dressing table in front of the mirror. We had paid £80 extra for this upgrade!!!!After a member of staff had taken nearly 2 hours to join the beds together we decided to ask for a better room. We eventually moved into the one next door, no.208, cleaner, bigger TV but only a double bed + a single bed and a terrible draught from the ill fitting windows. What had happened to the refurbishments? There was only one light working in the bathroom and when that went we were in the dark. Heard the joke about how many maintainance men to change a light bulb? Answer, 2, taking 3 hours. The first one went to get a bulb and never came back!! Must have gone to B&Q in Preston! We did get a bottle of wine with our dinner for the inconvenience. Now the positives. Yes there are some! The breakfast was excellant. The Dinner, although only a few choices, was very well cooked and tasty. The entertaiment was average. The 2 singers we saw were good.The staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful considering there wasn't many of them. Would I stay there again? Yes in a few years when all the refurbishments were completed and well maintained. My advice, inspect the rooms first."

• Travel date: 17th May 2011
  • ...

Hotels near The President Hotel

Top traveller tips for The President Hotel

• by Andy1234

"If someone booked early for a double bed and a room on the first they should get a double bed on the first floor and to tell there room has ..."

• by manshez

"dont go there stay somewhere else"

• by UNHAPPY FAMILY

"Pull it down and start agin"

• by DonDon

"Do not waster your money"

• by M22RDY

"Never Ever Ever Ever Go Here"

• by treemar

"check in person before booking"

• by lawblynn

"Good for the "Lights""

• by janer

"We loved our short break in Blackpool, but would only go out of seaon, as we prefer a quieter break."

• by riggers1