Good all round hotel

Reviewed Tue 24th of March 2015

"Enjoyed our anniversary weekend found staff friendly &whelp full the food was o.k bar prices reasonable &switch the entertainment. Was a good night with John & Diane putting on a good show trying to please all tastes of everyone in ballroom after our journey from Lincoln we found parking good the room was clean and spacious and warm with a lovely sea view ."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of March 2015

Overall excellent

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"Booked for the weekend and had a fantastic time. food was excellent, as was the entertainment, the rooms were clean and comfortable and well decorated, as was the whole hotel!! booked again for a week in the summer and probably will rebook for over xmas.this hotel has recently been refurbished and all the staff were extremely helpful and willing to do anything they could to help. i recommend that anyone looking to stay in blackpool go to the park house hotel. this hotel has a sister hotel too which the guests at park house can use, the swimming pool and facilities here are brilliant!!"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of March 2009

For the older end, but well worth the stay we'll be back

Reviewed Mon 11th of February 2013

"Myself and my wife have just come back after a 4 day break at the park house hotel blackpool and i must say we enjoyed ourselves no end. The food was good, the position of the hotel was right on the front, ideal for a strole. The staff are very pleasant there was a front lounge if you just wanted a quiet chat or the cabaret room if you wanted entertainment. We were treated to a different act every night and this year it was nice to see they have a lovely commere called June martell who makes everyone feel welcome and has a great personallity. she had everyone singing to her songs. Our favourite night was Tuesday when a singer/comedian was on called ksk and the duets that he and June did had us roaring with laughter especially the Rene and Renata sketch. We love the cd's that we bought by the way and will be back later on in the year. keep up the good work."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of March 2009

Good Food

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2013

"Our second year at this hotel, again a group of us, 5 couples, we all had side facing rooms with part seaview.
All the rooms were clean, none of us had any complaints, our
room was however the smallest and we will ask for something bigger next time.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious every night .
We only saw the entertainment on one night and it was so so.
Car parking was a problem only resolved by using the hotel next door (with permission).
We plan to go again next year."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2008

Well its not Showtime!

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"We have just returned home from a few days break and our overall impression is that its just another Blackpool hotel.
Some areas need improving as it with old properties but staff are friendly particulary Mick or Mike in restaurant. Food was fine and plentiful, the room we had was ok and it was clean.
The entertainment was a bit of a let down and was made worse by the "out of tune woman compere" who in my mind should consider retirement.
We will consider returning to the hotel but would rather watch a show in town as were no dancers and this hotel seems to suit people who enjoy sequence dancing.
We enjoyed the stay overall."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of May 2008

no early nights

Reviewed Sun 20th of January 2013

"Just back from a weekend at the park house hotel, and wont be rushing back. The food was terrible soggy veg, menu limited, good waiter service though. The rooms were ok but forget the early night if you are above entertainment room no matter what floor you are on, this should be explained when booking. The bar staff would vanish at regular intervals leaving thirsty customers waiting, overall rating out of ten maybe four."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of February 2008

November in Blackpool

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"A Tinsel and Turkey 5 day stay. Excellent value for money, rooms almost too warm and although the entertainment was average it certainly suited the clientelle.
Blackpool itself is largely closed up but for the energetic a walk from Cleveleys avoiding the waves can pass some of the shortened daylight hours.
We will certainly stay again."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

Top draw 10/10 massive improvement

Reviewed Wed 2nd of January 2013

"What a difference 8 weeks have made since my last stay.The staff are all cheerful , polite and friendly nothing is to much trouble for them to do . A 1000% improvement on my previous stay, when I thought I would not stay again. I booked 4 nights with my wife and grandchildren and we all had an excellent time . WELL DONE and KEEP IT UP !!!"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

A complete dive

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"Quite possibly one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. A small sample of what you can expect:
Rude and exceptionally unhelpful staff.
Filthy, stuffy, noisy, closet-sized rooms.
Tiny beds with a best before date of 1940.
Windows which can't be shut (not helpful in Blackpool where it is often very windy...)
The most ridiculous breakfast system, as in an ill-advised attempt to appear upmarket you are sat down at your designated table and not allowed to leave - not even to look at the cereal. WHY?????????????????

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, not even people i really really dislike."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Sort out the Kitchen and Smile!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Been to Park House several times previously with family and also as a party of 4 females and have always found the hotel to be fine. However, after an absence of about 3 years I found quite a considerable difference this time.
The most disappointing part was the food. It was nowhere near as good as it used to be. It was always cold, particularly the vegetables (which had obviously been standing for quite a while) and the soup. I had chocolate sponge pudding one night but it was so hard I couldn't get a spoon or fork into it! The salads, with the potatoes were a good alternative, however.
The breakfast was quite good but again always cold!
The staff were pleasant and helpful, apart from one of the receptionists, who has worked there for a long time. No greeting, no pleasantaries, just "Sign there, there's your keys". The other reception staff were lovely, but everything seemed to much trouble to her! She had pefected the "Do not disturb" glare to an excellent standard! What a pity, as she is the "face" of the hotel.
The waiters and waitresses were hard-working but didn't seem to enjoy their job! Requests were handled promptly and quite efficiently.
The room I had was okay - clean, well-stocked with tea, coffee and milk and clean towels. It was a twin, but given to me as a single (for a supplement) which was much appreciated. It was at the back, on Dickinson Road which is permanently noisy with traffic and passers-by (obviously nothing to do with the hotel) so I would request a front room if possible and pay the further supplement.
The entertainment is for the "oldies" and varied from excellent to poor, but that's just my opinion as one "act" I didn't like another person I spoke to enjoyed the most! It would be great to have a more modern option at times!
The hotel is in agreat location for transport and is within walking distance of the Town Centre.
Also, no idea whether I was particularly lucky, but I found the atmosphere and the other guests to be really friendly.
Don't know if I'd stay again, but quite good value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

OK Place 2 stay

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"stayed 5days.most staff friendly,seems to cater mainly 4 older generation,patience required4 bar service as staff often dissapear,rooms and food good, Ideal spot for all the attractions tram stop right outside.if i visit blackpool again i would stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

bd experience

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"We have just stayed for a weekend at the Parkhouse Hotel As a family we are well travelled abroad and in the uk.and have stayed in numerous hotels in blackpool We would rate this one in particular the worst . Staff were rude to say the least ,one member of the dinning staff completly humiliated my daughter after requesting more milk for her cereal , staff could not care less about their guests if they are happy or not .Portion sizes for breakfast were very skimpy not what i would call a hearty breakfastEntertainment is designed for people in their eighties and above ,first night was BINGO and a vocalist singing pre war songs ( very boring ) another night a key board player singing and playing much older songs we ended up staying in the room and watching t v it was more enjoyable.One of the reasons we choose the hotel was for the entertainment wasnt we wrong"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007