Premier Inn bedroom

Good

This hotel is really good. We booked a f...

Reviewed 29th August 2008

"This hotel is really good. We booked a family room for 1 night. Check in was from 1400 but we arrived at 1100. I went into reception to be met by friendly reception staff. Although i couldn't have a room key i was given a pass for the car park straight away and told to come back after 1400 for the key. This was ideal for us. On our return at about 1800 the checkin process was handled quickly and efficiently. The room was located on the ground floor and had an electronic pass card, not a yale lock as mentioned in previous reviews. The room itself was spotless with a double bed and 2 single beds. As we have a small child i thought i needed a bed guard. This was not the case as one single bed was on foldable legs which i lowered down so the base of the bed was on the floor. This was not a camping bed but one with a proper base. There was a soap dispenser by the sink and shower gel dispenser in the shower. Although there are minimal coffee and milk provided the receptionist said if we needed any more, just ask. The premier breakfast was served in the pub adjacent to the hotel. It was billed as "all you can eat" which it is. The cooked breakfast is not plated up for you and you can have as much as you like. Likewise with the continental breakfast. All items were available as advertised. The brewers fayre pub priovides an extensive menu with excellent choices for the kids. Also there is a play area for the kids which is free. This proved very useful to tire out the kids!! This hotel was excellent an i would definitely stay there again!"

• Travel date: 29th August 2008

Clean, comfortable & reasonably priced

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night on route 'up north'! I was nervous about booking in Blackpool and although had never booekd into a Premier Inn before decided to give it a go based on other peoples reviews. It was great, big car park, free parking, short walk to the pleasure beach, clean room, very comfortable bed and pleasant staff! Couldn't fault it and would definately stay again. Very reasonably priced."

• Travel date: 6th November 2007

Clean & Friendly

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Myself, husband and 3 small children stayed for one night recently at the travel inn. We only booked the day before we intended to stay and were accomodated with our request of a family room with travel cot. the room was fantastic, extremely clean and in a very good state of decor and furnishings. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We also ate at the Yeadon Way next door which also had excellent service and friendly staff. We ate dinner and breakfast there and could not fault either. Breakfast good value with eat as much as you like. Good location as only 10 minute walk for Pleasure Beach. Overall really impressed and would definitely return. Catherine & Family"

• Travel date: 8th August 2007

Great Hotel

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights in a double bed room, chosen for being close to the Pleasure Beach There are thousands of hotels/ B&B's in Blackpool, but we decided to go for a hotel brand that we recognised, and it was a great decision. Check in was easy and simple, although dragging my heavy suitcase up a flight of stairs wasnt (no lifts), but that could have been the huge amount of stuff I packed for the trip. Room was very nice and clean, shower worked perfectly and overall we were very happy with the hotel. The only annoying thing was that because we are only 18, whenever we went to collect our room key, they were a bit suspicious of us and kept asking us our names to check we stayed there. The pub next door was good as well, great food and stayed open until midnight. Overall, a great hotel and I would definately revisit"

• Travel date: 12th July 2007

A Nice Surprise In A Budget Hotel

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"We were in need of basic accommodation in Blackpool during a busy holiday period. The only accommodation available was the Premier Travel Inn on Yeadon Way (there are other Premier Travel Inns located in Blackpool). After arriving at the wrong Premier Travel Inn we were redirected to the correct premises. We found that it was located to the south of Blackpool, within sight of the big rides on the Pleasure Beach. The staff were pleasant but check-in was slow. The rooms (a family room and a disabled room) were well appointed for this type of establishment. Car parking was free to residents but beware – show your car pass or you will get a ticket in their regularly patrolled car park. The hotel is adjacent to a massive public car park. On two of the four nights were disturbed by boy racers squealing around this car park, revving their engines and producing clouds of smoke from burning rubber. They also play their boom box sterios at ear splitting volumes. Not the hotel's fault but this could put you off staying there. On the Saturday night I estimate that there were 200+ custom cars and about 1,000 spectators. We had one meal in the neighbouring Whitbread Pub Restaurant. This was well cooked, promptly and politely served and reasonably priced. As we wanted to visit Blackpool and the Pleasure Beach we found this hotel’s location perfect. The road into Blackpool town centre is straight and easy to follow. I would recommend this Premier Travel Inn to anyone wishing to have a budget holiday in a central location perfectly placed for the sights and beach."

• Travel date: 27th June 2007

After spending countless hours browsing ...

