This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near New Hacketts Hotel

The New Double Room at the New Hacketts Hotel

unhealthy

Reviewed 22nd September 2016

"The room I was given was rotten with damp. since learned that the room was Out of service .and should never have been used. the manager demanded to know who had told me the room was "Out of service" Even telling me the staff were to be lined up in front of me and I was to identify the culprits and if they admitted in front of him that this had been done then I would get my money back. I refused as I didn't want to be the cause of girls getting the sack."

• Travel date: 13th September 2016

What a total doss house

Reviewed 10th August 2016

"What a total sham double/twin rooms not even enough room 2 walk round the bed shower dirty ceiling leaking .I slipped on floor in cloakroom sized bathroom .No Apology or anything when we complained. Bar area floor n carpets filthy .lift inoperable some rooms no electricity .Food poor slandered .i work as a cook in an elderly care home and they get better than this breakfast would not visit again.no fire safety regulations on bedroom doors or where to go if they is a fure totally disgusted."

• Travel date: 30th July 2016

Poor condition, stay at your own risk.

Reviewed 20th April 2015

"I stayed on a group booking for 3 nights with a friend, but we decided to leave first thing after 2 nites. First we asked for a room near the lift because of my knee problem, then found it had a bath with a clip on tap shower which was no good, so changed to another room where we found a tiny bathroom with a mark where a towel rail had been pulled off, the TV was wired to the same plug as the free view box which some idiot sparky must have tested, which is a fire hazard. The fitted drawers were too close to the bed they would hardly open. No mattress protector on the beds which should have done for hygiene reasons. The kettle was on a bedside cabinet right under where the plug sockets and the TV were. One of the windows were painted shut. The handle was almost hanging off the door. The corridors had old torn carpets and a dirty mirror. We asked if we could have a sandwich to take away on the morning we planned to leave early in a taxi, but then they came out with it on a plate. Breakfast as basic, but the evening meal was a choice of meat or fish both with a sauce, so if you don't like it then your stuck with dry veg as no gravy was offered either. I know they say you get what you pay for, but nobody should ever be expected to stay in a place in this condition. I wont ever be going there again, Ive stayed in better."

• Travel date: 20th April 2015

The best place we've been.

Reviewed 18th February 2014

"Me and my husband came to Hacketts York House on Valentines day 2014. What a lovely, enjoyable time we had, so glad we booked here. The staff are so friendly, chatty and helpful. On arrival we were first greeted by 2 friendly members of staff in a bright, airy reception area. We were shown to our seats and introduced to a friendly waitress called Kim, a very polite young lady who provided us with excellent service and made sure all our needs were met. Thanks Kim. The food was very well presented and delicious with excellent choices and it exceeded our expectations as the cost of our booking was value for money. We were chatting to a family on the next table who said this was the 7th time they had come back to Hacketts. The entertainment was composed of a dj and excellent singer also bingo was on offer. Loved it all and I had a dance on the dancefloor with my husband and other guests who were dancing too. At the bar I was served by another lady called Kim. A very nice friendly person who we chatted to for a while. The drinks were cheap which was a bonus. The bar is open 24hrs, we stayed till early hours in the morning. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, I have nothing to complain about. Got a good nights sleep. Breakfast was also delicious with once again excellent service from staff members. I live in Blackpool and have stayed in quite a few other hotels, this was by far the best I will definately reccomend staying at Hacketts and am looking forwand to our next stay. We will be definately returning this year. 10/10 thanks for our pleasurable experience. Mr & Mrs Haworth. "

• Travel date: 16th February 2014

GREAT FOOD

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Just returned from this hotel having stayed there for 4 nights on a mystery break. The bedroom was very small, the bathroom was tiny, any large person would find it very difficult to manouvre around the wash-hand basin to go to the toilet.The sheets were very clean, and the towels were changed every day. The food was excellent with 5 course dinner every evening, with a wide choice of food. The entertainment was good.All the staff were very helpful and efficient. The only downfall was the size of the room but we made the best of it. When staying in Blackpool for a few days it is well worth buying the 3 day pass for trams/buses - ours paid for itself by the second day."

