Good

good time

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2013

"my partner and I stayed her for a long wkend in aug 08 had a really good time even though the hotel wasn't full we still saw a fair few people at breakfast, breakfast was good cereal, fruit, toast then there was also your full english if you wanted or you could just have a bacon butty etc. the hotel was refurbed around sept/oct last year so evrything is new and it was clean and always tidy. Definately be going back this year sometime."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

Another Great Stay at the Corona

Reviewed Tue 22nd of January 2013

"This is the second time I have stayed here with my family but the first time since the restoration work has been completed - Everything is still excellent and the new bar makes such a difference.
This time my family and I were away for my sons 12th Birthday, I quick call to Paul, one of the owners and a birthday cake was arranged to be put into the room for our arrival (I obviously paid for this on arrival) - chocolate cake when down very well with my son.
Breakfast is still amazing and if you want an extra sausage etc on your plate, then just ask.
Keep up the good work and the personal touches which are missing in so many establishments.
Amanda"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of July 2008

*** Whatta hotel!!! **** amazing!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 21st of January 2013

"Well what can i say...best hotel i have EVER stayed in in blackpool.

upon arrival looked clean, inside was spotless and smelled well nice!, staff were soo kind, smiley and friendly (even carried my suitcase to my room hehe) and my room....omg!!! so clean, tidy, smelled nice, bathroom tha best i've ever seen for a hotel!!! and what a shower!!!!!

bar is so posh looking, drinks a bit steep tho..think one foreign woman was new and kept changing the prices. lol but was really nice

hotel just behind the pleasure beach so ideal if your planning on going there. is like a 5 minute walk! only downfall is that if you plan going shopping or going to amusements etc..its like 15 minutes away or you have to get the bus to town centre!

breakfast was fab, plenty of cereal, breakfast cooked fresh, was well good!!!! and plenty of toast and teas, coffees etc....

if comeing to blackpool i'd deffo do back to this hotel as was well worth the money!!! £75 fur 3 nights. but if i had a little more money for the travel back and forth from nightlife. was a treck!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

second time of visiting

Reviewed Fri 25th of January 2013

"This was our second visit this year to the Corona and it was just as excellent as the first time. The staff in the breakfast lounge are curtious and dont keep you waiting and the food is cooked to perfection. The owners are there on hand all the time if you need them and are only to happy to help you. The beds are so comfortable its hard to get up in the morning!! I havent a bad word to say about this establishment and dont think anyone else will either!!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of June 2008

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2013

"Had a fantastic weekend at the Corona Hotel, Blackpool for my Grandparents Golden Wedding Anniversary. Paul and Richard the hotel owners made the weekend extra special, being fantastic hosts.

We had a lovely breakfast and a 3 course evening meal, with great choice and value for money. The rooms were extremely clean with tea and coffee facilities and a tv.

Great location for walking to the Pleasure Beach, but far enough away that you didn't hear anything at the hotel with no bars or clubs nearby. We went out on our last night into the heart of blackpool which was a short, cheap taxi drive away. Therefore you have the best of both worlds!

Throughout Blackpool there are bigger hotels but there can't be a better hotel to stay at."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2008

FAB!!!

Reviewed Thu 17th of January 2013

"The hotel is excellent and the room was very very clean we would definitely stay again. My only draw back the room was a tad too small for a couple but more than adequate for a single person. Unfortunately we booked last minute ( Bank Holiday ) next time l would I would book more in advance and ask for a bigger room . The breakfast was grilled and very healthy, had a second helping ...it was that good. The two guys who own and run it are very friendly and accommodating. Parking was no problem. The Pleasure Beach is a stones throw away which was great on the feet! To be honest we thought we would hear the noise from the park but it was sooooo quiet. I would recommend this hotel. Check out their website what you see is what you get."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of May 2008

Excellent hospitality

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"Family of four plus two adults, stayed in a family room and a double room.

We decided to stay at the Corona after booking tickets for a show at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool.

When we arrived we were greeted by one of the owners who booked us in – what a lovely warm reception. We were shown to our rooms which were very warm, clean and tidy as was the rest of the hotel.

There was an excellent choice from the breakfast menu, which was included in the cost of our stay.

We also opted for a meal on New Years day which was really superb.

The hotel owners have recently purchased the adjoining hotel so major work had been completed which was to a high standard.

The owners and staff were very friendly and hospitality was excellent.

We would definitely stay again. Brilliant value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

Really nice hotel, very friendly -

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"On arrival we saw scaffolding outside the hotel and thought should we go in - but glad we did - really nice, clean and pleasant once inside. Room was small but clean and tidy, other room was clean and tidy but in need of redecorating. They had just bought over hotel next door and the rooms are still to be done on that side. Breakfast was excellent. Good choices in bar meals - really good idea to have bar meals instead of set dinners.

We have always stayed up the top end and on the front but will now stay here as it is so much quieter."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

A good nights stay at the Corona.

Good
Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Warm is an accurate description of this establishment. This is from the greeting received on arrival to the cosy theme feeling of the infrastructure. I only stayed the one night but from this brief encounter I would certainly go back. The room was pleasent and fairly spacious. The en-suite was of a good standard and served its purpose well. Although no drinks were took in the hotel bar or lounge it certainly had an inviting warm appeal to it which would endoubtedly be a good place to pass some time of an evening. As for breakfast the dinning room was well organised and the meal itself was good and plentiful. I would recommend to anyone looking to stop on South Shore that they go to the Corona. However there is a side of caution to this. This being when it is the height of the season it is within a stones throw of the Pleasure Beach so no doubt will be very noisy late into the night. Therefore I conclude that if its quiet you wish for then North Shore may be a better choice."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of February 2007

Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Just back from a weekend at the Corona, we saw an advert in the Sunday paper and after discounting a few other hotels plumped for this one. Excellent value for money and my girls aged 12 & 13 still qualified as children so they were half price. Five minute walk from the pleasure beach and ample parking on the street. The owners were most welcoming, superb hosts and the breakfasts gianormous, enough to last us until tea time. Evening meal was superb and excellent value. Would thouroughly recommend and if ever decide to go back to Blackpool will book in again."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of August 2006