About Norbreck Castle Hotel

• solarium
  • evening entertainment
  • entertainment staff

Good

horrible disgusting hotel should be shut down completely

Reviewed 4 months ago

"we arrived on saturday 20th for one night we booked in at 2pm our room wasnt ready and to come back at 3to 3.30pm so we did the first room was damp and a puddle of water in bathroom we went to reception we went to the most missarable person did not smile once told her about the room did not bat an eye offered us another room on what we had seen we said no we would have our money back she said we could not have it back cause we checked in at 2 we would have to go through complaints so we went and had a look at the other roonm not much better we felt that we had been forced to stay it was dirty and as for cleaners neednt of had any im a cleaner myself hairs in the bath taps and toilet roll holder HAD NOT been cleaned and polished off furniture old could not switch radiator off or down was red hot snots on the wall come on really you cant charge a hundred pounds for filth even the bar disgusting SHUT IT"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2018

Just alright

Reviewed Wed 14th of December 2016

"Visited this hotel for Christmas 2015,my husband and me really enjoyed it so much we are going again for Christmas this year.OK I will honestly say that the hotel is in need of refurbishment, the first impressions from the outside is not good but pleasantly surprised on the inside,considering that hundreds of people walk through year after year,it must be like painting the 4th bridge you never get to the finish when it comes to cleaning.food is good with something to suite all tastes,buffet style breakfast and dinner, (tip)take own t bags.entertainment was fabulous,tribute acts on every night,swimming pool etc,if I read and took notice of the bad reviews we wouldn't have gone,bad reviewers should pay treble next time and go elsewhere.staff were great,polite,and friendly. "

• Travel date: Sun 11th of December 2016

Awful Customer service

Reviewed Sat 10th of December 2016

"Had issues with the payment tried to call the hotel service and after 18 calls only abled to receive the help and the explanation as to why they took double payment from the bank account. Where rude and would drop the phone when asked to talk to the manager. Also when finally were able to explain the issue were put on hold to which then they ignored 3 times and had to explain the whole situation again and now waiting for the money to be placed back into the bank account."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2016

Would not advise staying here

Reviewed Wed 19th of October 2016

"Dirty , stinking over priced horrible hotel, couldn't see out of window for dirt on it, the pictures on the website are totally misleading, personally I think they have been photo shopped. Entertainment was terrible the only good thing I can say about the Norbeck hotel is that the breakfast was nice. Would not advise anyone to even think about staying there. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel said they wouldn't stay again. SO BE AWARE. I did not use pool but it didn't look too bad."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2016

Overcharged us, Disgusting place, horrible experience

Reviewed Fri 23rd of September 2016

"This place ruined our August Bank holiday. Made us book two rooms by misleading room information, on arrival we got family room with 4 beds and the other room one with 3 beds. We only needed one room with 4 beds. When we wanted to discuss with manager he didn't want to know, paid £376 for two nights only! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ! I wish I'd read all the reviews before, I wouldn't stay there even if they pay me! FEEL SORRY FOR MY FAMILY FOR MAKING THEM STAY AT NORBRECK CASTLE HOTEL. "

• Travel date: Thu 15th of September 2016

Hotel from Hell

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2016

"Visited Blackpool Mon 8th Aug -Tue 9th Aug 6 Adults and 1 child, to see the air display. Stayed at the Norbreck Castle Hotel and we all wished we hadn't. They charged my husband, my 13 year old son and myself £91.50 and we stayed in a smelly,dirty,noisy,dark, small room, the view looked out over pipes. It is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. If there was a fire you would not stand a chance, small long corridors and a dodgy lift. The breakfast was ok you had to go up and get it yourself after waiting in a queue, cup of tea disgusting (dish water). The staff are not helpful, friendly or smart looking. My advice to anyone thinking of visiting, don't bother."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2016

1st June 2016 2 days

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2016

"Hotel should be called Blackpool dungeons. Our sons bed was. Camp bed room was dirty restaurant staff weren't helpful. Manager was rude and aggressive when we approach him. Worst hotel we have ever stopped in Geoff from Durham."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2016

Vile!

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2016

"Arrived here today, expected a basic value family room for a couple of nights. Room stinks of dog and has not been vacuumed or dusted since time began. Decor is tired, furniture looks like it's been reclaimed from Steptoe's yard. Had to wipe 'dog lick' off the windows to appreciate the lovely sea view. The duvets are wafer thin and one of the beds has missing/broken slats. Probably won't bother trying out the other 'amenities' given what I've experienced so far.. In fact if I hadn't got the kids to consider I'd probably be more comfortable sleeping in a shop doorway near North Pier."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of June 2016

The best part was leaving

Reviewed Tue 24th of May 2016

"The worst 'hotel' I have ever stepped foot in and I've stayed in a lot. It was freezing cold to start with, the sheets had yellow stains on and pubes in, the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks, the walls had stains up where people had presumably thrown drinks, the room looked like it hadn't been redone since the 1900s. Chairs were broken and I nearly badly hurt myself when I sat down. When we asked for a refund and to leave the staff did not even ask why so this obviously happens a lot so surely they should be looking into the reasons why and sorting it out! The hotel is very tired and in major need of a refurbish! Having been told we would get a refund and it would be in our bank within 24hours we are very disappointed to find that a week later we have still not been refunded. I wouldn't let my dog stay here it is that disgusting."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2016