Reviewed 13th May 2007

"After spending countless hours browsing cheap B&B's (bit skint from the last weekend night away!) I didn’t want to pay £18 per person to have to share a toilet, or £70 for us all for the luxury of a toilet in the room but in a hotel that looked so run down it would make Fawlty Towers look like the Hilton. You do need some privacy when you’re on the jon without some old guy battering the door down for his morning wash and daily mirror under the arm, don’t you? Prices were pretty expensive, and I had pretty much decided to abandon all plans, until I decided to check out the travel inn website and see what they could offer. BINGO! 2 adults and a baby including cot room only Saturday night for £56 all in. That was cheaper than most B&B's I looked at. Granted it’s a little bit out of the town centre but we didn’t mind. I rang before I booked the hotel just to clarify we would get bedding with the cot and to see if we could check in early. Surprisingly the girl on the phone said no early check in's as the hotel was fully booked. Later we discovered it was half full. I don’t like being lied to which put me in doubt to start with. The Travel Inn is about 1.5 miles from the front and has a Brewer’s Fayre with fun factory 5 metres from the door. We checked in with a little queue and were told we were on the second floor (smoking room). I have worked at Tulip Inn's before and thought travel inn is a bit less luxurious. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Tastefully decorated with plenty of room in, it was worth the £56. The cot was there, but without any blankets for it, so we asked and we got. I unpacked the car and noticed the guy’s car opposite had a parking ticket on it. I looked at others and most had a little bit of paper that said they were staying at travel inn. I asked if I needed one at reception and the guy said yes you should have been given one. All hell would have broken loose if I’d have got a fixed penalty notice!! In the room there were tea and coffee facilities (very minimal) but no toiletries. Room was very clean and the staff were polite. We opted to take the 'all you can eat full English breakfast' for £7.50 each adult and again, given what we used to serve at tulip inn, I was a bit sceptical about what we would get. Note: this was also served in the pub next door. The downside to it was you couldn’t get your cooked breakfast for yourself, it was all plated up. So no seconds on the full English. There was a fair amount of choice; I’ll do a rundown of what was to offer from the top of my head. Yoghurts, mixed cereals, fresh fruit salad, muffins, granola cereal, toast, dried fruit. Juices - Fresh Orange, Apple, Iced water, Pomegranate. Tea, coffee etc. Now the full English was good, the but sausage and bacon came with 1 less cooked and one well cooked. I guess it’s a choice of preference but mine is the latter. Bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, egg (fried, scrambled, poached, boiled), beans Overall I was highly impressed by the breakfast and would do it again. Taxi from the hotel to the promenade was £7 - a bit expensive for the distance. Hotel was very easy to find and next to a 'Total' petrol station. A very good stay despite incidents. We would return and recommend."

• Travel date: 13th May 2007

Ideal Blackpool base

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"You really can't go wrong with a Premier Travel Inn - once you've stayed in one you pretty much know what to expect namely a pleasant clean room, family friendly facilities and decent value for money (from £56 per room per night - not per person) The Blackpool Premier Travel Inn is ideally situated just a short walk from the Pleasure Beach. It is in a quiet location, perfect when you want to get away from the noisy crowds at the end of the day. The room was pleasantly decorated and very clean. It contained a (very comfortable) double bed, wardrobe, dressing table/stool, armchair and a colour television. All rooms have 'blackout' curtains and tea/coffee making facilities are provided. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of fresh towels. Breakfast is served next door at the Yeadon Way Brewers Fayre. Although the breakfast is not particulary cheap at £7.50 per person the choice of food on offer is excellent and always well cooked. I have stayed at this Travel Inn on several occasions and it comes highly recommended for a short break in Blackpool."

• Travel date: 11th April 2007

No Problem

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"We booked two rooms here for a 1 night stay to watch a show. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the main centre of blackpool and is very close to the pleasure beach and access to the motorway. Staff were friendly and got us sorted out quickly. We got back to the hotel in the early hours and there was someone on the front desk so security isnt a problem. Nice breakfast in the next door pub too. Room was fine - we had 2 twin rooms. Great value for money, good nights sleep, highly recommend as an alternative to the B&B's"

• Travel date: 7th January 2007

Seaside Fun

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Recently stayed at the Premier Travel Inn in Blackpool for a couple of nights. The hotel is located in a great place just at the end of the motorway and only a 5min walk from the front. The room was clean and fairly big, but the bed was broken and the shower wasn't great, the hotel was also noisy as we could here other guests walking past and doors slaming and the room above us. The pub/restaurant next door was very good which is lucky cos we didnt find that many places to eat in Blackpool other than the usual fish & chips. Don't bother with the expensive breakfast in there, go to one of the many cafes near by."

• Travel date: 26th October 2006

Better than the B&B's

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"This hotel was a really good find. It is a 5 minute walk from the Pleasure Beach and Sandcastle Waterworld. To walk to the central area (for the shops/Tower) it took us about 15 minutes. There is a pub next to the hotel which serves ok food, I'd venture into the centre for something a bit more tasty though! The rooms were spacious and clean (as found in all Premier Travel Inn's). Check-in was 2pm but we arrived at 10am, so the receptionist gave us a car parking permit and we went off swimming and came back at 3ish to check in, with no problems at all. Check out the next day was 12pm, which was lovely to have a lie in as Blackpool B&B's kick you out at 10am and get you up at 8.30am for breakfast!! There are numerous cafe's around to get a decent breakfast for less than £5. We again left our car there for the full day and went into the centre, which saved us a fortune in parking fees. Enjoy!!"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2006

Central and friendly

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Stayed with my twelve year old son to experience the delights (for him) of Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Hotel Reception Staff were friendly and good natured, even when faced with large groups of arrivals. Rooms are big enough, my boy enjoyed bouncing around the beds and the bathroom was spotless. Not exactly a scenic spot, built in a big car park but that said it is easy walking distance to the promenade . The Pub attached to the Hotel was just OK, convenient, nice staff, but avoid the cooked breakfast - managed to be dry and greasy at the same time. Well worth the budget price if your filling up a room, is what it claims to be, a convenient budget hotel."

• Travel date: 26th June 2006

Pleasantly surprised

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel with our little ones who's 7 months old on the 28th April for one night after a day out in Balckpool. Staff were very considerate of us having a baby and put a travel cot all made up for us in our room. The room itself was on parr with a 4* hotel that we had stayed in earlier in the month and the bathroom was lovely and clean with a powerful shower. Windows opened which I know sounds petty but it can get so hot in hotels. Would definately recommend this hotel especially as there's lots of dodgy places in Blackpool charging more."

• Travel date: 3rd May 2006