Good

Hotelier verbally abusive to me and my son!

Reviewed Thu 9th of June 2011

"We booked the Bromley hotel via Hotel.com as a last minute booking. The room along with other hotels on the website was showing as summer sale. I filled in booking form including my sons age and the price came back at £30.00 for one night. It was similar price at other hotels but some of the reviews stated hotel was clean so I booked the hotel in good faith.

When we arrived it was to quite a gruff hotelier who asked my sons age, I told him my son was 14 and he said he should have been charged at adult rate, I showed him our booking form which showed that I'd given my sons correct age and the hotelier said he had called Hotels.com and they were going to pay him the difference. All sorted or so we thought!!!

Being just the two of us we got back to the hotel at about nine and went straight to bed, at ten o clock the door was being hammered. I asked who it was and he said it was the owner. I opened the door and asked if everything was ok he yelled at me and said yes everythings fine but don't expect breakfast tomorrow morning because you are a thief and a liar! He then proceeded to tell me that I was taking away his lively hood and that we should travel the world telling people we were children to get cheap lodgings!!!! He then told us we had to be out by seven the next morning as you can imagine we were very scared and said we would leave immediately , He then threatened to phone the police which I said he should and we would would have been happy with that as we were in the right!

Never felt so scared in my life! I went away because I have a chronic illness and needed to rest I ended up sleeping on my brothers floor and being very stressed and had very little sleep!

I would seriously advise people not to visit this hotel, especially if you are a woman alone with children. I am sure this would not have happened if my husband had been with us!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2011

excellent

Reviewed Thu 24th of January 2013

"Just returned from 2 wonderful nights at The Bromley Hotel Blackpool and would highly recommend this great accomodation to anyone. When we arrived we were greeted by Doreen and showed to our lovely seaview room, which had been cleaned to a very high standard. The room was VERY spacious and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast lived up to it's wonderful smell and nothing was too much trouble. Parking was very good and hassle free and a tram and bus stop directly outside was very convienient. We will deffiently be making a return trip to The Bromley."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2008

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Spent 3 days at the Bromley, and found it to be very clean and the hospitality second to none. Our hosts Doreen and Brian were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. We would certainly recommend and stay there again on future trips to Blackpool."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2008

Good & Reliable

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"A small (14 room) seafront hotel 5 minutes walk North of Blackpool's North Pier with a host, Doreen, who cooks an excellent breakfast. The clean, simple, and reasonably sized rooms are all en-suite.

As a budget hotel the maxim of getting what you pay for applies. Paying £30 per night for a sea-view single and taking advantage of a 'stay 3 nights, get the 4th free' offer I felt it to be excellent value. It's not 5 star, but it's not £200 per night either.

Having no lounge or bar The Bromley is best suited to those who simply want reliable budget accommodation in a good location. Indeed the lack of bar and lounge means there is neither a 'Waiting For God' nor 'Chav' atmosphere - a poisitve or negative depending on what you're looking for!

For those wanting that 'reliable budget accommodation in a good location' The Bromley is hard to beat."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of April 2008

Great easter break!

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"25/03/2008
We have just come back from a nice break at The Bromley Hotel in Blackpool. The owners are friendly and make you feel at home. We stayed in a large room with nice tea making facilities and comfortable new beds! We would recommend this hotel to all ages as it is a great base to enjoys the attractions of Blackpool!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

top hotel friendly owners

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"friendly run hotel right by shops and bars comfy to stay in,under new management since august 2007,at present upgrading room interiors,showed us family room already done,very nice! All new beds being installed and new lcd tellys,would recommend to familys and couples,lovely breakfast too!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of March 2008

New owners , but still the best hotel in Blackpool

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Bromley Hotel and have found it to be just as great as ever! We arrived to be greeted by the new owners Doreen & Brian Bell who had been there for a couple of months. The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. Tea and coffee facilities are included with the rooms and a forgotten hairdryer was no problem as one was leant to us for the duration of the stay. Breakfast was excellent witha choice of cereals and full english on offer! Toast was always on supply as well as, as much tea and coffee as you could drink. There are car parking spaces outside although they may be limited if the hotel is full so arrive early!!

Overall a fantastic place on the North prom about 350 yards from the North Pier. The tram stop is directly outside and is in a quiet area but only a short walk from the centre!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

Friendly, clean, cant be faulted

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed here for 1 night, our room was on the top floor and although a little outdated was very clean and comfortable, plenty of room, clean fresh towels and bedding which is a refreshing change for a budget hotel in Blackpool. Breakfast was lovely, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Would definitly be my first choice when staying in Blackpool again."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

Friendly Warm Atmosphere

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Bromley Hotel, Blackpool and what a fantastic hotel this is. The welcome we received from Ruth on arrival was very friendly, couldn't do enough for you, but not intrusive. Shown to our room, which was brilliant, view overlooking the sea, as it was such good weather we were able to see across to the Isle Of Man, wonderful views, room was very spacious with an en-suite, television, also provided were tea and coffee making facilities. Linen and towels were always very fresh and the room was cleaned everyday, spotless.
We went to reception on our 3rd day stay to see if it was possible to have the use of an iron, Anthony was very helpful and brought an iron to us.
Breakfast was brilliant, the advertisement is correct, what a "hearty breakfast" indeed. There is a choice of cereals, followed by any kind of breakfast required, we were away on holiday, so what the hell we went for the full monty (Full English), delicious and the service once again from Ruth & Anthony was excellent.

All in all we couldn't fault this hotel, best we have stayed at in Blackpool, very reasonably priced and lovely friendly family atmosphere. We will definitely be returning and wouldn't hesitate in recommending The Bromley Hotel to anyone, singles, couples or families."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

Brilliant Bromley Hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I absolutely LOVED the bromley hotel at Blackpool. Ruth and Anthony were amazingly friendly yet not intrusive at all. The rooms were the largest I have ever seen in BLackpool. They have rooms overlooking the sea. From the moment you walk in the door, you know you're at home! If Ruth and anthony don't know the answer to any questions you have, they will certainly phone someone or find someone who can! Excellent value for money. No hidden charges and I will definately be back for their hearty breakfast!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

Hotels near The Bromley

Top traveller tips for The Bromley

• Trishtrub by Trishtrub

"I would never advise anyone to visit this hotel, never had an experience like this before, wouldn't like to think anyone else goes through the same thing. "

The Bromley is also called