The Craimar

32 Hull Road, Blackpool FY1 4QB England

Good

Craigs team (Rangers) may not be PREMIER League, but the CRAIMAR is TOP of it !!

Reviewed Wed 26th of August 2015

"Nice friendly greeting by Craig & Paula, puts you at ease straight away,room & bathroom spotless,tea/coffee,iron & small fridge, t.v. & fan all room facilities. (only negative was that the TV remote did not work on all functions, text/volume for two) Nice bar area with pool table & sensible bar prices Carling lager £3.00 (£3.20p in my local)breakfast can only be described as superb, choice cereals/fruit/grapefruit then full English or combination of your choice,plus tea/coffee brown/white toast,a perfect start to the day !!! All in all a fantastic reasonably priced hotel in a good central location.Highly RECOMMENDED."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2015

Had A ball

Reviewed Tue 29th of January 2013

"I was on a weekend with friends from work, we had been before and I can honestly say that I really can't stand the taciness of Blackpool but........ what a ball we had with Paula and Craig they made our weekend with the mini party before we went out on the town and may I recommend highly the Funny Girls Drag Caberet ( the have their own web site) and then the after party when we came back, they are so welcoming and down to earth. I would and have recommended their hotel, at least you know you are going somewhere clean and it sits on the street behind the tower so great location too. Oh and after a great night out look forward to the breakfast in the morning.

Loved it
Caroline Wedgeworth
Kilmarnock
Scotland"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Loved everything about it

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"This was the 2nd time I have stayed at the Craimar Hotel and, having been to Blackpool several times previously, I can honestly say this is the best Hotel I have stayed in there.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and the little touches that have been added to the rooms such as the flower vases and dishes with mints just make it feel like a home from home.
The bar is so nice and your hosts so friendly you dont really wont to venture outside.
If you do, I can recommend the new shopping centre only 2 mintues walk round the corner and for a night out you could do no better than a visit to see the show at Funny Girls.
I laughed so much I almost cried!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Fantastic Hotel Would Highly Recommend.

Reviewed Mon 28th of January 2013

"Hotel Excellent, Paula and Craig very very friendly, hotel very clean and well decorated with the food very good, will certainly be going back in the future."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2013

"My Girlfiend and I have just returned from our Blackpool Holiday

Our stay at The Craimar was an exellent experience,
The room was the best we've ever stayed in. clean, tidy and well kept.

The Hotel is very central, giving you immediate access to all the activities, attractions, pubs and clubs Blackpool has to offer.

the food was very good, with a decent choice of menu and exellent service.

The owners Craig & Paula were very welcoming and friendly, it's the first time we have used a hotel bar and we're glad we did, had a great laugh late into the night and they were both very good company.

Craig, Paula and their children are a lovely family and are obviously proud of the high standard of business they run. I would highly recomend staying at The Craimar if your going to Blackpool.

Grant & Debbie."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Excellent, friendly hotel

Reviewed Wed 30th of January 2013

"I have been to Blackpool on many occassions and have always gone with the idea that you get what you pay for up there and never expect too much.

I was arriving late (1am) on the Friday night and have found in the past not many B&B's would take the booking for arrivals this time of night. I made the owner Craig aware of our situation and he happily waited up on us to check in!

When we arrived I was taken through to the bar area, which has just been refurbished for a drink which was brilliant as I was gasping. A very nice bar, wooden floored, a good selection of alcohol, and plenty of space.

Our rooms were clean and beds comfy and came with a TV (Which was handy as I wanted to watch the Olympics as we weren't going out so we can get up early the next morning). Bathroom was clean as well with shower.

Breakfast - English breakfast :), cereals, toast all good. At a decent time as well (8.45-9.15).

It's located in a very good place, just behind Coral Island which has easy access to the Tower and trams (2 mins). It was quiet also.

I couldn't have asked for a more professional, friendly service. I stay in hotels all over the world regularly, and to be honest I was more impressed with what I received here in a family-run B&B than I have been in the past with some chain hotels.

