They always have flower displays but it takes a lot of Ian's time

Good

fantastic!!!!!! best in blackpool

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"we stayed at this hotel in march 2007 for 2 nights. We were offered the choice between 2 rooms on arrival, both spotlessly clean. bed and bedding was very clean and comfortable (which is usually a problem for most hotels in blackpool) . Decor was up to date clean and fresh (no wallpaper hanging off or peeling and no woodchip either) There was allocated parking avaliable directly outside hotel (no fighting for spaces on the road). breakfasts were again very nice and enough to keep you going well into the day (plenty of choice). Evenings were very enjoyable thanks to the barman Phil, very polite and chatty had some good conversations, bar opens at 09-30am and shuts at midnight so its great to chillout and have a couple of drinks. all staff were very helpful. phil pointed us in the right direction for a nice resturant which did turn out to be fantastic, he even gave us some free tickets to an event taking place that weekend in blackpool. All in all a very good hotel i would recommend this hotel to everyone."

• Travel date: 7th March 2007

Raffles is the best in town

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"I stayed in this small, but perfectly formed hotel for three nights in January 2007. WOW the place is spotless! The house keeping is second to none. An amazing breakfast was served each morning by Graham (co-owner) and was cooked to perfection by Ian (co-owner). There was a choice from a menu each morning - the full English is my advice! There is a nice relaxing lounge/bar in which to enjoy your favourite tipple in the evenings accompanied with some nice background music. Don't bother with any other hotel in town you've found the best."

• Travel date: 25th February 2007

Lovely place to stay

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I cannot fault the hotel in any way. Graham and Ian were really great hosts, the room was spotless and well equipped and certainly one of the best we have stayed n in Blackpool! The food was first rate and the menu for the tea room looked fantastic - unfortunately we didn’t get chance to sample, but f the breakfast was anything to go by, I’m sure it will too be faultless. You are within easy walking distance to the town, plus there is complimentary parking right outside. Would definitely stay here again. Two great places to eat in Blackpool: West Coast Rock Cafe (opposite the Post Office) and Terry's Balti House (and same owned buffet next door)"

• Travel date: 17th January 2007

super stay!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"I stayed at the raffles hotel for a weekend with my 11 year old son we stayed in family room ( double & single bed ). the room was very clean and modern! the breakfast was very good i would definetly stay here again and would reccomend to friends and family !!"

• Travel date: 15th October 2006

Small Hotel, Big on Service and Quality

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"You could not find a better place to stay in Blackpool, even at the bigger hotel chains. The rooms are well presented, very clean and a dream to sleep in. The Tea Room attached to the hotel and run by the same people, is nothing but gorgeous. One of those places were it looks to good to eat, but you have to give and eat it. There is car parking at the front of the hotel and its no more than 5 minutes walk down to the Promenade and about the same to Main Shopping Area."

• Travel date: 21st September 2006

Jack and Tina at the Raffles Hotel !!!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"My 12 year old son Jack and I spent a lovely midweek break at the Raffles Hotel, where we were made most welcome by Andrew and the rest of the staff. We stayed in a delightful room with an Egyptian theme throughout and Jack was most impressed by the decor of the chinese room opposite. The hotel is charming and beautifully run. The whole place is spotlessly clean and is decorated with flair and excellent taste. The breakfast was excellent, superbly cooked and beautifully presented A thouroghly enjoyable stay and excellent value for money i have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone and I hope to return soon Tina Lloyd Francis 12 August 2006"

• Travel date: 11th August 2006

Great place to stay

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"This was a great little hotel/b+b. Blackpool has a reputation for cheap dive hotels, and I'm happy to report that the Raffles was nothing like that at all. We had a suite room, and it was quite large, with a small fully-outfitted modern kitchen, large living room, spacious bedroom and average-size bathroom (with shower, not a tub). The furnishings were comfortable and modern, and there was lots of closet space. Even by American hotel standards, it was very nice. The full breakfast downstairs was tasty and very filling. The hotel owners couldn't have been nicer, and also gave us some good restaurant suggestions fo dinner. The hotel is also very centrally located, only a couple of blocks from Blackpool Tower and the beach. I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 5th July 2006

First Time Visitors But Will Return

Good
Reviewed 17th November 2012

"We have visited Blackpool at least five times a year for the last eight years and have always stayed in one of the impersonal but nice premier inns. We have always stayed in them due to the amount of hotels in Blackpool and not having anyone to reccomend one to us. This weekend we took the plunge and stayed at Raffles Hotel and we were not dissapointed. Graham and Ian were lovely hosts, the hotel was clean and our room (number 1) had an Oriental theme, very different !! Our host on an evening in the bar was Phillip who takes care of everyone's needs in his own special way. And we spent a good few hours talking to deborah who has been at the hotel since it opened over 10 years ago It was like being welcomed into their home and we were treated as friends not paying guests. The breakfast sets you up for the day and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. we will be returning next time we visit in Hune this year."

• Travel date: 5th March 2006

The Best

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I have stayed at Raffles two years running and have booked again for June. I love blackpool and have stayed in many of the top hotels. None of them compare to the quality, cleanliness,service and hospitality we receive at Raffles. Nothing is too much trouble and the Hotel is suited to all clientelle be it singles. families or business people and all age groups. It is quite simply THE BEST!"

• Travel date: 1st June 2005

Simply Fabulous

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I stayed for a weekend with my mum during 2004. The hotel and tea rooms are charming, immaculately clean and very welcoming. You will want for nothing.... Ian and Graham are impeccable hosts and ensure a very enjoyable stay... We will definately be coming again, this would be my first choice for accomodation in Blackpool."

• Travel date: 21st March 2005