Good

Was ok

Reviewed 22nd October 2018

"Stayed here on the 21/10/18 in room 354 staff were lovely but the room needed a good paint the bed wasn’t comfy the bed sheets were ripped. The room was full of flys we had to ask for fly spray wouldn’t stay here again"

• Travel date: 1st October 2018

Best christmas I ever had at the savoy blackpool.

Reviewed 14th January 2017

"I traveled with the travel style tour company for our Christmas break, I was a little apprehensive because I had never been away at Christmas before. The savoy staff completely looked after us. We had a fantastic time. We had a lovely seafront room, lovely food, great vegetarian options. I have already booked to go again. PERFECT. Thankyou savoy Blackpool, Thank you Sarah."

• Travel date: 29th December 2016

The savoy Blackpool

Reviewed 26th August 2016

"We had a major breakdown on the M6 about 40miles from Blackpool and I phoned the Savoy Blackpool to tell them that we may be late or even later and the person at reception said to stop worrying When we arrived on the back of the breakdown truck ( of which the driver was a complete gentleman) the staff were very friendly and helpful and informed us about the garage services on the next Street also the room wasn't suitable for disabled ( myself and Elisabeth ) the staff arranged another room no problem and no extra expense (I also would like to apologies for my dog getting sick =sorry) the weather was crap but for the savoys staff the holiday would have been crap too , I just would like to say a big thank you to all the staff and see you all next August. Well done everybody. "

• Travel date: 14th August 2016

Disgusting hotel

Reviewed 14th July 2014

"I have never stayed in such a filthy place it's disgusting for what we payed . The windows didn't open the toilet was dirty frames all full of black mold carpets was dirty and full of hair from previous people . The lamps at bedside was thick with dust the door looked like it had been kicked in not safe at all nightmare hotel nothing like the pictures on there site DON'T be FOOLED the rooms are nothing like the pictures dated from the 70s the furniture was old the only nice thing I can say is the staff was ok . PARKING lol WHAT A Night Mare .. NEVER EVER AGAIN even if it was FREE .10-07-14. 13-07-14 have photos for proof "

• Travel date: 13th July 2014

Dirty, filthy

Reviewed 9th July 2013

"We stayed here for 4 nights and left after 3 - the room was filthy. I had a drink that had floating food inside and to top it off £100 went missing Food that was on the floor in the main bar area was still there 24 hours later Tray of peoples food and drink left in main hallway to room - was sat there for the time we was there Room had heating on - when it was 20c outside - wall paper pealing off, mountain of dust everywhere The entertainment was someone who looks like bill webster with a organ playing the same songs over and over and over again It would have been better to chuck money down the drain and sleep in a box on the street - simply awful"

• Travel date: 5th July 2013

savoy blackpool

Reviewed 5th March 2013

"the room 223 broken mirrow, no window to look out AS WAS FROSTED GLASS.mouldy tiles in bathroom ,broken showER, fans did not work ,skirting board under dressing table was dirty , found pen on seat noisy uncomfortable bed,second worse hotel i have ever stayed in in blackpool, meals still hungrey leaving table, but reception staff lovely ohh i forgot the window lifted up 3 inches to filthy gap with used raZOR PRESENT YAK, NEVER EVER WILL I STAY HERE AGAIN. WHEN I COMPLAINED SHOWER FIXED BUT THEN ONLY COLD WATER, MIRROW REMOVED HEALTH AND SAFTEY NOT REPLACED ,SO COULD NOT SEE TO DRY HAIR."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2013

Worst Hotel

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"As a Group organizer we stopped at this hotel from Friday 16th Nov until Monday 19th. my group are elderly, one with wheel chair nobody would help with luggage, the lift would only take three people at a time. Others struggled up the stairs with there cases as it was taking so long, 53 people in my group. When getting to the rooms mine had a dirty wet towel by the bed, one had dirty under pants along with a sock in there room. another went straight back down to reception to complain about the state of there room others said there was mould around the bath/shower area, the rooms were not thoroughly cleaned as they should have been, another wished to use the telephone only found it was out of action, reported, no one bothered to repair it. I sent a cup back in the dining with lip stick all on side never been washed before being put out. The first two night's entertainer wouldn’t have even got on the X Factor first audition. If anyone thought the place was clean, they need to go to the optician. It will be the last time I shall be using a Britannia Hotel again. I have been taking a group since the early 80s. One guest was walking to her room when she tripped and fell injuring her face on worn carpet. This is not just a general moan, the place is a Health Hazard. Also the coach driver for the company we used is putting in a strong report on the conditions of the place and is recommending that the company should never use it again."

