Room 11

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 10th January 2013

"Where to start, I have so much to say about the New Kent Hotel!!! We had booked 2 double rooms and on arrival Tony greeted us and made us feel right at home straight away, the hotel is located within the North shore and it was lovely a quiet. Tony showed us to our rooms which I was very impressed with I have to say, it was so clean (which is always a bonus lol) towels shaped like a fan (like a 5 star hotel!!!!!!) at the end of the bed with complimentry soap and shower gel, what more can you ask for!!!!!!! My room had a fantastic on suite complete with freestanding shower, Toilet and handbasin and also plenty of room to swing a cat it, as they say!! The room also had a kettle, tea coffee, milk, sugar and bottled water complimentry with a television and clock radio!! Within this hotel there is also Family rooms complete with balcony and sea view!!! After we settled into our room we went down stairs, we had a little drink which was resonably priced and met Tony (again) his Wife Jo and 2 kids like i said this hotel has a fantastic homley atomosphere and it was easy to relax!!! We were asked what time we wanted breakfast, which I thought was great!!! We opted for 9.30am. When we went downstairs in the morning to the dining room, we were greated by Jo and asked wether we wanted tea or coffee, there was already a selection of fresh friut juices and breakfast cereals to choose from. We were then served a PROPER full english breakfast with the nicest Bacon and sausage I have EVER tasted (and believe me I am very fussy about my sausages) complete with egg, fried bread and plum tomatoes, and additionally as a buffet style you could add your own proper mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, black pudding, scrabbled egg and beans. All this and Toast as well!!!! I would definantly re-visit the New Kent Hotel!!! Thanks Tony and Jo!!!!!"

• Travel date: 25th April 2008

loved it

Reviewed 14th January 2013

"as its familey run its great for my kids as they dont have to be dead quiet and can play with tonys kids"

• Travel date: 19th April 2008

Family stay

Reviewed 8th January 2013

"We have just got back from a fantastic weekend at the Kent in Blackpool. The hotel had everything you could ask for to make your stay comfy and relaxing. We also stayed in the family room as we took our daughter and she thought it was great to have bunk beds all to herself, the rooms were very clean and beds very comfy which made it harder to get out of bed in the morning. That was short lived though when you went down for breakfast, greated by a friendly face and your order taken of which now my husband wants to get our bacon and sausage from his butcher and get them sent to us. We were abit concernced about going with our little one and with the noise she would make but they made her very welcome and now she had made two little friends of which she is already asking to see again so we are def going to be booking again this year. Once again if you want a fantastic stay at blackpool then don't hold back book now."

• Travel date: 19th February 2008

Great B&B, Great Location and Great Owners.

Reviewed 2nd January 2013

"On a spur of the moment decision I booked a double ensuite room at the New Kent Hotel for the 21st & 22nd December. When booking Tony asked if we had any special requirements and what time we would like to check out on the Sunday, which I must say kinda impressed me... I told him we wouldn't be arriving until late in the evening, and he said there would be no problem. The New Kent Hotel was easy to find, at the North Shore. Its not in the middle of all the action, which I found a great thing, very quiet area, but only 2 minutes drive from the Tower, Sealife Centre and the Wax Works. Oh, and during the day you can see to sea - added extra. So overall fantastic location. When we arrived, Tony welcomed us, showed us to our room and asked us what time we would like breakfast (I'm not a fan of breakfast at 7 in the morning so was very happy to be allowed to say 9 and 10 the day after). The room was on the first floor (room 2 I think). It wasn't huge but for £25pppn what do you expect, bed was really comfy with loads of pillows- you can never have too many can you? Oh and the towels were in little fans on the bed - something I wouldn't expect in a B&B... But I loved it. There was tea and coffee making facilities, with bottles of water, there was a tv, and radio alarm clock. I don't travel lightly so tend to need a lot of storage space, somthing there was plenty of. The ensuite room was small, which I didnt find a problem... As Tony had already pointed out there was a huge bathroom down the hall, if i needed more space. But I found the shower in our room more than suitable. And the good thing was the room was always warm - not too warm, just warm enough! Now for the breakfast - to die for! ... I can honestly say it was one of the best breakfast's I've ever had. The egg was great, the mushrooms were proper mushrooms not tinned! And the sausage was absolutely gorgeous, the best I've ever tasted. Filled me up, and really set me off on my day. The bar was reasonably priced, and Tony and his partner we're more than happy to sit up and have a drink with me. I felt extremely comfortable staying in The New Kent Hotel, and it really was home from home. I've stayed in a few B&B's in Blackpool and this was by far the best, great location, great value for money, great owners and great food :)"

