About Stretton Hotel

• breakfast in the room
  • fax photocopying
  • snack bar

Good

This hotel still has my money even through I cancelled for free on booking.com, and no response even after 6 weeks when they promised 'they'd look into it'

Reviewed 10 months ago

"I booked through booking.com but then had to cancel owing to change in travel plans, and cancelled in good time, and confirmed as being cancelled for free on booking.com, however the hotel still kept my deposit and still have not paid me back. I emailed several times and called a couple of times (from Canada) but still no response. This is the first time this has happened to me and I've booked 100s of hotels over the past 20 + years. I do expect that things go wrong every now and then but how an organisation/company deals with resolving issues says a lot (or not) about them....Based on my (albeit) limited experience I could not recommend this hotel business."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2018

Nice stay

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"Four of us stayed at the Stretton for one night recently, occupying 3 rooms, 1 twin and 2 singles. All of our rooms were spotlessly clean.... only one thing was that the bathroom was really small, although I believe you can get a more superior room at extra cost which have bigger bathrooms. The bed was really comfy with nice fresh bed linen....The food is very good,especially breakfast which was delish!...All the staff who we came in contact with during our stay were really polite and friendly...I would recommend this hotel for value for money in a good location to Blackpool town centre"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of April 2009

Great Value..Good Hotel !!

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"Booked a last min deal £50 b&b for two.
Was very surprised to find that the rooms where a good standard and the lounge had sea views...some rooms had lovely sea views, but beggers cannot be choosers..lol
Our room, double bed, plus a single bathroom ensuite...I have paid well more and got worse rooms..!!
Only 2 little gripes...Breakfast was only served till 9.30 on a Sunday !!
And evening meals where only till 7pm..
But we know now...and will be back !!!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of March 2009

Fantastic, Brilliant, the best hotel

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"I took a coach party of 34 people ranging from the youngest at 8 years old to the eldest at 80 years old. The hotel staff were fantastic and we could not ask for more, we had a few personal problems that needed ironing out but the hotel staff dealt with every problem and helped as if nothing was to much trouble.

Food - top quality, something on the extensive menu every day for every dietry requirement. Waiter/waitresses fast, efficent and very friendly,

Hotel entertainment was pleasant and there was something for everyone at least one night of our stay. Even John our 80yr old passenger had a spin on the dance floor and put the youngsters to shame.

Location - ideally located for everything in Blackpool, not far from the Tower and hop skip and jump from north pier, tram and bus stop outside the hotel door.

Accomodation - Rooms neat, tidy, clean and very comfortable, house keeping even folded our night wear and anything else in the room.

We arrived home yesterday and i've already called the hotel this morning to make enquires for 2 more holidays next year !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of October 2008

Good value for money

Reviewed Sun 3rd of February 2013

"Searched the web and saw this hotel had good reviews overall, found the best price for booking rooms was to call the hotel directly rather than book over the web. Booking was great, they went out of their way to find a room for my mother that didn't require any walking upstairs.
Location was good as it was slightly away from the bright lights so quiet at night. Rooms were very clean and tidy; bathrooms were small. Layout of hotel is unusual, corridors branching off everywhere, but you get used to it after the first day.
Staff were fantastic throughout the stay, from the reception staff to the dining room staff to the bar staff, all went out of their way to help us on all occasions. Better than staff in many 4 and 5 star hotels I've stayed in. Food in evenings was excellent."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of October 2008

warm, friendly and great food

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2013

"the stretton hotel has been taken over by new management. The Hotels manager Mr M Armstrong gave us excellent service througout our stay. The hotel has fantastic food and all the staff are friendly and warm. The rooms are clean , comfortable and have good facilities. I will be going back to this hotel next year as it was a great experience. thankyou to the hotels manger for looking after us and making or stay a great experiece"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of October 2008

Amazing, loved it!!!!

