Disappointing

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Stayed 19th July 2004, one night: Most beautiful Victorian building with some amazing public rooms.
Don't stay here except in a front or side room where you will view the promenade and sea. The view from the back rooms is very poor - over the hotel back and streets, which is very unattractive.
Bedroom was quite small, with just one chair for a twin room - logic? Room facilities and beds were quite good but the bathroom was disgusting - the porcelain was cleaned ok - but the tiles held months of dirt. (Room 352 July 19 2004). (I rate it ‘terrible’ for this alone, which is inexcusable). This and ‘economy’ toilet tissue killed it for me.

Breakfast was fine but the room was very hot. Didn’t eat dinner. The bar staff (No. 10 bar) should be working elsewhere.

A very big shame as it could be so good."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2004

Pleasently suprised after reading previous reviews!!

Good
Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"I was a bit nervous after booking this hotel and then reading the reviews, but me and my husband have just come back from a great weekend in Blackpool. Ok, we had got rid of the kids and the weather couldn't have been better, so that really helped.

We were quickly checked in and entered the room to find a bit of a smoke smell, even though we soon forgot about this. Other than that the room was very nice. It is a grand old hotel so I wasn't expecting plush modern interiors. Only ate breakfast here which was lovely. The pool wasn't very big or the water very clear, but I enjoyed a swim and a steam room anyway.

Would deinately go back again."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2004

Had a lovely time....

Good
Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Stayed at The Imperial Hotel this weekend Friday and Saturday 21st - 23rd of May 2004 with a group of friends including a 5 year old. Thought the staff were friendly and helpful, all said a cheery "hello" whenever we walked past them. Rooms were all fine, clean and well proportioned. Ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and enjoyed it all. The staff even managed to sort out fish fingers and chips (with ketchup) for a very hungry 5 year old without any fuss. The only downside was the noise and disturbances in the coridors outside all of our rooms (3 in total) on different floors, during the early hours. We were delivered room service at 1.20am, which we had not ordered and my neice was woken by a couple playing football at approximately 2am. Overall, we had a lovely stay in a very grand hotel and would certainly return and recommend it to our family and friends."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2004