superior kingsize double

Good

Totally Disgraceful

Reviewed 16th October 2018

"This hotel was a disappointment from the moment we arrived the hotel did not look like photo's i had seen at all place is very dated an had a very horrible smell throughout we had booked a double room with en suite in photos it looked clean an fresh with two double beds this was not the case when we arrived the rooms were not fresh they had stained walls with peeled off paper in places marks that looked like dampness furniture covered in marks stains an paint. Our son's room was tiny with no heater a very dill light an to top it off a faulty electric switch when switched on was letting of a horrendous fishy smell so only had 4 plugs to our two rooms one tiny radiator in one of the two rooms leaving my son's room an en suite freezing so had to plug in heater witch never made much difference could only put our clothes in the wardrobe as were if drawers were disgusting an smelly. Our kettle was disgustingly full of thick limescale at the bottom so could not even have a cup of tea in the room. Shower an tap water were both luke warm witch in October with limited heating is just not acceptable. The toilet had a missing tile an a peice of metal beeding sticking out of the side of a bit wood the toilet door was disgusting along with both Windows being extremely dirty an a sewage smell as soon as you opened them. The Wi-Fi would not reach our rooms as the signal wasn't strong enough to reach our floor witch was the 3rd witch was also inconvenient for us being a young family away for our son's 12th birthday to top it all off when we went down to breakfast on the first morning we were greeted with dirty cups witch when i asked to be replaced the girl brought the exact same cups that someone had attempted to wipe of the dirty marks off after looking at our cups an the smell of the hotel we decided against even ordering breakfast so had to eat out else where. When's booked I was told there was an entertainment/ games room witch looked ok in photos however when we arrived we going this to be more like a large abandoned room in the middle of the hotel witch was also very dirty to the extent we would not let our son even have a game of pool this whole hotel throughout was overall dirty with very dated furniture an a very musky smell witch is over powering came home an could smell it through out all our belongings it's States this is a budget friendly hotel I don't agree I have been to much more cleaner bed an breakfasts in Blackpool that offer more better service value for money clean rooms an Wi-Fi an a much better an cleaner running experience than this would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone it's no wonder they operate a no refund cancellation policy"

• Travel date: 1st January 2018

Lovely quiet hotel

Reviewed 24th September 2016

"Lovely little hotel with sea views, Alison is lovely & nothing is too much trouble, breakfast is best I've had, wouldn't stay anywhere else . loads of shops around the corner, tram over the road, didn't want to come home."

• Travel date: 20th September 2016

65th birthday sister in law

Reviewed 21st March 2013

"4 sisters and 1 sister-in-law went for 65th birthday. the hotel was very nice.the rooms were clean and tidy. the staff was very helpful food was great.nothing was to much trouble for them. they even moved me in with my sister-in-laws because i was in other part of the hotel on my own.the girls from wales."

• Travel date: 21st March 2013

leverdale hotel blackpool

Reviewed 10th August 2012

"We also stayed at the leverdale hotel , so disappointed . This hotel as one of your readers said is tired and needs to close down and gutted . How can you expect to pay high prices for such a tired , shabby room . When i stay some were , i expect it to be of at least the same standard of cleanliness as my own home , i will not lower my standard and this breached it completely .The wall paper in the hall stopped about 2 inch from the skirting board and curled up , and over all , was quite dirty on entering the hotel . My suggestion is dont go there , there are better and , probably cheaper ones out there ."

• Travel date: 10th August 2012

Loved It

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I just wanted to let people know, what a great time we had at the Leverdale it is such a friendly place, We stayed for 3 nights with breakfast and dinner, the food was really good, and our room was really nice and clean. I felt it’s so important to comment when you’re happy as in the past I only ever wrote a review when I had something negative to say! Cheers leverdale we will be back."

• Travel date: 17th August 2008

Home away from home!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I have stayed at the Leverdale 3 times and the reasons for this is simple. Raf and Alison are the perfect hosts taking time to chat and socialise with all the guests. This must be the ethos they pass on to their staff as nothing was too much bother. Value for money this place is number 1 the food is good honest food and a good choice was on offer. I feel that some of the other reviews were very unfair and in my experience the rooms where clean and bedding and towels where cleaned and changed 5 days out of the week. Homely feeling when you arrive you Instantly feel at home and I was totally relaxed throughout my stay. You are not bang in the middle of the town which for me as a parent with 3 young kids was a blessing. The tram station is directly accross the road and is a big part of the blackpool experience. During my second stay I ran into some problems and raf and Alison where on hand to help and I'll quote "You work hard all year round so your holidays are not the time to be worrying " they helped me out and we had a great holiday, You'll never get that at a big impersonal hotels. If your looking for a big 5* hotel where you'll pay over the odds then this is not the place for you. But if your looking for a great honest wee hotel that will offer you everything you need for a great family holiday, this hits the spot. I'll never stay anywhere but the Leverdale whenever i'm in Blackpool."

• Travel date: 13th August 2008

Great value for money!

Good
Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Don't normally write reviews but felt I had too after seeing some which did not do the hotel justice. We have just stayed for a few nights with family and had to say we had an amazing stay - owners and staff were extremely pleasant and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Liked the fact hotel just out of centre as we have small children and sea views were great. Tram stop over the road which was handy. Food was varied and good portions and entertainment suited for both young and old. Best advertisement for this hotel was after talking with quite a few guests they all return regularly. Will definately be back!"

• Travel date: 2nd August 2008