About Maples Hotel

• baggage storage
  • bottled water
  • express check in check out
  • game room
  • special diet menus
  • billiards
  • water park off site
  • mini golf
  • electric vehicle charging station
  • bowling off site
  • bowling

excellent all round

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"we stayed in the mount hotel for our wedding anniversary this year and would recommend it to anyone who wants to find a wee jem in the rocks. we were warmly greeted by Cynthia the hotel owner on our arrival and she was very pleasant the whole stay, she was approachable and always had your interests at heart. we also met Matthew, Cynthia's grandson who was full of local knowledge and was a great host and bar tender. we stayed for two nights and had a room on the second floor which gave us a nice sea view(at least this one had a sea view and didnt use the phrase in its name and not have one) . the room was very clean with a nicley heighted double bed with fresh clean linen, a double wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 bedside cabinets. it also boasts freeview tv and tea&coffee making facilities in every room. my wife is not much of a breakfast fan but this did not stop me enjoying my full english both mornings which was feshly made and served piping hot and the coffee to wash it down was the best in blackpool trust me i love my coffee.

overall we had one of our best stays while on holiday and will most definitly be back.

Good rooms Good food Good people

Excellent value for money

mr & mrs wyper"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2010

Disappointed stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"After reading the reviews on the hotel we decided to stay here.......big mistake! When we arrived after booking a refurbished room weeks before hand we were told that we had not been given one even though we had been charged for it....... we went to look at the room the room was so small the beds were pushed together and there was barely enough room to walk arround the bed. The room itself was very dirty and in desperate need of refurb.......They eventually said they would give us a bigger room and a refurb room well I have not seen anything like it yes the room was bigger and a refurb had been done but by who I can't tell you the workman ship was shocking with carpet curling up over the dirty skirting boards and dirty silicone all over the bathroom we had no service to the room while we were their for the 3 nights other than to empty the bins!!! Unfortunately we were meeting friends there and was unable to change hotel although we did try but the better hotels were all booked................. How this place ever got 3 rosettes I will never understand as the staff were unfriendly and not helpful in anyway......
The only redeeming feature was the breakfast but this was served in the dinning room which again needed a good clean and we sat all throughout our stay having our breakfast in our overcoats as the place was absolutely freezing........
So I will not recommend this hotel to anyone as in my view the standard is sub standard and although we knew it would be budget it didn't even rise to that as the place was dirty, in need of a good overall and staff a training course in customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of April 2010

dirty dirty dirty hotel

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"My husband and I stayed at the Mount hotel for 3 nights over the Easter period and it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in anywhere. On arrival we were asked to pay the balance upfront before we has seen the room. On reflection we now understand why as had I seen the room beforehand I would have walked out. Two things stopped us . A . We had paid .B. we were meeting friends who were staying here as well who had not yet arrived. My husband had to go out and buy dettox to wash all surfaces before we could even unpack. There was tea stains all down the front of the unit where the kettle was, dirt all over the windowsill. hairs on the ledges, skirting boards were filthy.However the linen on the bed was clean as were the towels. Room size was tiny you had to squeeze past the bottom of the bed to get past , furnishings were of sub sub standard, the carpet was dirty and stained and did not even look like it had been hoovered.the shower has thick black gunge around the bottom there was no room to turn around no ledges to put your toiletries. When I asked the owner to come and check the water and dirt as both my husband and I had had a cold shower, The owner came up and told us we had to let the water run as it was hot. It was tepid.I was told the dirt on the bottom of the shower was silicone and she proceded to scrape the gunge off with her nail. When I insisted it was dirt she replied ok and walked out of the room and slammed the door.I drew the line at having to clean the shower. We expected basic at GBP50.00 per night but not dirt.. When our friends arrived they were equally as horrified, They will be writing their own reveiw.The only saving grace was the breakfast was very good.You maybe asking why we stayed when it was so bad . Well we tried the Hilton it was full Travellodge was full we were sort of stuck and tried to make the best of it, But for us it was an experience never to be tried again. I have to question how the tourist board rating is 3 rossette and how these are actually acheived as it is certainly not for quality cleanliness and warmth as the hotel was very cold."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2010

The best hotel ive stayed in in blackpool

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"we could find no fault with the service or the hotel in any way very helpfull and friendly
staff the room was A1 MR and mrs ADAMS derbyshire"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of April 2010

comfy, clean, refurbished

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The Greenwoods have only been running The Mount for a few years but have worked miracles. I used to stay here years ago looking for budget b & b and was happy but now my stays with my children are fantastic and still in my budget. Location excellent. Lovely, comfortable relaxed atmosphere. Great buffet breakfast so you can help yourself and eat breakfast at your leisure. Brilliant. Thankyou to Cynthia and all at The Mount. We'll certainly be back again!!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of February 2010

great stay

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"Just had a fantastic 4 days in Blackpool staying at the Mount. Our hostess Cynthia and her grandson Matthew could not do enough for us. We stayed in a recently refurbished family room, it had a double bed , single bed and a sofa bed our son and daughter fought over who was sleepimg in the sofa bed first. The room is large and airy with a 42inch television. Breakfast was great with a wide selection of cereals and fruit juices and then a cooked breakfast with saysage, bacon, egg, beans fried bread and lots of toast it filled us till tea time. The hotel is very clean and everyone is so helpful nothing is to much trouble. We will definitly be staying there again. Chris, Geraldine, Elise and Luke Smith from Huddersfield."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of January 2010

Fantastic Hotel!!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The Mount hotel is an excellent hotel!! it is very clean, the rooms are brilliant and the food is all home cooked and tastes beautiful, i will recomend this hotel to all friends and family that come to blackpool! the Greenwood family are a very welcoming family and will do all they can and more to aquire guests needs, i will deffinately be returning here whenever i come to blackpool. The Mount is DEFINATELY the best hotel i have stayed at in blackpool!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

Exellent Hotel

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"Although we only stayed for one evening, the stay was excellent. From the moment we walked through the door, we had a very warm and friendly greeting, the room was one of, if not, the cleanest room we have ever stayed in, and furnished to the highest standard. After an afternoon walk, the cosy sun lounge and well stocked bar, made for a very relaxing and enjoyable time. The breakfast was superb, buffet style, all you can eat, what better way to start your day. This has to the finest hotel on the promenade, will stay there many more times, and would recommend it to everyone. To the owners and staff (to whom nothing was too much trouble) a very big thank-you, and see you soon.
Peter and Patricia Halsall"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of July 2009

Love the mount hotel

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"My daughter an i stayed in the mount hotel in blackpool sep 2008The hotel was very clean and the food was all home cook.and was deliouse the bedrooms where tastfull decorated and i would stay there again.The hoteirs cound nt do enouthe for you.I have stayed in the grand metropole in blackpool and had no sleep over that weekend we where there.and the food was not a patch on the mount hotel.Iwould certainly recoment this hotel to everbody."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of November 2008

no hot water

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"very friendly and clean a bit shabby in bedroom, but had no water coming out of shower,was told that it had never happened before no one had ever complained and she would send the lad up. A man came and looked at it and said it was because uther people was using there showers. Tryed shower again at 10-15pm still nothing just a dribble, 10-30pm still same, 11pm same. morning same, told to just use the shared showers, we paid £30 per night each for en suite, to have no hot water, at breakfast we herd someone else saying the same thing and to be told that it might be a air lock but they could use the shared shower.I have only read one uther review on the mount and they mentioned the shower as well and that was in august. obviously it as been going on for a while and still not fixed but still charging for en suite prices.."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008