• Travel date: 7th January 2008

Great Family B&B

Reviewed 7th January 2013

"My husband and I took our 2 kids to Blackpool for the last weekend of the lights. The New Kent Hotel was a great family B&B. The owners were extremely welcoming and friendly. The hotel was very well equipped and clean. We stayed in a family room, double bed and bunk beds with en suite bathroom, TV and coffee/tea facilities.The room was very clean and quite spacious compared to others we have stayed in. We spent some time in the bar/lounge area which was lovely and Tony was a great host and great with the kids. The bar was very well stocked and very reasonably priced. The breakfast was fantastic and very filling, I can particularly recommend the sausages. The food was never ending, there was a variety of cereals available for the kids along with juices. It was a great way to start the day. All in all we had a great stay and I will definitely go again and would not hesitate to recommend the New Kent Hotel to anyone. I would like to thank Tony and Joan for their hospitality, a lovely couple."

• Travel date: 13th November 2007

A very pleasant stay

Reviewed 31st December 2012

"This is a great family B&B. The owners were very open and friendly. The B&B was very clean. There is a nice large south-facing lounge with a bar where guests can relax. The location on the North Shore was ideal for us. We were given a double with en-suite and a balcony at the front, from which we could see the sea. We were staying with teenage children and they were given a room next to ours. The full English breakfast was really excellent, with proper butcher's sausages, not supermarket ones. Great value for money. We would stay here again."

• Travel date: 28th October 2007

great weekend

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"stayed here with my 13 year old daughter over the easter weekend.Fantastic hosts and very welcoming. This hotel is suitable for familiies or couples, but there is no entertainment in this hotel. no good for stag or hen parties. The rooms are spotlessly clean and even the beds were comfortable. food was good - great if u enjoy home cooked food. Will visit again in the future. Thankyou maureen and Dave for making our stay an enjoyable one See you in the summer. Julie & Ashleigh in Clitheroe."

• Travel date: 11th April 2007

Maureen and Dave are fantastic people

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"they made us feel really welcome the food was first class the bedrooms were spotless clean and comfortable, we were on the first floor in a room with a balcony and ensuite facilities. The public rooms and dining room are lovely. Maureen and Dave are two of the nicest, friendliest people you will meet nothing is too much trouble for them. This little hotel is a must if you go to Blackpool."

• Travel date: 29th March 2007

Fantastic stay at the New Kent

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I stayed at the New Kent on Knowles Street/Avenue/Road (?) in Blackpool. It was fantastic. The owners, Maureen and Dave are the loveliest couple you could ever wish to meet. I was first put in a single room at the back of the hotel, but upon realising they had a double free for the weekend they came up and moved me to a double room with a balcony which had gorgeous views of the sea! I stayed for 3 nights and Maureen and Dave did everything to make me feel at home. My room was spacious and clean and as it was a very hot weekend when I was there, the balcony was perfect for relaxing on in the evenings. My room wasn't en-suite but the toilet and huge bathroom, with a lovely spacious bath, were always very clean and maintained to a very high standard. The hotel is set in the quieter north shore area, mainly away from all the hen and stag hotels, so it is very quiet and peaceful and all the guests who stayed at the same time as me where lovely and friendly. Breakfast (grapefruit/cereal, cooked breakfast, coffee, tea and orange juice) was one of the best I have ever had. The owners tried really hard to make everyone's stay the best possible and they certainly succeeded. I came away thinking this hotel provided the best short break I have ever had. I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again. Absolutely fantastic!"

• Travel date: 17th October 2006