• Travel date: 8th October 2007

Vile

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"I feared that this hotel would not live up to many of the reviews on this site and I was right. The staff were surly, disinterested and unsmiling. The room was poky, tatty and dirty. I couldn't open the meagre cupboard because the bedside cabinet was in the way. The shower in the bathroom was either freezing cold or boiling hot, nothing in between, and it produced a pathetic trickle of water. In short, it is the classic caricature of the traditional seaside hotel in a resort which is well past its sell-by date. If you're visiting Blackpool and are used to a minimum of comfort, don't go here. Pay more and go to the Savoy next door, which is what I wish I had done."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2007

Blackpool experience

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"It was a cheap one night stay. It was not near the train station nor near Blackpool PLeasure Beach. It was a bit of a hike to get there esp with us and our suitcases. When we got there, receptionist wasnt that friendly. She told us that we had to check out by 9am...but it said 11am on my reservation form! When we asked about this, she just waved her hand and said, "yeah 10am then!"...What?? Yeah, but we weren't planning a long lie-in so we just left it. Rooms were small-ish. beds were uncomfortable and not exactly clean. There was a strange smell in our room. I wouldnt use the kettle in the room...it was filthy. We wanted to go for a midnight stroll but found ourselves locked inside...too much hassle to get someone to open the door for us. Breakfast was quite good. Nice freshly made hot brek...,.only problem is, u only get a small portion. I thought it was eat all u can! Sadly, no. Wouldn't stay there again cos there are many cheap hotels in blackpool...many that are closer to where we wanted to go..."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2007

a great place

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"we have been to this hotel since 1997, all we ca say is , that is is an excellent hotel, service , hospitality,food, entertainment, is far from being beaten. and price is very , very good. the hacketts is number 1 for me and my family and will always be so . its just friendly, welcoming hotel. with so much happening you could never say you was bored. check out there twixmas, great value for your money."

• Travel date: 13th July 2007

dirty, tiny room

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Room was very small, a lot of noise at night from other rooms TV's & voices, doors slaming in corridors. Dust on top of bed head, shelve in wardrobe, stains on wall paper, wall paper hanging of the wall, mould in shower. Bed a bit tatty but sheets were clean, and towels fresh every day, rest of the hotel was OK the food was very good, and staff OK."

• Travel date: 4th July 2007

enjoed my stay

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"stayed here for 1 night in may 2007.the hotel was excellent ,food was extremely good and the entertainment is excellent. all staff were very pleasant and helpful. i look forward to my next stay at the HACKETTS HOTEL in july 2007 this time for 3 nights."

• Travel date: 7th June 2007

loved It !!!!

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Once again we had a fantastic time at this Hotel; The food was first class, and the entertainment every night was superb. The staff and management just couldn't do enough for you. Although the rooms are relativly small, they are comfortable enough for a short break."

• Travel date: 24th May 2007

A Month of Sundays

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Hello, it's Paul and Cathy here again, still staying away from our Blackpool home, because of ongoing building work, which is increasingly becoming prolonged (see also reviews under Palm Beach Hotel, Norbreck Castle and The Lyndene Hotel all Blackpool). Anyway, our journey began at Hacketts and I must say this is a reasonably good hotel. Check in: The Reception staff were a little aloof and as I wanted to extend our stay we were initially told we would have to change rooms on the Friday, but after consulting Kelly on Reception and Nick Patterson, the General Manager, we were told we could stayin the same room. This hotel accepts coach parties and we unfortunately arrived as they did, so perhaps reception can be forgiven for a little hasty check in and service. Room: a little dated but OK, plenty of drawer space and clean, shower a bit cramped as i am a 6 footer, but manageable, and anyway; who wants to spend time in the room when you are in a holiday hotel. Meals: Must say very good: ample portions of evening dinner and breakfast, although it would be nice to have an alternative to boiled potatoes. Entertainment: Ricky is your host for bingo and quizzes and he is very good, this is followed by a cabaret artiste; some good and some very funny. The only criticism is the cabaret lounge has restricted views and if you don't take dinner early, as a lot of other guests did and then went straight to the cabaret lounge, you won't get a good seat with a view. Cabaret artistes to look out for are Tony Del Ray (singer and Thursday afternoon Bingo and Cabaret artiste and one night a week singer) and the excellent James Reay (a singer who, in my opinion, deserves a recording contract). Staff member who excelled was definately Robert, the silver fox, who oversaw the restaurant and bar, perhaps the Duty Manager, Andrew deserves a mention also."

• Travel date: 9th April 2007

Hotels near New Hacketts Hotel

Top traveller tips for New Hacketts Hotel

• by jintie

"Go to another Hotel quickly"

New Hacketts Hotel is also called