Good

Blackpool.......Probably the last place in the UK that we would ever go.......

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"Blackpool.......Probably the last place in the UK that we would ever consider going.....is coming up from tomorrow evening for us!!!. We're going only because it's pretty much midway between Motherwell and Stourbridge - so distance wise ideal to meet up with our son and his partner for a few days.

They chose the Carousel Hotel for us all to stay.......so watch this space for our coming review.......our last break being 11 nights in an All Inclusive resort in St Lucia in early March......''it will be interesting to say the least"!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of April 2013

Couldnt have been better!!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"I decided to have my Wedding at the Carousel Hotel on the 12th June 2010. We picked this venue because It was by far the nicest we had seen, the room was bright and clean. From the moment we made our initial enquiry the staff could do no more for us, nothing was too much trouble!!! Most of the guests booked a room and stayed over the night of the wedding. All guests stated that the rooms they were given were lovely, we heard only compliments. The staff were so nice! We got to know them all and we felt that the friendliness they showed really added an extra special detail to our stay. I (the bride) stayed at the hotel the night before my big day (complimentary) I stayed the night of the wedding with the groom and then the groom and I stayed one more night because we were having such a good time! As a hotel guest I found the rooms clean, well maitained and I liked the added touch of the biscuits! The breakfast's were lovely! Evening meals very good value for money yummy too!!! As a Bride I couldnt have asked for more! I had the most amazing day the hotel catered to my every need no matter how small, the day ran like clockwork and all the guests said it was the best wedding they had been to!!! I would recommend the Carousel Hotel and its team time and time again!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: Sun 18th of July 2010

Stayed at Carousel in Oct for two nights...

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2007

"Stayed at Carousel in Oct for two nights to see the lights. We found this modern looking hotel very good. The rooms were large and very clean.

The food was good, the only thing that was wrong was that they had 104 people in that hotel for that week end and the dining room only took 74 people, yes you got it, it seemed everyone turned up at once, now there were two groups in, I would have staggered breakfast.

The good side of this hotel was the bar stayed open till three in the morning and you could get food twenty four seven for your room. The staff was very friendly.

The trams stopped outside the hotel so did the buses. And it was a good job they did, as it was three miles to the tower.

I did feel sorry for the coach drivers who had to take the coach to the car park the other side of the funfair. The hotel said they could put a mini bus round back not a big coach if they had thought all the cars outside the hotel could have been put at back of hotel leaving room for coaches to park outside hotel at front on the little slip road."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

The hotel was good and the rooms were sp...

Reviewed Sat 21st of October 2006

"The hotel was good and the rooms were spacious and clean, en-suite lovely. Parking was not great. You can either park out front on the street or round the back but the car park is only fit to take approx a dozen or so cars.

We were on the first floor and were awoken at about 7ish by the bass sound of what we thought was a boom box being played under us. It turns out that the music system for the hotel is speakers built into the ceiling and it was the sound from these coming up through the floor under us. Not loud but loud enough to wake both of us!

Not put us off though, brekkie was good too. Buffet style and plenty of choice with cereal, fruit, toast and cooked brekkie on offer with fruit juices various teas and coffee.

Dinner menu not too badly priced either and the bar prices were in comparison to hotel prices. We walked up to the south pier (about 5ish mins walk) and had a drink in town as it is cheaper."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of October 2006

Not as good as it was before :(

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel from Monday bank holiday to Thursday 31st August, after having stayed here back in June. Unfortunatly the experiece wasn't quite as good as it was before, but I would still recommend the hotel for the price.

First the problems - the room wasn't very clean. The carpet desperatly needed vaccuming, duvet had fairly large stains on it and the room just felt a bit dirty. Also, the plug in the bathroom didn't work - it's one of those where you push the plunger down to pull the plug up, and this was broken. In fairness though, this was reparied within an hour of us reporting it. The other problem we had was that the room wasn't serviced on one of the days!

Despite the problems, we still enjoyed our stay, it just wasn't quite as good as last time. The hotel is located close enough to everything to walk it, yet far enough away to be away from the hustle and bustle of the town. The breakfast was a lovely buffet which was very hot and had more than enough choice. You can see my earlier review further down the page for more details too.

Overall, good, but it's been better before."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of September 2006

First Class

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Superb Modern Hotel, excellent rooms and great food with polite and pleasant service. Perhaps the best hotel in the area, much better than some of the suppose 4 star ones!!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

nice hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"my husband and myself have just returned from a weekend at this hotel.
Rooms lovely, clean and tidy.
Breakfast ok buffet style.
We came to blackpool for the weekend to watch the England match,so we went out in the afternoon had brilliant time(apart from us losing), we then returned back to the hotel around 11pm only to be told that we couldnt have another drink because i had, had enough to drink.
I was told this because as i got out of the taxi i bumped my head!!!!
As i suffer from angina and only drink in moderation this bump could not have had anything to do with being inebriated.
This hotel is ok if you want a very quiet time.