• Travel date: 19th November 2012

The room was terrible

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"The room was dirty, dirty cotton wool bud on the floor, not enough towels, old used toiteries in the bathroom that the last person had used, setting tables for bfast before we had finished our evening meal,the ballrom was closed the renervation no mention on website of this,the furniture and interiors were torn & shabby the only good thing of this the food was nice i will never go again to this hotel. "

• Travel date: 22nd October 2012

Has to be the worst

Reviewed 7th September 2012

"We have just arrived back from Blackpool and must complain that this has to be the worst coach holiday we have had with David Urquhart. We have many holidays with David Urquhart and have and are now having second doubts about booking. Firstly we booked a double room and as far as we are concerned it was a single room with a three quarter bed. The room was so dark we had to put the light on even on a sunny day There was no ventilation as the "small" window was sealed which made it very uncomfortable to sleep. The mirror had been removed and there was glass slivers on the carpet. The shower control fell to pieces and we had to wait Two days to have it repaired. It was more like a prison cell. The reception were were very unhelpful as if they didn't care or did not have a clue. They refused to help the older woman guests with their luggage. They had no room available for the driver. I complained to the barmaid that a glass of beer I had bought was filthy inside and did not even get an apology all she did was pour it into a cleaner glass and did not say a word. "

• Travel date: 7th September 2012

Brilliant Time

Good
Reviewed 21st August 2012

"Just got back from a week at the Savoy Hotel Blackpool, The room was dated but clean and comfortable the staff where brilliant and the food excellent, It was much better then i expected after reading some of the reviews on here !! We had booked the family room and a double room and was pleasently surprised we had a great time and will certainley book again ."

• Travel date: 20th August 2012

great value for money let down by the cleanliness of the room and most of all bathroom

Reviewed 7th July 2012

"having booked bed breakfast and dinner for 2 adults in a twin room with partial sea view for the grand sum of 46 pounds per night I actually wasn't expecting too much. However,we found the meals to be delicious, the staff to be polite and efficient without being too intrusive (which I liked)and the stay would have been ideal if it were not for the shabbiness and lack of cleanliness of the room. A sea view was important to us and would have been perfect except for the fact that the windows were so dirty hardly anyview could be seen. While the bedroom was quite clean the smell of smoke was very strong on entering and remained so for the whole day. The bathroom was in dire need of redecoration with dirty marks and even a blood stain on 1 of the walls. Flooring was dated scuffed and parts had lifted and separated from the walls. I didnt feel able to use the shower till I had actually got my partner to bleach the whole unit first. The shower unit itself seened to be a reasonable size but my partner is 6 foot and found it very cramped and had to leave the door open to shower. I am disabled and made the mistake of shutting the shower screen and ended up trapped inside it when i couldnt open the door again. Fortunately my partner was able to unhinge the whole door to get me out which was both embarrassing and traunatising at the same time. Even after all this the good points mentioned would be enough for me to stay here again. (if I got a decent room) I feel that the age of the building did not deter from the ambience it only added to it. It is a shame that a little TLC hasn't been applied to keep up the standard of this grand old building."