Reviewed Fri 8th of February 2013

"Stayed at The Stretton Hotel very recently,myself and a friend decided to go to Blackpool for her birthday.
We have previously stayed at other hotels in Blackpool, but nothing that compares to The Stretton Hotel.
Matthew the General Manager is amazing, he is there to meet and greet you on your arrival and always smiling, regardless of how busy the Hotel is, always availalable to chat and make you feel very welcome.
The hotel is extremely clean and very welcoming.
Our room was very clean and spacious overlooking the sea which was a bonus.
Chris and the other staff on the reception are very freindly and helpful.
All the other staff are always smiling and happy, will be returning to The Stretton Hotel very soon but for a much longer stay, and will be recommending this hotel to my friends, family and colleauges.
Would just like to say a huge thank you to Matthew,Chris and all the staff at The Stretton for making our saty with them vey enjoyable and hope to see you all again very soon."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

stretton the perfect hotel

Reviewed Mon 28th of January 2013

"this hotel was lovely , all staff were so friendly and helpful. food was delicious . had a very nice sea view room which was very spacious and clean . i travelled alone with my 1 year old daughter and and nothing was to much trouble for them . i would definatly go back and recommend it to family and friends ."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

Very Nice - Highly Recommended

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Never uploaded a review for a British hotel but this one is worth a mention

Booked a Double on a cheap deal with LateRooms only £45 b+b
Hotel is very easy to find and right on the North Prom
Parking is free behind the hotel if available
The check in was easy 3 mins and we were in our room.
Room was very clean and Modern and had a nice en suite room
I was very pleased indeed with the room as I have stayed in some flea pits in Blackpool, but this was very good.

The hotel had a couple of lounge areas and a bar and was generally well presented and clean
Location is Very close to bars etc.
Did not see the breakfast due to overconsumption of Vodka the night before

Overall I would recommend this hotel and will always seek to stay here when in Blackpool again.

The only gripe and its not the end of the world. Give guests another hour in bed and change checkout to 11am."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

you will love it

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"The hotel is great and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely matthew and staff could not do enough for you i went with my husband and mother inlaw she had a great time as did we the rooms are so clean i have stayed in a lot of hotels in blackpool over the years and this is one is the best the dinner at the hotel is the best for the money you pay .hotel has a wheelchair we asked where we could hire one and matthew let us use the one he had saved us money thanks very much matthew and your staff hope to see you all soon christine dougie glasgow betty peterlee durham"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

Superb Stretton weekender

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Myself and 5 friends had a fab weekend in Blackpool back in April and stayed at the Stretton Hotel. From the moment we arrived at the Stretton, we new we'd made the right choice for accomodation. Its in a great seafront location, extremely good value for money. The Hotel Manager, Matthew really does make sure everything is as it should be including the excellent standard of rooms. He and his staff were realy welcoming. This hotel is great for all age groups, everyone is well catered for. Matthew made sure we had everything we needed, and was really informative especially useful for planning your Blackpool activities (Funny Girls is an absolute must!) The standard of rooms at the Stretton really are worth a mention, as 6 friends with high standards, the Stretton rooms have to be amongst the very best in Blackpool and soooo reasonably priced. Part of the fun of staying in hotels is always the breakfast (we luv our food!!) and we were not disappointed. Breakfast at the Stretton was brilliant, plenty of it and freshly cooked. In fact, one of my friends managed to miss breakfast so opted for the Sunday lunch and again, this was plentiful and tasty. We're heading back to Blackpool in a couple of months time and the Stretton is where we'll be looking to stay. Thoroughly recommend it (and don;t forget funny girls!!)"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

BASIC BUT CHEAP AND CLEAN

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"This was a perfectly OK and very reasonably priced hotel for Blackpool; not nearly as offputting as some hotels on offer here, clean, well organised with an OK breakfast and a good powerful shower; fairly quiet considering it is right on the sea front, and the decor not too horrible! Plenty of tea and coffee and biscuits in the room and a proper hairdryer. I would have liked at least a sachet of shampoo, though, as all there was on offer was two teeny tiny bars of soap! Perfectly pleasant reception and waiting staff. I wouldn't want to stay for a week but for one night and at these cheap rates, you could not fault it!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2008