We're taking our son up to Blackpool next month to stay again and there is no doubt we shall be using the Craimar as our choice of stay."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Loved The Craimar

Reviewed Wed 20th of August 2008

"My son and I Just got back from a 4 night B&B stay at The Craimar, Blackpool and enjoyed every minute. The hotel was a stones throw away from Blackpool Tower, the Sealife Centre and other amusements and attractions.

Craig and Paula were very welcoming and helpful and had we wanted for anything felt Craig and Paula were very approachable.

The accomodation was clean and tidy with an excellent bar area with large plasma tv and even a playstation for kids.

Breakfast was served in the dining room providing a great start to the day with ample tea & toast and a range of options from cereal to full english breakfast.

The room was great with clean linen and towels and ensuite bathroom with a lovely hot shower. The room also had a TV and tea/coffee facilities.

We were able to come and go as we pleased and were very happy with our accomodation.

There's plenty to see and do in Blackpool and we would love to go back The Craimar next year.

Would definately recommend this Hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

Fantasic

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2013

"I stayed at the Craimar hotel on a hen weekend with 11 others and from the moment we arrived the service was fantastic, the owners Craig and Paula were friendly and welcoming and were happy to join in with us, although they have the usual house rules which we respected totally. The rooms were clean and tidy with all the usual extras, tea and coffee, clean towls etc. The bar was modern and welcoming and the breakfast was just what was needed after a long night out. I would recommend this for both families, couples and small groups and would definatly stay there again."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2008

highly recommended

Reviewed Wed 16th of January 2013

"stopped here for a night on a hen night. the rooms was immaculate, the service was brilliant and the couple who runs it was very friendly.i highly recommend this place to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

loved the craimar

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2013

"Just returned from the craimar last night, What a fantastic holiday we had. I was there with my husband and my 2 kids and we had a great time. The owners Paula and Craig were so friendly and welcoming and they certainly know how to make you feel welcome, we have come home having made friends with them. The hotel is lovely and clean and the breakfast is fantastic. The hotel is just round the cornrer from the Tower and is a stroll along the promanade to the pleasure beach. I would definetly recommend The Craimar to everyone. I have booked up to go back again at the begining of June for a long weekend and am looking forward to seeing Paula, Craig and their kids again."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

Lovely hotel, great hosts

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2013

"My girlfriend and I stayed with our two eight year old daughters at the Craimar for two nights in April 2008.

We booked it on their website as the hotel had been recommended to us. A real plus for us was the fact the hotel offered us secure car parking (it was five pound a night but worth it considering there were traffic wardens out at 9pm on a Saturday night issuing tickets!!).

We stayed in one of the family rooms. The en-suite room was very clean and tidy and the facilities first class, the only slight downside was the room was a bit small (bit that's Blackpool for you!).

Breakfast was superb, a great choice and cooked freshly. There was cereal and toast for the kids too if a cooked breakfast was not an option.

The hotel is ideally positioned a few minutes from Corel Island, the Tower, shops and trams upto the Pleasure beach which was great for us, as walking around Blackpool can be tiring for the girls.

For us the real plus were the hosts, Craig and Paula. They genuinely could'nt do enough to help make our stay a memorable one. There was a Playstation in the bar and Craig went out of his way to help set this up for the girls, feeding them with free lollipops too. When one of our daughters hurt her knee Paula did not hesitate to provide some Calpol to ease her pain. They gave us a warm welcome and were always attentive and happy to help where and when they could.

The other plus is the modern bar. Decorated really nicely with large 50" screens and the drink was a good price too. Craig was a good laugh and enjoyed sharing tales about the football in Glasgow.

The hotel was reasonably priced given its location and the overall quality.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Craimar to anyone."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of April 2008

Hotels near The Craimar

Stayed at The Craimar? Share your insight.

The Craimar is also called