• Travel date: 7th July 2012

Avoid at all costs

Reviewed 9th June 2012

"We booked a deal through Laterooms.com on the Tuesday night @ £59 B&B and we thought we were getting a bargain, as I know the Savoy to have previously been a great hotel, and a reputable one in Blackpool. On check in I was disgusted to find I had to pay an extra £2 when paying with my card, Laterooms.com said I would pay £59 in total at the hotel this is where it all started. Whilst I was at reception I booked 2 evening 3 course meals at £12.50 each again another £2 charge to use my card as they'd already taken room payment by the time they bothered to mention the evening meal option. I will come onto the evening meal later. We have pictures of all this evidence available at your convenience. A copy of this review and the photo's will be going on Trip Advisor and we will be informing laterooms.com and the AA hotels board. We went up to our room (room 220) and were horrified with what we saw, wallpaper coming off the walls, stains all over the carpets, Carpets lifting from the floor, the single bed was missing a caster in the middle of the bed so was hovering above the floor, the travel cot provided for our 10 month old son was ripped on 3 of the 4 sides where it was attached to the supporting legs. On the bed were carefully placed a few frayed white towels, one was very very frayed. I went to make a coffee to find water left it, how long it had been there? I do not know but I can tell you a grey scum had formed in the kettle around where the water line was and the kettle was black at the bottom. There was dirt on the window cil paint peeling off pipes. If your still reading this the worst is yet to come... The Bathroom... There were toothpaste splatters all over the tiles and on the mirror, a scum on the left hand side of sink where a previous occupant must have placed a toothbrush or soap, dirt built up underneath the taps. The Bath had shower gel 'dribble' in it left from the previous occupants, mould had started to form underneath the soap tray behind the back of the taps were filthy. I wouldn't bath a dog in that bathroom never mind myself or my child. To add insult to injury there was a glass in the bathroom that looked as though it had not been washed, it was filthy. Elbow grease costs nothing, whoever cleaned that room must live like a pig as even the most basic of hygiene standards have not been met. We ended up going out and buying extra baby wipes to have a wash down with. On our way out we went to reception to complain and someone said they'd get back to us, as they were dealing with another complaint from another family, they didn't. We came back in time for our evening meal we were greeted and seated they then proceeded to take our order I ordered BBQ Chicken wings without spring onions, my plate came with spring onions, I sent it back another plate came with spring onions, I had already had enough of the hotel by this point, and to be honest if we had the money we would have cut our losses and gone to the Travelodge up the road (at least I know they have clean rooms). I picked though the overload of spring onions and carried on. Next came the MAIN course 3 slices of turkey that disintegrated on touch in a swimming pool of gravy with a stuffing ball that if I'd have chucked it at one of the serving staffs head it'd have knocked them out, and a spoonful of cranberry sauce that tasted as though it was out of a jar. My husbands tea a supermarket value very dry pork chop in a pool of 'Vomit' (his words). This was all served with a side of some non-de script potatoes a can of Green Giant Sweetcorn and frozen watery translucent cabbage. By this point I noticed no one had actually taken a drinks order or informed us if we wanted a drink we had to get our own from the bar. My dessert was the only edible thing was had, Lemon cheese cake. My husbands, Fruit Salad was more like tinned fruit with a few chopped apples in 'dirty dish water' (again his words). Your staff did however provide some amusement when I asked for a bowl of hot water to warm my son's tea up, I got a tea pot with hot water in it! I then had to find someone else to ask for a bowl. We went out straight after Dinner to just get away from the place and to get a decent meal (we ended up spending an extra £20 in a Weatherspoons on a meal). Unfortunately we had to come back to the hotel for our son to sleep at around 8.30pm, believe me we tried to stay out longer. We returned to our room to hear whaling from a karaoke session (or was that the hotel entertainer)quite clearly from our 2nd floor room. We turned the TV on to try and drown the noise out to find that the remote did not work with the TV, needless to say it was a very long night, with the 'entertainment' keeping our son awake, having to get up and down to turn the TV over, I just sat there and cried. The next morning we were up at 6.30am after a very restless night. We went down to breakfast at 7.30am, doors to the Bistro were open, no staff around. We had to play 'Hunt The High Chair' the only one we found was filthy. My Husband went on a hunt for a member of staff to get either another High Chair or a cloth and disinfectant. He found a member of staff in a room adjoining to dining room and informed them of the situation, and was advised he'd find someone. 10 mins later no one had attended to our request. I had to go out to the main reception and ask the lady behind there about getting some staff to attend to the dining room, and also someone to deal with our request for either a new High Chair or someone to clean it. Someone did finally show up 5 mins after that with a cloth and cleaner and cleaned it down. 20 mins and still not started breakfast. I'm glad this was part of the offer as I wouldn't have paid for it, concentrated orange, rubber sausages, overcooked bacon, Croissants that could smash windows if they were thrown, no FRESH toast just some white stuff in a tin under the heat lamps. We couldn't wait to get out of the hotel after our son (who is toddling) pulled a thick glass pane that was covering a work surface in our room on his head, surely these should be fixed down somehow!? We checked out at 9.15am we couldn't wait to get away from this hovel. We would not recommend this to anybody. We will be returning to Blackpool the last weekend in September for a dance competition with the dance school I run and I was looking at the hotel as a possibility (one of my main reasons of stopping this time)to recommend for a 2 night stop for the parents and their kids. I will have to now find somewhere else to recommend."

• Travel date: 8th June 2012

Hotels near Savoy Hotel

Top traveller tips for Savoy Hotel

• by Blackpool11

"Get a new receptionist and a new cleaner"

• by Paddy S

"WiFi in the bedrooms "

• by mach74

"i would suggest - cancelling the booking and going elsewhere"

• by Sue G

"REFURBISH THE HOTEL GET NEW CLEANERS"

• by Dave of Spondon

"A close down and thoroughly cleaned and referbished."

• by nannieannie

"not really for children more for the middle aged holiday maker"

• by Pam Sun/Wed

"Get time table and destinations for the buses and Trams. Taxis very reasonable"

• by Kw32Queen

"needs modernising or the room rates dropping"

• by John and Marg

"Enjoy the entertainer Mal Ford of an evening. Utterly lovely entertainmentl and not advertised at all."

• by zebedee71

"Blackpool seems to be ran down in a lot of areas and needs uplifting"

• by eddNali

"wax musem and theme park a must see and a tattoo from dragon dens Shamrek A****"

• by Perine Robson

"Great for families and couples and singles - something for everyone"

Savoy Hotel is also called