Freezing hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of October 2015

"Just spent a 5 day break here. There was no heating in the bedrooms or corridors and all the bedding felt damp. Complained to reception and they sympathized with us,but said it was Company policy to only have the heating on one hour per day.. Yet we had been there over 24 hours and had no heating. Disappointed with the state of the hotel, cold wind blowing along the ground floor corridors as in some cases the doors were broken off and others were left open. On some meal times we had waiter service for our wine, and on other days this was refused and we had to queue at the general bar. There were no receipts given unless you remembered to ask for one. (Rewards Card holders). We had booked for the dance break which was dearer than the normal tariff for October, as this was cancelled we expected a small refund. All emails and messages to their web sites remain unanswered."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2015

Armed forces weekend

Reviewed Thu 2nd of July 2015

"This hotel room was clean and comfortable, and the food we had was really good value for money. The staff were pleasant and extremely helpful and forwarded on to me my kindle which I misplaced in a drawer. The only negative was the awful view from the bedroom window,! Stale collection of watering a roof top and a visiting place for loads of pigeons.. "

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2015

Surprisingly Good

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2014

"7th Oct 2014 - Britannic Norbreck Castle Hotel

I am 70 years old and booked this tour some months ago as a cheap way to revisit the Blackpool of my childhood and to see the lights. I was attracted by the price and the expectations of the brochure. I did not expect much, except a roof over my head and a dish of gruel for breakfast.
The week prior to the visit, my attention was drawn to the many adverse comments on TripAdvisor and Google I contacted the hotel direct to request a Non Smoking room. Two days prior to leaving, a new review reported sickness and diarrhea at the hotel. Having taken out travel insurance, I also took the precaution of booking a return train ticket back home on the second day as I was so worried.
Checking in at the hotel was matter of some ten minutes, handled by very friendly and polite staff, which was every credit to them as there were some six coaches all disgorging at the same time.
My room (207) was surprisingly adequate, beautiful clean white duvet, nice carpet, lots of storage, both hanging and drawer. The bed was a little hard but comfortable, slept like a log. The en-suite was clean, albeit with very dated wallpaper (coming off in couple of places but not worthy of complaint), but most important the toilet was clean. Although now a museum piece, the small color TV adequately showed BBC1,BBC2,ITV and CH4 perfectly. Unfortunately the room did smell strongly of stale smoke, which the hotel did apparently try to neutralize on two occasions. The room service was excellent. There was fresh tea, milk and coffee in abundance every day. Back view not a problem as I don't spend my time window gazing! Lift to all floors.
Adverse comments I had read regarding the food were completely unjustified. The quality was high with a choice of five main meals, eat as much or little as you liked. The self service was not a problem, although there was usually a queue. The tables were a bit cramped but when there were approx twelve hundred diners sitting down to breakfast, the system worked well. The table staff were superb as were the kitchen staff. The catering and food quality was really first class, well worthy of three star rating. The Steak and Kidney pie was to die for!
Although the hotel is well out of the town the supermarket next door sells newspapers and day tram tickets which are extremely good value. Tram stop outside, Fleetwood market is up the road, Blackpool is down the road, everything else is somewhere in the middle, hop on and on as you will!
My only gripe with the hotel is the issue of the non-smoking room, everything else was more than I expected. The staff could not have been more helpful and polite. I now have to go on a very strict diet to lose the weight I have put on.
I would recommend David Urquhart Travel to anyone seeking a similar type of break. The organization was excellent and it was extremely good value for the money.
Regarding the adverse comments left by other people on various sites, draw your own conclusions, I have! If you want a five star 'all inclusive' in the Bahamas it usually coast a bit more! This is a hotel where I found that you get a lot more than you pay for, including indoor swimming pool, evening Bingo and entertainment.
WELL DONE..... WOULD CERTAINLY GO BACK "

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2014

Hotels near Norbreck Castle Hotel

Top traveller tips for Norbreck Castle Hotel

• Olivia by Olivia

"clevelys and blackpool and the front and fleetwood but the hotel too! "

• greekqueen by greekqueen

"sights and sounds of blackpool "

• babs1968 by babs1968

"Blackpool is a great place. "

• babs1968 by babs1968

"The red arrows were doing a display and they were great also the pleasure beach you just cant beat. "

• norbreck visitor by norbreck visitor

"didnt see the pool/gym etc but what we saw was ok "

• benjamin1 by benjamin1

"close the hotel down and start again "

• farrcoy by farrcoy

"An excellent hotel and very good value for money and food was excellent and a wide variety of choice "

• Jim& Jean by Jim& Jean

"Avoid like the plague "

• devaldoe by devaldoe

"Try it and see. We will go again "

• Emma by Emma

"Blackpool Pleasure Beach "

• Clarkey by Clarkey

"It gives the opportunity to spend quality time in the hotel facilities. "

• susan salon by susan salon

" take books with you to read nothing else to do only use spa "

• Disillusioned Traveller by Disillusioned Traveller

"Close down and refurbish Norbreck Castle Hotel "

• bettsfam5 by bettsfam5

"use the bus its cheaper than petrol and finding parking "

• chrisboro by chrisboro

"Be ready for a 15 minute bus or tram ride to town each time you go. "

• Ian K by Ian K

"see the entertainment "

• Fiona K by Fiona K

"dont book it go elsewhere "

• Fifi1963 by Fifi1963

"Camp in your car in the carpark - cleaner and more facilities than in the hotel!!! "

• Rob Willow by Rob Willow

"Cancel & go somewhere well away from here!! "

• Billy S by Billy S

"Stop moaning and lying. "

Norbreck Castle Hotel is also called