Not bad at all

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Stayed for a long weekend in June 07. The basic double room was adequate. Having stayed in many luxury hotels throughout the world we did not expect anything special but, for the weekend we were there, the food and the service were really excellent. On the Friday night there was a small dance and a superb vocalist named Vaughan Kennedy who had tremendous talent. The bars were okay, we could park the car safely and, all in all, for £45 including dinner we were quite satisfied."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

Very un friendly place..

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Not the warmest of places to stay. Staff are quite rude to say the least! Entertainment consists of BINGO! My TV would not work and when i asked for a repplacement they ignored my request.

Over priced and the meals were skimpy Skimpy and repeated every few days. A lot of noise and bad language could be heard from the kitchen area.. This is not very professional.. The management are unsympathetic and lazy. Don't think I will be using this hotel again.."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Will never go back.

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Hello..

Beware this hotel makes out that it accommodates wheelchairs and provides access, NOT SO!.

I took a relative there on the assurance from the desk staff that it was accessible. If you are willing to enter by a back streets and wait for people to move their cars so as to get in that is if they are in the hotel then fine? The hotel staff doesn’t give a hoot and I must agree with the previous poster the manager is a waste of time. This is why people are not returning to Blackpool now they are fed up with being ripped off and having to put up with shoddy third grade service. I’m not going back ever again.

Very poor holiday.."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

Manager a joke! staff unfriendly,never again.

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel, the previous year and it was fantastic,so decided to go back with my wife and daughter.Since i am severly disabled and confined to a wheelchair,i was concerned that we may not get a parking space at the hotel.i was reassured by staff ,that a parking space would be reserved for us,throughout our five day stay there.When we arrived at the hotel, there were painters,painting the outside of the building.And half of the car park was sealed off.I asked a receptionist were our parking space was, to which she replied "dont think there's any left".Went round to the back of the building,cars squashed in like sardines,no spaces.Had to park the car,two streets away from the hotel.Which meant alot of work for my wife and daughter,for having to carry myself and the wheelchair.Staff were not the least bit bothered,as we alerted them on a daily basis,regarding the situation,still nothing done.Found staff to be very unhelpful,because i am confined to a wheelchair, this hotel made me use the back door to come in and out off.Which made me feel like a second class citizen.Also when we would be out for the day and come back for dinner,we had to buzz a buzzer at the back door of the hotel, for to be let in.Most of the time the staff would not answer this buzzer,although they could see you were waiting to be let in,from the cctv camera.Then on the 3rd day of our holiday,we decided to go to a show at night time,when we arrived back, i was unable to get in the back door of the hotel,due to the cabaret type act ,in which they had on as so called entertainment, had parked there car in such a way,that it was blocking the entrance into the back of the hotel. so my wife went to ask the receptionist, if she could ask the caberat singer to move the car,we waited 20 minutes in the freezing cold car park,and still no one came to move the car.My wife went back in,this time the duty manager was there,my wife explained the situation,and again we waited a further 15 minutes,my wife went in again and this time demanded that the car be moved out of the way,as it was blocking the entrance for me to get in.Eventually the caberat singer,looked about 90 yrs old, came out and gave my wife and i, a whole load of cheek,to which the manager stood at the back door watching it all,and never stopped it. The following day, i went downstairs in the morning to speak to the manager regarding the incident, to which he did not even apologise,for the way in which we had been treated.Absolutely awful! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone,it is completely unsuitable for disabled persons,and if you have a concern or problem,the manager and staff ,do not wish to know."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

A good, safe bet in Blackpool

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Just stayed at the Park House for the sixth year running, so that must speak for itself ! This is a family owned hotel, well-run, friendly and very comfortable, warm & clean - we've checked out various other hotels in Blackpool whilst we've been there and I have to say that none have come up to the general standards of the Park House.
We always stay in one of the "superior" rooms - very spacious, and a great view of the sea and the "Golden Mile".
The hotel's entertainment is "OK", but maybe geared to the older element. Having said that, on occasions when we have stayed there has been an excellent disco in the ballroom. There is usually an organist or similar playing in the front bar.
The food is basic but good - reasonable choice and waiter service in restaurant.
All in all, if you must stay in Blackpool (!), this is probably a good choice."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of December 2006

a nice hotel

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Stayed at the Park House Hotel 25-29 Oct 2004 and had a lovely time. It has a very pleasent resturant with a good menue and good service from friendly staff. The room was quite good by Blackpool standards if a little too hot with a hot water system that was without hot water at peak times, however you soon learn to cater for this.After going to the Blackpool Illuminations for the past 15 years this is the first hotel I would go back to or recommend to a friend. Overall very good value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of November 2004