Ps watch your head.

PPS we did get another drink and lots of apologies(i cant have been that bad)."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Fantastic breakfast!

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Stayed in this hotel for one night with my boyfriend on 16 June 2006. The room was not too small and was very clean with a spotless shower room. The shower was very good too, although a little on the small side!
Our bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel is positioned nicely away from the madness of Blackpool, which is great. There is no noise at night and very little in the day.
As previous guests have said, the lift is old fashioned but we did not have any problems with it...it's common courtesy to close the door after you.
The staff were helpful and friendly enough.
The breakfast was wonderful, you have so much to choose from, cereals, juices, croissants, breads, yoghurts, pastries not to mention all the usual full english breakfast stuff....and you can help yourself so you can eat as much or as little as you want...very very good value!
The only downside is that the bedroom window is small so you can't get a lot of air into the room which is a bit of a problem because it gets very warm. Some air conditioning in the rooms would be an idea. This really is my only gripe. Super hotel, I would go back again!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

You could do worse here

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"This could be seen as the incarnation of 3-star-dom. Not in the gutter of the hostelry business but also a galactic distance from greatness. My room was probably the smallest I have ever stayed in. 2 feet (ca. 60 cm) of space either side and in front of the bed – that was it. Perhaps more a large cupboard than a small room. Incidentally, said cupboard was impersonated by an open space in the wall. Don’t ask what size the bathroom was. So no swinging the proverbial cat then.

However, everything was clean and still looked reasonably fresh after the 2004 refurbishment. Most staff are attentive and friendly. Breakfast is not too bad for what one might expect under the circumstances.

All in all, if you are in the unfortunate situation of having to stay in Blackpool this is – for one or two nights on a business trip – quite acceptable."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

Modern, clean, spacious

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Booked this hotel 'blindly' and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The room we had was a lovely family room, very spacious and very clean. A lovely big bathroom and power shower, tea making facilities and biscuits, really more of a 4 star than a 3 star.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and also had a lovely bar area and room for kids to run around in. It was 5 minutes walk from the pleasure beach and great for kids. I would definitely recommend it. Another member of our family went to a 3 *** 'hole' with paper thin walls, mouldy shower etc. so we realised how lucky we were.
The pleasure beach was great vlaue for money. For the younger kids (under 8) I'd recommend buying the Beavers Creek ticket on the first day and then the family ticket on the second day when you get your bearings and they're bored. As for the swimming/water world place opposite the beach (forget the name of it) it was a waste of money - very expensive, queues everywhere (20 minutes plus to get onto the water slides) - longer queues than in the pleasure beach. Save your money, avoid it."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of May 2006

Good Hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"First impressions of the foyer was lovely, clean, and the reception staff were nice and welcoming. The room was lovely and spacious and very clean. The lift was a wonderful period piece and was such a nostalgic conversation opener! Personally, we thought its 1930's romanticism put its modern-day counterparts to shame (the fact that people had to rely on other people's common courtesy to close the lift themselves after they had finished with it, only serves to illustrate that we can all benefit from the manners of yesteryear!).

The evening meal was a hodgepotch of flavours just waiting to be made a dish of! It was disgusting and the staff were a nuisance-there were no breaks between courses and we felt rushed!

However, the buffet breakfast was well-presented and the food was excellent! Again, the resteraunt staff let the side down and constantly milled round everyone like annoying flies! Maybe there should be a facility for self-service tea and coffee to cut down the amount of traffic in an area where you should be able to relax and eat in relative comfort.

Having said this, we would probably stay in the hotel again but only for bed and breakfast and book an evening meal out."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of April 2006

Take earplugs!!!

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"The Carousel hotel in blackool appeared at first a lovely hotel. How ever when we arrived there was no electricity through out the hotel and so we spent the first part of our night in a pitch dark room. Then when the power did come back on we found there was a large wedding function in the hotel and our room was situated directly above the function room! The room was actually shaking from the noise of the cheesiest DJ in the world and when we asked to be moved the manager offered us a single room that he though would be okay for me and my very tall partner. I informed him the bed was far too small even for one of us and he informed us it did have a see view though! So to cut a long story short we had to stay out of the hotel till after 1 to avoid the noise. On the good side the hotel rooms were nicely decorated and the buffet breakfast in the morning was lovely,I would just advice you to phone ahead first, when making a booking for this hotel and make sure there are no function on."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of December 2005

Hotels near The Carousel Hotel

Top traveller tips for The Carousel Hotel

• Lynda6 by Lynda6

"Don't expect any consideration or interest if you complain blatantly ignored "

The Carousel Hotel is also called